ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Pics, pics, pics...
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-24-2012, 07:16 AM   #1
ealegre OP
n00b

Oddometer: 8
Paraguay

My name is Edgar Alegre, I'm from Paraguay and I'll be posting pictures related to my bike and I do travel by Paraguay, I still lack much, but my dream is to know fully, do so on two wheels ..

Guarambaré is a town in the Central Department of Paraguay.

Loma Grande is a district of the Cordillera Department, Paraguay.

Yaguarón is a city in Paraguay, located at the base of Yaguarón Hill in the Yaguarón District of Paraguarí Department, 48 kilometres (30 mi) from the capital Asunción. The town began as a Franciscan reservation for the Guaraní Indians.
It contains a famous and visually stunning church, the building of which, led by Fray Alonso de Buenaventura, started in 1640 and took 60 years to complete.
Yaguarón is also notable as the birthplace of José Gaspar Rodríguez de Francia, dictator of Paraguay 1814–1840, whose strong authoritarianism earned him the name El Supremo. His house is now a museum – located only 100 or so meters from the church.

Paraguarí (Guaraní: Paraguari) is a city, distrito and capital of Paraguarí Department in Paraguay, located 66 km from the country’s capital, Asunción. At the 2002 census it had a population of 22,154.

Piribebuy is a district in the Cordillera Department of Paraguay. It is of spontaneous origin, though some attribute its founding to Martin Ledesma de Valderrama in 1636. Since its founding documents were burned during the War of the Triple Alliance, 8 March 1636, was later appointed as its Day of Establishment. Piribebuy is known for its Church "Dulce Nombre de Jesus", also known as "Ñandejará Guasu," and also has a small history museum dedicated to memorabilia from the War of Triple Alliance, explaining Piribebuy's large role in the war, as well as memorabilia from the Chaco War and Colonial Times.

Coronel Oviedo is a city in Paraguay. It is the capital of the Caaguazú Department, about 150 kilometers east of Asunción.
The city has a population of about 52,400 (2006 Estimate) and is the hometown of president Nicanor Duarte Frutos. Coronel Oviedo is an important transit point, as it lies halfway between Asunción and Ciudad del Este. In addition, it sits at the intersection of highways Ruta 2, Ruta 7 and Ruta 8.
The moniker for the city is the "Capital of Work" or capital de trabajo in Spanish.
The original name of the city at the time of its founding was "Nuestra Señora del Rosario de Ajos" Or "Our Lady of the Rosary of Garlic", as the cultivation of garlic was a prominent local cash crop and founded a significant base for trade in the city. The city is the seat of the Roman Catholic Diocese of Coronel Oviedo.

More Photos of Paraguay

ealegre screwed with this post 07-26-2012 at 07:11 AM
ealegre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2012, 11:58 AM   #2
PNWRR
not fragile

Oddometer: 855
Nice work, Edgar. I look forward to learning more about Paraguay and reading your posts. Be safe and ride while you can.

PNWRR is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2012, 08:52 PM   #3
OaklandStrom
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,612
This brings back memories... I was an exchange student in PJC in 1982. I got to see a bit of the country, and *almost* got to meet the President, but he cancelled my appointment at the last minute. I saw some crazy shit that I won't mention, because I don't know how closely the government follows it's citizens today.

I loved my visit, and was happy to meet so many great people.

Paz y Progresso
OaklandStrom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2012, 01:25 PM   #4
Zrexrob
Fla Mountains...yep!

Oddometer: 1,721
Very Nice!

Seven deadly sins Seven ways to win Seven holy paths to hell And your trip begins...
Zrexrob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2012, 12:46 PM   #5
JohnnyWaffles
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 238
Very cool! You seem like you are very close to your girlfriend/wife. Great pictures
JohnnyWaffles is offline   Reply With Quote