Go Back   ADVrider > Bikes > Old's Cool
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-23-2012, 04:02 PM   #16
hardwaregrrl
ignore list

Oddometer: 7,235
doode...are you crinkle coating the camry??
hardwaregrrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2012, 11:40 PM   #17
shane_lxi OP
Adventurer

Oddometer: 19
haha, that is actually a parts car for my daily, which I am about to get rid of. It's a Cressida, which is often confused for a Camry, so I put an "I love my Camry" sticker on it for laughs. It's basically like a rear-wheel drive Camry with Supra internals. I loved that car, but got rear-ended leaving work last year. I bought an identical car to replace it and swapped all my parts over, but it's not the same somehow, so I'm thinking of selling it and moving on to a new project. Here's some pics of it before I totaled it... and afterward, lol.

shane_lxi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2012, 04:42 PM   #18
MODNROD
Perpetual ponderer

Oddometer: 2,055
I've had a '92 Soarer TT, I drive a '91 Supra TT to work now, but always wanted a Chaser. Camry looks with a 1JZ-GTE......it's the street racer in me

One day I'll get to the CB350 in the back of the shed too, but I think if I ride the thing all the time, I'd probably keep the TT's for a bit of a hit occasionally.
Old 08-26-2012, 12:11 AM   #19
shane_lxi OP
Adventurer

Been bored waiting for paint to dry, so I went out and polished my headlight bucket, and put the clipons in place. Then I sat on it and made vroom vrooms for about an hour. Here's a pic!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MODNROD View Post
I've had a '92 Soarer TT, I drive a '91 Supra TT to work now, but always wanted a Chaser. Camry looks with a 1JZ-GTE......it's the street racer in me

One day I'll get to the CB350 in the back of the shed too, but I think if I ride the thing all the time, I'd probably keep the TT's for a bit of a hit occasionally.
I wish I lived in Australia :(. We got the mkIII supra with a 7m and that's it. My brother-in-law has a sc400, which is essentially a US market Soarer with a 1uz, we also got them as a sc300 with an n/a 2jz. Very nice cars. Since we're on the subject of rwd Japanese cars, here's a s13, which I just sold :(. Had a turbo swapped ka24de, which is the US market engine for the s13+ chassis. I kinda miss it :(

shane_lxi screwed with this post 08-26-2012 at 12:16 AM
Old 09-05-2012, 12:35 PM   #20
larrattn
n00b

Oddometer: 4
Wink Any chance of buying some of the unused SL350 BITS

Hi, any chance of buying some of the discarded SL350 bits ?

Regards
Neil
larrattn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 09:25 PM   #21
shane_lxi OP
Adventurer

Whatcha need man? I have a few parts left over, the side covers are gone, and the steering dampener is spoken for as well (though I still need to ship it!!)

Admittedly I haven't touched this thing in a few days, but I have an excuse, albeit a half assed excuse. I was throwing it together and noticed the upper triple clamp (the 2nd one I've bought) has a small crack in it. I can't for the life of me find an upper triple that is not fucking cracked, so I got all depressed over it and there the bike sits. I finally nutted up and bought a billet triple from bullitcustomcycle.com. $150, but i've spend nearly that buying broken triple trees, so I'd rather pay the extra $ for a triple that I know is not broken, and is likely not to break either. Oh well, here's a picture of my shame...

Old 09-08-2012, 12:25 AM   #22
larrattn
n00b

Talking

Hi Shane, can you believe, I could REALLY do with the rear frame loop you cut off. I am going the other way trying to take a street tracker back to standard SL350. There are numerous other bits and bobs that I could use

Regards
Neil
Old 09-08-2012, 12:31 AM   #23
shane_lxi OP
Adventurer

I actually reused the seat hoop, I just extended it and put it at a different angle. I still have the oem fenders, lol.
Old 09-08-2012, 02:21 AM   #24
larrattn
n00b

Puke

Yo Shane, still have the rear light ?

Cheers Neil
Old 09-08-2012, 02:23 AM   #25
larrattn
n00b

OOPS, and maybe the standard mirrors ?

Cheers
Neil
Old 09-09-2012, 08:58 PM   #26
shane_lxi OP
Adventurer

I don't think I have any of that stuff anymore man :(

Got my engine in today finally. I decided to throw my sidecovers on after I install the motor to avoid scratching them to shit. Should be happening tomorrow. Here's some pics for now.

Old 09-13-2012, 11:52 PM   #27
shane_lxi OP
Adventurer

Got my new upper triple clamp in the mail today finally! Looks good, I kinda wish it didn't have the Bullit logo engraved into it, but that's ok. It fits really well and and looks good on the bike. It kind of sucks that it increases the distance between the upper fork clamps and the lower clamps by about an inch, so it kinda spaced all my stuff out up there. I'm prolly the only person anal enough to be bothered by it, so I'll just have to live with it, lol. Other than those little irks, it's a well built part for not a ridiculous amount of money (but still a bit pricey), and it looks much much sturdier than the stock unit. Plus, it's not cracked, so that's a plus. My old speedo bracket for the OEM upper did not work with this, but luckily there are two pairs of tapped holes in these things for brackets, so I made a new one really quick and it actually looks alot better than the other one I made, lol.

I had been planning on putting my sidecovers on this week, but in true anal/OCD fashion, I had to touch up the paint on them. Needless to say, I fucked them up, and had to strip them down to bare metal and reshoot them. Hopefully they'll go on this weekend and I can start wiring. Not excited.

Old 09-26-2012, 11:08 PM   #28
shane_lxi OP
Adventurer

Got alot of it thrown together today. Still need to do little things like run vacuum and fuel lines, install the coils, etc. Then I need to wire it up and ride it. More pics when it get's there!

Sorry for the watermark, using my wife's work computer and I don't know how to stop Lightroom from adding it, lol.

Old 09-27-2012, 02:13 AM   #29
Kt-88
I like everything.

Oddometer: 498
Looking good. My wife and I are building an sl350 framed cl that will receive a similar treatment with a small cafe bump and tracker bars.. And maybe a smog pump supercharger. Vm34 carbs and some head porting. Maybe a very mild rake as well, ala club black 2 by wrenchmonkees.
Kt-88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 11:36 PM   #30
shane_lxi OP
Adventurer

I like that bike too. Wrenchmonkees does good work. Only thing I'm not overly fond of on that one is the rear tire tucking, seems out of place on the hump seat.