Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Ride reports
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old Yesterday, 06:57 AM   #1
TonyBKK OP
Secret Soi Rider

Oddometer: 838
Minnesota to Washington via Arizona! Fall tour 2015!

Gorgeous fall weather and colors in the Twin Cities!

Riding to Bellingham, WA via Phoenix, Arizona, a journey that should cover some ~5 thousand miles.

Ready to roll! ^_^

Looking forward to catching up with a few Inmates along the way!

It's getting cold up here in Minnesota, freezing at night and mid fifties during the day, but a new jacket, baklava and warm gloves paired with the heated seat and grips on the Land Yacht make for comfortable riding. The air is so clean and crisp this time of year and the colors really pop!

Late departure from Minneapolis- finally ready to roll!

Cool and breezy, temp in the high 50's. Got out of the Twin Cities just fine but a big rig crashed just south of Prior Lake creating a big traffic jam... Other than that it was smooth sailing! I-35 selfie

The temp climbed as I rode south and I soon found myself sweating from all the layers I was wearing plus the winter gloves and baklava I was wearing under my lid. A quick stop in Ottawa, MN for fuel and to lose some layers and switch to normal weight gloves- much more comfortable!

Whacked on down to Desmoines, Iowa where I had to stop for fuel. Cruising at 80 mph sure does burn a lot of gas! I usually get 50-52 mpg when touring with my son as we never go over 55 mph, but today with higher speed and a pretty consistent head wind I was averaging 41-42 mpg... Thirsty beast

Another 200 miles to Kansas City! I'd hoped to get there before the sun went down but got a late start from the Twin Cities. Enjoyed a spectacular sunset- this pic doesn't do it justice at all.

Almost there!

Sunset selfie

Wow, Beer Lao in Kansas City! Who knew??!?

Oh dear.... need to resize pics but not easy to do on the iPad... >.< Sorry!
2011 Kawasaki VERSYS!
2005 BMW K1200LT

TonyBKK screwed with this post Yesterday at 07:16 AM
TonyBKK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 09:02 AM   #2
drtyrrel
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 100
"I usually get 50-52 mpg when touring with my son as we never go over 55 mph, but today with higher speed and a pretty consistent head wind I was averaging 41-42 mpg...."

My RT gets 41-42 on a good day usually in the high 30's. That's a long flat ride from Ok to Az. Especially Across Ok.
drtyrrel is offline   Reply With Quote