ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Day Trippin'
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 02-27-2013, 10:05 AM   #346
bigtodd
Hi, wanna ride?
 
bigtodd's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2010
Location: Surf City, USA
Oddometer: 1,318
CA Adv Day Ride

Any CA Adventure riders interested in a day ride on Sunday? I really need to get out on the 525. I've been riding the GSA like a gentleman for the last few weeks and need to reach down to my inner child for a day.
__________________
Life is an adventure that requires the correct equipment

SPOT - bigtodd - where I at now?
bigtodd.whereamiriding.com
bigtodd is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 12:43 PM   #347
jnyrav
Gnarly Adventurer
 
jnyrav's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2008
Location: Newport Beach
Oddometer: 335
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigtodd View Post
Any CA Adventure riders interested in a day ride on Sunday? I really need to get out on the 525. I've been riding the GSA like a gentleman for the last few weeks and need to reach down to my inner child for a day.
I'm you're huckleberry...

I'm in the mood for some rocks and sand...lol
jnyrav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 12:59 PM   #348
NSFW OP
ktm's "the tourist"
 
NSFW's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2007
Location: Burbank CA
Oddometer: 15,713
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigtodd View Post
Any CA Adventure riders interested in a day ride on Sunday? I really need to get out on the 525. I've been riding the GSA like a gentleman for the last few weeks and need to reach down to my inner child for a day.
i think jonF is planning to do dove springs this sunday. by sunday afternoon, todd could be the hill climb riding king....hahaha.




2011 RR here...http://www.advrider.com/forums/showt...8376&page=1500

have fun todd, wish i can join you guys.
NSFW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 02:37 PM   #349
jnyrav
Gnarly Adventurer
 
jnyrav's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2008
Location: Newport Beach
Oddometer: 335
Quote:
Originally Posted by NSFW View Post
i think jonF is planning to do dove springs this sunday. by sunday afternoon, todd could be the hill climb riding king....hahaha.




2011 RR here...http://www.advrider.com/forums/showt...8376&page=1500

have fun todd, wish i can join you guys.
THAT looks good! Browneye knows this area well...
jnyrav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 02:49 PM   #350
catalina38
Contrarian
 
Joined: Oct 2006
Location: Stingray bay CA.
Oddometer: 1,519
You guys are going to make buy another bike
__________________
A mangy man chasing a cautionary tale

KTM 990R 500EXC
catalina38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 01:30 PM   #351
browneye
PIN IT & BANG GEARS
 
browneye's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2009
Location: Orange County, CA
Oddometer: 4,180
Dove Springs, Jawbone, Redrock Canyon, Eldorado, Piutes

Quote:
Originally Posted by jnyrav View Post
THAT looks good! Browneye knows this area well...
I do indeed.

This is yammer territory for me, however the little tiddler blew out both of its fork seals last ride with Riddler and gang in Johnson Valley. We rode the shit out of them up there. The old bike hadn't seen much time in it's 8 years and it had fork oil dripping off the legs. I need to get them replaced or do a fork service myself.

Sooooo...I would have to ride my husky this trip but it's not nearly as good for that area. Plus, I think I'm coming down with a cold - sore throat, cough, fatigue. Will update tomorow.
__________________
Chris Brown - "The Browneye"
"Without Motorcycles, People Live Very Boring Lives." - Malcolm Smith
browneye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 02:22 PM   #352
bigtodd
Hi, wanna ride?
 
bigtodd's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2010
Location: Surf City, USA
Oddometer: 1,318
Sunday Ride 3/3

Ok, I'm sure that whole area would be fun, but I was thinking to do a very nice single track loop that ConTeacher took us on last Oct.

Kramer Junction to Husky on a little known secret track

Husky to Joberg for gas then to Randsburg

Randsburg to Boron (stop over at Domingo's)

Boron to Kramer Junction
__________________
Life is an adventure that requires the correct equipment

SPOT - bigtodd - where I at now?
bigtodd.whereamiriding.com
bigtodd is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 02:35 PM   #353
browneye
PIN IT & BANG GEARS
 
browneye's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2009
Location: Orange County, CA
Oddometer: 4,180
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigtodd View Post
Ok, I'm sure that whole area would be fun, but I was thinking to do a very nice single track loop that ConTeacher took us on last Oct.

Kramer Junction to Husky on a little known secret track

Husky to Joberg for gas then to Randsburg

Randsburg to Boron (stop over at Domingo's)

Boron to Kramer Junction
This is a dualsport route. If you want to see some real single track we go up into the Piutes.
There may be snow left though.
__________________
Chris Brown - "The Browneye"
"Without Motorcycles, People Live Very Boring Lives." - Malcolm Smith
browneye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 03:25 PM   #354
bigtodd
Hi, wanna ride?
 
bigtodd's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2010
Location: Surf City, USA
Oddometer: 1,318
Quote:
Originally Posted by browneye View Post
This is a dualsport route. If you want to see some real single track we go up into the Piutes.
There may be snow left though.
Next time, sounds like you're getting old ... um, sick, anyway
__________________
Life is an adventure that requires the correct equipment

SPOT - bigtodd - where I at now?
bigtodd.whereamiriding.com
bigtodd is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 04:14 PM   #355
junglemototours
trailplug
 
Joined: Mar 2012
Location: Idaho to Costa Rica
Oddometer: 1,362
Quote:
Originally Posted by browneye View Post
This is a dualsport route. If you want to see some real single track we go up into the Piutes.
There may be snow left though.
I'm planning on a Piute Sunday My buddy just cancelled on me, could use a victim or two.....
junglemototours is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 05:00 PM   #356
browneye
PIN IT & BANG GEARS
 
browneye's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2009
Location: Orange County, CA
Oddometer: 4,180
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigtodd View Post
Next time, sounds like you're getting old ... um, sick, anyway

Dood...kick a guy while he's down...

Seriously, I feel like homemade dogshit.
__________________
Chris Brown - "The Browneye"
"Without Motorcycles, People Live Very Boring Lives." - Malcolm Smith
browneye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 08:44 PM   #357
Ma Duce
TBD
 
Ma Duce's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2009
Location: SoCal
Oddometer: 78
Quote:
Originally Posted by NSFW View Post
after rowher, on to spunky for a little twisty ride, then took another dirt road over the hill to the rock inn.



gassing up before lunch; my gas tank is just over 2 gal, and i could not afford to pass up a fill up every gas station.


the famous rock inn






wow, a vintage scrambler



the new plated cr



zach is new to our group. very good rider.



keeping the pumps inside the building



my ortega burger



sorry we have to leave you guys



ruskie hacky
Quote:
Originally Posted by NSFW View Post
finally got the chance to get the 350 on it's first dirt excursion since i bought it last october.

haven't ridden rowher flats ohv area for several months. the weather is perfect at mid 70s, and dirt was still damp. gotta ride.

the little 350



the crew



the view from 3500 feet



zach brought the smallest plated bike he could find



i wasn't dissapointed with my 14/52 set up



the russians are coming














noel and val




jon and paul



bouquet lake



that hack was smoking...literally
[IMG]http://h8c.smugmug.com/Other/130216-RowherRock-Inn-Saturday/i-6pvB6vd/0/L/IMGP0182-L.jpg[/IMG
Hi everyone, just came across this tread. I had a great day riding with you all. Just subscribed to this tread, and will check in with you on the next ride. I'd like to go out to Moab next time because I've never been there. I know it's too late to register for the Death Valley ride, but I'll ride out and see what I can see

Thank you,

Zachary
Ma Duce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 10:03 AM   #358
bigtodd
Hi, wanna ride?
 
bigtodd's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2010
Location: Surf City, USA
Oddometer: 1,318
Quote:
Originally Posted by browneye View Post
Dood...kick a guy while he's down...

Seriously, I feel like homemade dogshit.
Ah, you know I love ya!
__________________
Life is an adventure that requires the correct equipment

SPOT - bigtodd - where I at now?
bigtodd.whereamiriding.com
bigtodd is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 10:11 AM   #359
NSFW OP
ktm's "the tourist"
 
NSFW's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2007
Location: Burbank CA
Oddometer: 15,713
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ma Duce View Post
Hi everyone, just came across this tread. I had a great day riding with you all. Just subscribed to this tread, and will check in with you on the next ride. I'd like to go out to Moab next time because I've never been there. I know it's too late to register for the Death Valley ride, but I'll ride out and see what I can see

Thank you,

Zachary
zach. lots of riding to be had. you and the gs should be able to do it all. mojave trail this coming weekend.

NSFW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 05:32 PM   #360
Ma Duce
TBD
 
Ma Duce's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2009
Location: SoCal
Oddometer: 78
Mojave trail is on my to ride list
Ma Duce is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

.
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Times are GMT -7.   It's 01:58 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2014