Oddometer: 648
Harbor Freight lift & Condor Chock

Today I put one of these
"]http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/580/qskw.jpg/][/URL]

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

On one of these
"]http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/802/bxbc.jpg/][/URL]

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

I bought both of these a couple of years ago and for some reason never took the time to put them together .
I guess until now I haven’t been desperate enough to drag it all out . With my new to me 650 Burg needing a going over
I decided to put it all together . Just about every one knows about the Harbor Freight lift , good for home use but
not really for a commercial shop . A word to the wise on the Harbor Freight lift , when I read the reviews a lot of
the reviewers mentioned that H.F. shipped these out a little light on the hydraulic oil . When I checked mine it was
also low , so I filled it with a little $2 bottle from Wal-Mart .

Now for the Condor Chock which is a VERY heavy duty piece of hardware , I bought mine on EBay a couple of years ago ?
Paid like $129 for it , they are now in the $150 range and still worth every penny IMO . Bottom line the Harbor Freight lift
does the job , the Condor chock 5 stars in my book . If a person kept a coat of paint on the Condor it would still be around
a few hundred years from now .

TheReaper!
TheReaper! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2013, 05:30 PM   #2
CaptnJim
Scootist

Oddometer: 1,132
I bought the Harbor Freight version of that Condor Chock a few years ago, to position the V-Strom in our cargo trailer. Not sure what I was expecting from Harbor Freight, but it has been a GREAT purchase - holds the bike well enough that you can get off it without putting the sidestand down. Of course, you need to strap it down before towing.

http://www.harborfreight.com/motorcy...ock-97841.html

MUCH better than I expected.

Jim
Old 06-17-2013, 11:29 PM   #3
fullmetalscooter
Let me take this duck off

Oddometer: 2,768
THere nice for people with space and cash. No cash equals a wood work bench.
Old 06-23-2013, 09:44 AM   #4
Krusty ...
What? Me hurry?

Oddometer: 7,598
Watch for sales and online coupons from HF. I got my lift 2 or 3 years ago, paid less than $300 brand new ($275, iirc). Never had any issues with mine.
Old 06-23-2013, 10:17 AM   #5
Bugtussle
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 536
Quote:
Originally Posted by Krusty ... View Post
Watch for sales and online coupons from HF. I got my lift 2 or 3 years ago, paid less than $300 brand new ($275, iirc). Never had any issues with mine.
I really like mine. Ive had no problems with it either. Also Im just using a couple of 2x6 wood blocks cut 10' long that I place between the front tire and the sides of the front tire clamp. No need to upgrade to a larger front wheel chock for me.

2013 Vespa GTS 300ie Super
Bugtussle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2013, 10:42 AM   #6
TheReaper! OP
Studly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bugtussle View Post
I really like mine. Ive had no problems with it either. Also Im just using a couple of 2x6 wood blocks cut 10' long that I place between the front tire and the sides of the front tire clamp. No need to upgrade to a larger front wheel chock for me.

Personally I wouldn't trust a set up like that on a heavy bike like my 650 burg or my Tmax . Also with the Condor there is never a need for any strapping , and I don't need any help on or off .

TheReaper!
Old 06-23-2013, 11:38 AM   #7
Wentwest
How's that work?

Oddometer: 532
Can you take off the clamps and such so that the lift is low enough that you can park a car over it? I don't have anywhere in my garage for it except under a car.
Wentwest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2013, 12:43 PM   #8
TheReaper! OP
Studly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wentwest View Post
Can you take off the clamps and such so that the lift is low enough that you can park a car over it? I don't have anywhere in my garage for it except under a car.

I've got mine bolted on with 4 nuts and bolts , 2 minutes off with my impact . I've used mine with that hunk of SHI# harbor China freight chock , and I'll tell you NEVER again . Drop one bike off of there and you'll be real sorry , to me it just isn't worth the risk . And besides all of that it's not like you are throwing the money out the window , WTF you'll get a good hunk back when you sell .
When you have good motorcycle stuff priced fairly it sells fast . Check out the pics , I need this up in the air with zero strapping . It's a monster .

TheReaper!