Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-07-2012, 06:37 PM   #106
bwalsh
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 10,837
Quote:
Originally Posted by RockStorePhotos View Post
I have shot close to 180,000 photos on The Snake so far. Around 150 of those photos are sequences from 10 crashes. So if ten people out of the approx 120,000 who have ridden The Snake in the past 8 months crash, what does that mean?

It means there have been 179,990 riders drivers and cyclists who have transited The Snake successfully.

It means flatlanders who not of what they speak should stick to crayfish and mile long straightaways.

It means that a few of you ride with little ADV badges sewn into your panties.

It means that if you are in Los Angles and want to ride your bike to The Snake, you are not in imminent danger of crashing.
A little testy are we?

bwalsh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 06:38 PM   #107
high dangler
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 535
when the photographers set up camp on a stretch of nice road its doomed.
Seen it with Deals Gap.
Old 08-07-2012, 06:46 PM   #108
RxZ
Legal Drug Dealer

Oddometer: 1,840
Nice shots there RockStore! Maybe one day I'll make it out of Texas to get one for myself
RxZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 07:07 PM   #109
Vulin
Adventurer

Oddometer: 13
so Im confused, whats hard about this corner again?
Vulin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 07:17 PM   #110
DanAllen
ha-HAA

Oddometer: 80
Quote:
Originally Posted by RxZ View Post
Nice shots there RockStore! Maybe one day I'll make it out of Texas to get one for myself
Im thinking something similar... only I want to ride it on my supermoto not my strom, but there is not way in hell im riding coast to coast on that 2x4 of a seat (damn now Im actually considering it...)
Old 08-07-2012, 07:21 PM   #111
WVhillbilly
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 9,520
Quote:
Originally Posted by bwalsh View Post
A little testy are we?

Do ya think
WVhillbilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 07:25 PM   #112
RxZ
Legal Drug Dealer

Oddometer: 1,840
Quote:
Originally Posted by DanAllen View Post
Im thinking something similar... only I want to ride it on my supermoto not my strom, but there is not way in hell im riding coast to coast on that 2x4 of a seat (damn now Im actually considering it...)
I present to you, this thread of awesomeness!

Not a supermoto, but close I would imagine
RxZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 09:06 PM   #113
RockStorePhotos
n00b

Oddometer: 6
Vulture responds again

Testy am I? And a Brit?

Sounds good. After vulture, those insults are compliments. And certainly, insults I deserve for jumping in here. I have been seeing this talk about what me and Rnickey do for years. There was an incident this weekend so I guess I'm being proactive.
RockStorePhotos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 09:20 PM   #114
seabee1
we build, we fight

Oddometer: 2,478
After all, you know it's your fault those people crash. I wonder who's fault a crash is if no one else is around? Maybe then the riders will take responsibility for their actions.

Naaaahhhh! There's always someone else to blame!

www.dehmotorcycle.com
Motorcycle storage with a personal touch
seabee1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 09:29 PM   #115
ShardPhoenix
Наглый ублюдок

Oddometer: 821
Yeap.

I can't blame the photogs for the crashes. The dopes that face plant because they feel the need to show off get what they deserve. Also think that people that crash because they get "surprised" need to re evaluate their road craft skills a little bit, and not be so quick to biff the second something unexpected comes up. (Or, if they are a regular to the road know full damn well that there are photogs there and as such should not pay them any mind until they go to purchase a nice high res shot)
Old 08-07-2012, 09:51 PM   #116
tedder
irregular

Oddometer: 8,797
Quote:
Nice to see all the comments aren't darts and all the gestures not middle fingers. Thanks Jeff!
I try to wave (one finger or five) when I go past. My bikes are utilitarian enough that you usually take the moment to stare at the dirt
tedder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 10:00 PM   #117
slartidbartfast
Love those blue pipes

Oddometer: 4,851
Those crashes are absolutely the fault of the person crashing - However, the presence of photographers and other "spectators" (or vultures) definitely contributes, since we all know that many of those crashing are trying to show off for the crowd and the lens. Furthermore, most of those watching know the score and are not just there to see people carving up the corner with aplomb, but hoping to watch a few people screw up too. If you're standing by that road at the weekend you are undeniably part of the problem. We on this forum may not be encouraging the antics that lead to crashes but we are still enjoying the outcome so shouldn't be supercilious about it either.

10 crashes on one corner in 8 months is not as many as one might expect from all the photos and videos out there. It still seems like a lot to me, however, and I'm surprised anyone would try to claim otherwise.

RockstorePhotos: I am a Brit. I can go round corners and eat crawdads. Your chances of seeing me on that particular road are slim to none since, if I ever went, it would be at a time when I hoped I have the road to myself, without all the idiots (on two wheels and four) getting in the way. However, if I am out that way and our paths cross, I'll get the first beers.
Summer 2008 UK End-to-End ride
slartidbartfast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 10:24 PM   #118
G.Kennedy

Oddometer: 1,850
I would say. On any given weekend here in SoCal. There are way more crashes on Angeles Crest (where there are zero photographers) than in the Santa Monica Mtns where there are 2 photographers.

And the crashes on The Crest are always worse because the speeds are greater up there.

It's squids riding over their level. Not photographers

Hey. Lookie there. A photographer in the apex and I didn't wipe out. From last Sunday:

IBA#11791

G.Kennedy screwed with this post 08-07-2012 at 10:42 PM
G.Kennedy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 10:55 PM   #119
RobH
Don't tase me bro

Oddometer: 5,290
You mad bro?

Quote:
I have shot close to 180,000 photos on The Snake so far in 2012. Around 150 of those photos are sequences from 10 crashes. So if ten people out of the approx 120,000 who have ridden The Snake in the past 8 months crash, what does that mean?

It means there have been 179,990 riders drivers and cyclists who have transited The Snake successfully.

It means flatlanders who not of what they speak should stick to crayfish and mile long straightaways.

It means that a few of you ride with little ADV badges sewn into your panties.

It means that if you are in Los Angles and want to ride your bike to The Snake, you are not in imminent danger of crashing.
Old 08-08-2012, 06:27 AM   #120
KX50002
NooB, my ass

Oddometer: 1,758
[QUOTE=RockStorePhotos;19307539]
It means that a few of you ride with little ADV badges sewn into your Aerostitch kevlar panties.

QUOTE]

There, I fixed that for ya!