User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-05-2012, 05:42 PM   #1
grgolf OP
n00b

Oddometer: 1
1985 Honda Elite 150 Deluxe Value

I have a chance to buy a Honda Elite 150 Deluxe tha is in good condition, runs well with 8500 miles on it. I wanted to know what a fair price for the scooter.

Thank,
Geoff
grgolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2012, 05:46 PM   #2
riddleofsteel
Adventurer

Oddometer: 48
I gave 1100.00 for my 1986 150 Elite with 3900 miles in excellent condition.
riddleofsteel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2012, 10:13 PM   #3
fullmetalscooter
Let me take this duck off

Oddometer: 2,547
grand to 1500 depending on how good and if it's not at a dealer. At that price you can buy it , ride it and sell it 2 years latter for around the same price without going ship I lost allot of cash since I bought the bike 2 years ago.
Old 08-06-2012, 12:26 PM   #4
bbishoppcm
It ain't a moped.

Oddometer: 666
It's a matter of condition, really. How's the paint? Any visible rust on the frame? Cracked plastics? Faded gauge cluster? How's the seat? These things vary wildly in value from $500 and below to over $1500. Realistically, $1000 is the most I'd pay for such a machine in excellent condition, knowing that some of the parts are no longer available, and knowing sight-unseen that it's going to need some work (fuel tank is likely rusty, it'll need a carburetor mount since they ALWAYS dry out, the tires will likely need to be replaced unless they were done recently, the crank vent system will need some work, and it'll likely need some other tinkering).
bbishoppcm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 12:29 PM   #5
bbishoppcm
It ain't a moped.

Not trying to discourage you at all; the Elite 150 is the funnest 80's Honda scooter made, and can deliver nearly 87mpg if well tuned, and it has a top speed of around 60mph without working too hard. For longer trips, the Helix was great... but for back-country roads, city driving, and even quick highway hops, the 150 was a shoe-in. However, they are an aging breed, and do require some mechanical work to make 'em right. The belt is another thing you'll want to swap; 26 years regardless of mileage isn't friendly to the drive belts on these things, and it's best to replace BEFORE it shreds all over the place!
Old 08-07-2012, 02:56 PM   #6
outofcontrol
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 124
Go for one that's got good cosmetics. Engine/drive-train can be sourced and/or fixed, but the body work is hard and expensive to gather.

$250 for a rat bike
$500 for a runner but not a stunner.
$800 for a peach
$1000+ it better be well maintained and crash free.

I paid $900 for mine. 1986 Deluxe with 3600 miles. It had brand new Michelins, a new helmet, and several new service parts. Still had some problems just from being an old girl from 1986. Nothing a little love wouldn't whip. I'm still tweaking mine, but it's a fun way to travel.

-Kevin
Old 10-23-2012, 04:31 PM   #7
ride4321
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,772
I just picked up one of these beasts today for $100. Plastic is in good condition except for the left signal that's broken off but that can be glued back on. It turns over but has no paper work. If I can get it running I'lll register it through VT providing it's not stolen. If it's a hot bike which I don't think it is I'll be posting parts up.
Pics..

I hope I can make this bike legal and running. I want it for my daily ride to work.

Don't you know there ain't no devil, it's just God when he's drunk.
Tom Waits
ride4321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 06:17 PM   #8
bbishoppcm
It ain't a moped.

Knowingly selling parts off a stolen bike is a felony... if that bike is stolen, you're morally obligated to ensure it gets back to the rightful owner. I take this to heart, because my father's 1985 Honda Spree was stolen in 1989, and found (totally stripped) in the woods, several towns over, in 1995. I was just five years old when it was stolen; it was the first motorbike I had ever driven. I'm sure it isn't stolen, but if it is, please do the right thing.
Old 10-23-2012, 10:22 PM   #9
fullmetalscooter
Let me take this duck off

Oddometer: 2,547
you would be bitching to us about your the #$()$% thief it happened to you. So if it's hot contact the guy and say hay i pay 100 bucks for it , How much to get it sign over to me. Sad that you said that .
Old 10-24-2012, 03:28 AM   #10
ride4321
Beastly Adventurer

I'll run the numbers today and make sure it's not stollen. If it is don't worry, I'll do the right thing. It's got an inspection sticker on it from 2005, that should make it easier to check out I guess.

Tom Waits
Old 10-24-2012, 05:38 AM   #11
ride4321
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by fullmetalscooter View Post
you would be bitching to us about your the #$()$% thief it happened to you. So if it's hot contact the guy and say hay i pay 100 bucks for it , How much to get it sign over to me. Sad that you said that .
Don't worry, I'll do the right thing if it's stolen.
The guy I bought it from picked it up at a car auction I think. It might have been free in some sort of bundle deal I'm guessing judging from the price. I just hope it's legal so I can keep it and ride the piss out of it.

Update: Just ran the VIN through a site online to see if it's ever been reported stolen, came up clean. That's a good start. Next up, charge the battery (can't find my charger) and see if I can get it running. If and when that happens I start the paper work for the title. Now where the heck did that charger go?
Turns out this is an '84 125, not a 150.

Tom Waits

ride4321 screwed with this post 10-24-2012 at 02:50 PM
Old 10-27-2012, 03:50 AM   #12
max57
Adventurer

Oddometer: 56
Quote:
Originally Posted by ride4321 View Post
Don't worry, I'll do the right thing if it's stolen.
The guy I bought it from picked it up at a car auction I think. It might have been free in some sort of bundle deal I'm guessing judging from the price. I just hope it's legal so I can keep it and ride the piss out of it.

Update: Just ran the VIN through a site online to see if it's ever been reported stolen, came up clean. That's a good start. Next up, charge the battery (can't find my charger) and see if I can get it running. If and when that happens I start the paper work for the title. Now where the heck did that charger go?
Turns out this is an '84 125, not a 150.
My wife has the 125 version.It has been a surprisingly maintainable scooter with minimal needs.It sat for 17 years and I got it going again, just like new.
Old 10-27-2012, 05:18 PM   #13
MobyJack
Adventurer

Oddometer: 24
I am in Reno, NV. I have the 35th CH150D made, i.e., a 1985 Elite 150 DeLuxe. Second owner, stock with a JCW locking trunk. Owner's Manual, Service Manual, both original keys. Just shy of 9K on the odo and maintained faithfully. First owner was a judge in Mammoth Lakes. It's red paint is sun faded. Digital dash works fine, POP UP head light works fine, heck, even the clock works It starts every time, runs great. Not all that excited about selling it but I've been jones-ing for a DR350 locally so I'm going to list it for $1250. Considering it's condition, providence and its great fuel economy (65 MPG regularly here at 4500 feet above sea level) I think I'm being fair. Show me a lower serial numbered Elite at a better price and I'll be surprised. If you're interested drop me a PM. MJ
Old 10-29-2012, 06:34 PM   #14
baloneyskin daddy
bikaholic

Oddometer: 1,985
About 4 months ago I bought its twin for $400 but a little rough around the edges . Runs and drives excellent though. Same thing with all the gauges.even the clock once I replaced the clock battery. Just what would I be looking for in the serial no. to find its production no.
baloneyskin daddy is offline   Reply With Quote