User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-15-2014, 12:27 PM   #1
prudolf OP
LM Cycle Supply

Oddometer: 96
ADVdept: BMC Performance Airfilter for KTM 1190 Adventure

Just announced for Pre-Order, BMC air filters are on the way for the KTM 1190 Adventure's!

Retail for these is $82, our price: $73.80

Find them here: http://advdepot.com/bmc-high-perform...venture-r.html

Adventure Motorcycle Depot | S1000RR Depot | F800 Depot | Twalcom USA
prudolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2014, 10:29 AM   #2
wilmar13
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 339
Quote:
Originally Posted by prudolf View Post
Just announced for Pre-Order, BMC air filters are on the way for the KTM 1190 Adventure's!

Retail for these is $82, our price: $73.80

Find them here: http://advdepot.com/bmc-high-perform...venture-r.html
Availability on link still says preorder, but price is $82. Is this available now?
Old 06-12-2014, 05:41 AM   #3
prudolf OP
LM Cycle Supply

Quote:
Originally Posted by wilmar13 View Post
Availability on link still says preorder, but price is $82. Is this available now?

Hi there, sorry for the late reply...it seems my notifications weren't coming to my inbox.

As these filters haven't shipped in yet, I will reset the sale price and check for an updated ETA. I believe these were to be in by now, however our vendor has gone through some structural changes, and we will follow up to make sure that they'll be in soon.

Thanks for looking and I'll post back up ASAP!

-Paul

Old 06-13-2014, 01:13 PM   #4
prudolf OP
LM Cycle Supply

Updated Fitment

These past couple days have been a bit crazy with the new KTM air filters!

Good news: We have just received the first small shipment of these filters, and they are still available to order at the introductory sale prices.

Kinda good news: We have also been updated that the current filter that we have listed is for 2013 standard models only and all "R" models, and that BMC has a new filter for the 2014+ standard models with a larger sealing lip.

Kinda wishing we had more info...news: We are currently waiting for official pricing and availability for the new BMC filter for the 2014+ 1190's. Once everything is determined, we will also have these available for Pre-Order at a special price!

For now, here's our updated Air Filter listings for the KTM 1190's. http://advdepot.com/ktm-items/1190-a...r-filters.html

Thank you everyone. If you have any questions or need anything else, please feel free to PM me directly.

-Paul

Old 06-13-2014, 09:02 PM   #5
wilmar13
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by prudolf View Post
We have also been updated that the current filter that we have listed is for 2013 standard models only and all "R" models, and that BMC has a new filter for the 2014+ standard models with a larger sealing lip.
That is first I have heard that '14 R models kept the initial air box. Is this certain?
Old 06-18-2014, 10:28 AM   #6
prudolf OP
LM Cycle Supply

Quote:
Originally Posted by wilmar13 View Post
That is first I have heard that '14 R models kept the initial air box. Is this certain?
As we are waiting for final details regarding the new air filter from BMC, Italy this is the information that I've gathered from our distributor and BMC's website/application chart.

I do not have access to an official KTM fiche/parts catalog, so if anyone would be willing to check or possibly verify that the "R" airboxes and filters are the same for us, that would be much appreciated. I can repay you with a nice discount on your next order!

Thanks again,
-Paul

Old 06-18-2014, 01:01 PM   #7
wilmar13
Gnarly Adventurer

Ktmtwins has microfische (so do several other sites), though not sure if that is truly official.

The airbox lower, and filter frame is new part number for both '14 models (R & S) both list same filter as '13 models. The new part number is common for both S and R.

My guess is there was some sloppy change management on KTM's side and perhaps some early build '14 models have the '13 airbox, like it was a running change implemented when it was ready but after '14 builds started. Either way they kept the same filter for both revisions of airbox. The change was probably to better seal the existing filter, so it could affect aftermarket filter fit(i.e. if the sealing lip on BMC filter was thicker and fit '13 boxes well, maybe it is too tight for '14, or something like that). Hopefully it will get straightened out soon.