ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Pacific Northwet - Where it's green. And wet.
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 07-17-2012, 02:23 PM   #31
TourPros
Local wherever I go
 
TourPros's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2008
Location: Hood River, OR
Oddometer: 2,043
Petermen

Bring your brain cap or whoever you hiding behind the curtain to the shindig. I have metal questions that could result in a decent size job for us both
__________________
Hell I've been thrown into better places and got friends I ain't even used yet.
Hug those you love often And turn life up !!!
I really like what your are trying to do. I'm just not sure about how you are trying to do it. It's been a pressure working with you and the pleasure was all yours. If you need me I'll call ya..
TourPros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2012, 06:39 PM   #32
speedmaster
Studly Adventurer
 
speedmaster's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2006
Oddometer: 572
Quote:
Originally Posted by peterman View Post
That's funny,,all of mine are for sale!
well,,not the KLR,,,
but the R1100RT, the Beta 250 trials, and the R100GS can find new homes.
new bike!?? not in this life's budget!

We’ll hang in there, I went from being a washed up, good for nothing, useless loser to a highly sought after embedded software developer with just one lucky phone call.
Also I lied on my resume, but just a little.

speedmaster screwed with this post 07-19-2012 at 06:48 PM
speedmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2012, 06:42 PM   #33
speedmaster
Studly Adventurer
 
speedmaster's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2006
Oddometer: 572
Quote:
Originally Posted by DireWolf View Post
I got a new bike in April.

Have you seen it?
Are you saying you want it back?
speedmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2012, 06:20 PM   #34
wibby
BrotherFromAnotherMother
 
wibby's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2005
Location: Grass Pants Orygun
Oddometer: 10,535
Quote:
Originally Posted by speedmaster View Post
We’ll hang in there, I went from being a washed up, good for nothing, useless looser to a highly sought after embedded software developer with just one lucky phone call.
Also I lied on my resume, but just a little.

I can't stand people that go around untying things
__________________
'05 DL650
'92 KDX200
wibby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012, 06:26 PM   #35
PNW Buttercup
Dancing with dirt roads..
 
PNW Buttercup's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2009
Location: Livin' the Illusion... PNW
Oddometer: 1,756
Astrologically speaking: Mercury is in retrograde 7/14-8/4...so according to this theory..... a lot of SHIT, and yes I mean the nasty icky stuff, technologically, emotionally, mentally and physically energies are "effected" ...

explains the bad temper (mine) and the headache...

So I feel your Pain Wibby and hope for your sake and mine this passes quickly...


Don't believe in this? then move along,, nothing to see here.
__________________
~ if you have nothing nice to say, at least have the Decency to be vague..~
~ the measure of your life will not be what you accumulate, but in what you give away.~
~ be the change you want to see in this world -- Gandhi
PNW Buttercup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012, 08:57 PM   #36
peterman OP
cop magnet
 
peterman's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2006
Location: Springfield,,,,like the Simpsons,,,orygun
Oddometer: 13,121
Quote:
Originally Posted by HellsAlien View Post
205: It's been posted before
SWMBO: She Who Must Be Obeyed
DAMHIK: Don't Ask Me How I Know
BTDT: Been There Done That
YMMV: Your Mileage May Vary
ATGATT: All The Gear All The Time
IIRC: If I Remember Correctly
IMHO: In My Humble Opinion
IMO: In My Opinion
STFU: Shut The Fuck Up
RTFM: Read The Fucking Manual
BTW: By The Way
FYYFF: Fuck You, You Fucking Fuck
AFAIK: As Far As I Know
WTF: What The Fuck
FUBAR: Fucked Up Beyond All Reccognition
KMA: Kiss My Ass
PUI: Posting Under [the] Influence
TMI: Too Much Information
NTTAWWT: Not That There's Anything Wrong With That
OTOH: On The Other Hand
SFOTLC: Stupid Fuckers On The Left Coast
TFB: Too Fucking Bad
RMS: Read My Sig
AFAIC: As Far As I'm Concerned
PITA: Pain In The Ass
NWS: Not Work Safe
NSFW: Not Safe For Work

YSGUTI: You're slow, get used to it

205 IMHO DAMHIK, SWMBO said ATGATT UFF or you’re FUBAR, NTTAWWT AFAIC. BTY STFU & KMA you SFOTLC. OTOH FYYFF & STFU u PITA. TMFI FUBAR, BTW RTFM, YMMV IMHO SHMBO wears PITA AGATT.

YSGUTI TFB

+1 EMU
Missed one,,Doofus!

LYHANS,,:Love You Hell's Alien, No Shit!



I hate that you didn't include that!,,,
__________________
peterman
___________________________
"Your God, your rules,,YOU go burn in hell!" LLV
peterman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2012, 10:00 AM   #37
Road Rash
Infamous
 
Road Rash's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2003
Location: The Original OC, in Oregon
Oddometer: 18,453
Gwen


Quote:
Originally Posted by Shoganai View Post

I'm not fast sweetie, just lack judgement, self control and good sence.

I can relate to this
__________________
"A man can never have too many motorcycles, like any good craftsman you need the proper tool for the job at hand. A man needs more tools than a hammer, the same goes for bikes." ~Mr. Cob~

My Ride Through Roatan
Road Rash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2012, 10:19 AM   #38
Idarider
R1200GS
 
Idarider's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2005
Location: Lewiston, Idaho
Oddometer: 1,962
Quote:
Originally Posted by Road Rash View Post
Gwen





I can relate to this
Having just ridden with peterman I know I can keep up as long as I have an extra 40 hp to work with and Road Rash, oldmonkeybutt were always nice enough to wait .

Peter are you goign to stay the night or at least stop by when you go to Idaho ?
Maybe try out the ADV cave in my shop ? so far Fishy is the only one to try it, HellsAlien stayed in the house since it was over 100 on that day.
__________________
R1200GS, DR350SE
Idarider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2012, 06:11 PM   #39
peterman OP
cop magnet
 
peterman's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2006
Location: Springfield,,,,like the Simpsons,,,orygun
Oddometer: 13,121
don't know when I'm going yet,, for certain.
4th to the 9th is the ride, and I usually go a day early,,so I might make CLewiston a launch point for the morning of the 4th???
or sumpthin,,
don't wanna ride the whole thing in one day on the airhead,(although I could, if I rode like Shogs ) I'd have to get up too early,,AND THAT'S ANOTHER ONE OF THE THINGS I HATE!
You know what else I hate?
I hate that that paved strip of loveliness you call 12 is just laying there undisturbed by my new tires!
That fucker owes me! Last time me and the airhead were on that road,,I was pushing it(not the limit,,,the dang bike!) to the next turnout or driveway, but you know that story, as you were my rescue man!
Anyhow,,work is here, gotta get all I can while I can, then one afternoon, my brain will pop, and I will HATE being here, and not out there,,wherever 'out there' may be!
so,,I could leave thursday,,or one of those other days,,,,It's ALL good brother!
If I don't get to see you, I'll think about you, and the late night at the Motel!
Actually, if there is time in the day, I'd like to stop and re-thank the motel owner for letting me wrench on my bike, and use the room until WAAAAY past checkout time! Good guy, needs positive input from riders to keep him on our side. You should stop in and take him for a ride sometime,,he don't weigh much!
Love you Roy,, Love you Shogs,(but you already knew that, dintcha?)




I'm getting older,
but before I die,,



I want a kiss from Shoganai!
__________________
peterman
___________________________
"Your God, your rules,,YOU go burn in hell!" LLV

peterman screwed with this post 07-29-2012 at 06:17 PM
peterman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2012, 08:14 PM   #40
HellsAlien
a has-been that never-was
 
HellsAlien's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2004
Location: Baja Sur winter. PDX summer (that's like 6 wks!)
Oddometer: 2,250
Quote:
Originally Posted by peterman View Post
You know what else I hate?
I hate that that paved strip of loveliness you call 12 is just laying there undisturbed by my new tires!
Don't hate it too much! Eye Dee Hoe is chip sealing the upper part of 12 this week. We passed many Harley's with upside down smiles 'cause the sharp nasty little chip seal rocks was nicking at their chrome! Tire eaters they are, those nasty little rock chips.

But lower/middle part is haul ass (which I did, 'cause I can!)
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zuber
Hells AL is right.

"Bad roads, good people. Good roads, bad people." Mama Espinoza
“Ride first, tart second. Sorry bro but that’s the way it has to be.” Cbrit, 2008
“You gas it where I brake!” trackday passenger, Thunderhill, 2005
HellsAlien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2012, 11:29 PM   #41
Idarider
R1200GS
 
Idarider's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2005
Location: Lewiston, Idaho
Oddometer: 1,962
Quote:
Originally Posted by peterman View Post
don't know when I'm going yet,, for certain.
4th to the 9th is the ride, and I usually go a day early,,so I might make CLewiston a launch point for the morning of the 4th???
or sumpthin,,
don't wanna ride the whole thing in one day on the airhead,(although I could, if I rode like Shogs ) I'd have to get up too early,,AND THAT'S ANOTHER ONE OF THE THINGS I HATE!
You know what else I hate?
I hate that that paved strip of loveliness you call 12 is just laying there undisturbed by my new tires!
That fucker owes me! Last time me and the airhead were on that road,,I was pushing it(not the limit,,,the dang bike!) to the next turnout or driveway, but you know that story, as you were my rescue man!
Anyhow,,work is here, gotta get all I can while I can, then one afternoon, my brain will pop, and I will HATE being here, and not out there,,wherever 'out there' may be!
so,,I could leave thursday,,or one of those other days,,,,It's ALL good brother!
If I don't get to see you, I'll think about you, and the late night at the Motel!
Actually, if there is time in the day, I'd like to stop and re-thank the motel owner for letting me wrench on my bike, and use the room until WAAAAY past checkout time! Good guy, needs positive input from riders to keep him on our side. You should stop in and take him for a ride sometime,,he don't weigh much!
Love you Roy,, Love you Shogs,(but you already knew that, dintcha?)




I'm getting older,
but before I die,,



I want a kiss from Shoganai!
Just don't kiss me and I will be happy.

Got far enough on the sheet rock to go play, ended up doing greer Grade multiple times, actually both sides of the river, the dirt one on the south side is a hoot going up, showed Watercat and Stoneageman where to get on to the road to NezPerce-Grangeville.
North fork of the Claerwater was beautiful today, went snorkeling at Isabella landing.
__________________
R1200GS, DR350SE
Idarider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2012, 11:59 PM   #42
100mpg
This sentance intent
 
100mpg's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2006
Location: ionally finished in this space.
Oddometer: 16,752
.
__________________
"I'd rather wake up in the middle of nowhere than in any city on Earth" - Steve McQueen
National Suicide Prevention Lifeline 1-800-273-TALK (8255). DSI #694
100mpg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2012, 12:44 AM   #43
wibby
BrotherFromAnotherMother
 
wibby's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2005
Location: Grass Pants Orygun
Oddometer: 10,535
__________________
'05 DL650
'92 KDX200
wibby is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

.
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Times are GMT -7.   It's 02:43 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2014