Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-08-2012, 04:34 PM   #1
Brtp4 OP
Yea, its a friggin L

Oddometer: 1,924
FORMA Motorcycle Boots

Fellow ADVRiders,

FORMA Motorcycle Boots

After a FOUR YEAR wait, I am stoked to say that the Forma brand of motorcycle boots have picked up new distribution in the USA. Forma is based in Northern Italy, in the Veneto region, the heart of sports footwear production in Europe. Like other footwear manufacturers from Italy, they are focused on making great boots first, second, and third.

Forma is not a new company, they were founded about 12 years ago. At the brand level, they are positioned at the premium end of the market, with slightly more emphasis on value than some of their competitors. Forma builds a great boot, as evidence of this, they have built stuff under private label for brands such as BMW, Fox, Dainese, and a few other well-known brands. They are also a little more innovative / less conservative with their models than some other Italian brands, and say they are working on several US-specific new models.

They have a full line, with models for Adventure Touring, Dual Sport, motocross/enduro, sport touring, roadracing, womens models, some other stuff. Sizes run up to 13 for most models, and up to 14.5-ish for a few. Fit is wide, foot chambers are normal to roomy. We have been using their stuff for quite some time, but we are familiarizing ourselves with the new line as fast as we can. Several models stand out: the Adventure (nice for walking, ADV, dual sport and light enduro), Cape Horn (ADV, sport touring, dual sport), Dominator Comp and Dominator TX (MX and enduro) and Terrain TX (MX, enduro, dual sport, ADV). Here's a few models:

Forma Adventure:

Forma Cape Horn Touring Boots:

Predator (top-of-the-range MX boot):

Dominator TX $349:

Terrain TX:

Forma have a full range, with models for all types of riding, and typical Veneto region Italian boot quality and fit. For more info go to www.atomc-moto.com/formaboots.

Atomic Moto.com
Bend, OR

Brtp4 screwed with this post 05-04-2014 at 11:00 AM Reason: Bad title - need to update please
Brtp4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2012, 07:55 PM   #2
trc.rhubarb
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,849
nice! I have a pair of GTs and would definitely buy Forma again.
1975 R90/6
Follow me here
trc.rhubarb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2012, 09:37 PM   #3
Ghost_Mutant
looking for bionics

Oddometer: 701
Quote:
Originally Posted by trc.rhubarb View Post
nice! I have a pair of GTs and would definitely buy Forma again.
+1

So would I! I have a pair of Dominators with the inner bootie from the last time they were sold here. These are the only boots I've found that fit my neanderthal feet without causing any discomfort

I was wondering what I was going to do when these finally wear out, but if Forma stays back in the US market then I'm going to get another pair.

Great news.
Ghost_Mutant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2012, 10:06 PM   #4
Brtp4 OP
Yea, its a friggin L

Thanks gentlemen...put some time on Terrain TXs this weekend myself.
BP

Atomic Moto.com
Bend, OR

Brtp4 screwed with this post 08-12-2012 at 10:26 PM
Old 08-13-2012, 07:08 PM   #5
hanksmybuddy
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 380
How do the Forma dualsport series stand up to the Gaerne Oils? I've got the Gaernes and have to replace them soon. I've worn them out. Forma or Garene.....what say you Mr. Atomic Moto!
hanksmybuddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2012, 06:51 PM   #6
kelsow
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,069
I have a pair of the Adventure boots and love them.
If they wear out. I wouldn't hesitate in buying another pair.
Site: dualsport.ca and rideatlantic.ca
kelsow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2012, 06:24 PM   #7
Brtp4 OP
Yea, its a friggin L

Sorry for the delay....back on this:

I really like the Adventures. They are not like anything else we offer; they're more supportive at the ankle, and softer in the midsole (the exact opposite of the Gaerne Balance Oiled...). They have good ankle protection but are still easy to walk in. Of course they sacrifice frontal impact protection, but this is primarily a concern in the narrow stuff. You can see the molded ankle support:

They are also taller than other ADV boots we have, at 13.25". Weight is 2.86 lbs for size 11s.

They also have plastic toe protectors on BOTH sides.

Soles are molded on. They are MUCH grippier than most ADV boots, easier to walk on wet stuff, etc.

Under pants, they almost look like hiking boots:

In this pic is a pair that I have had for 2+ years. They have about 2k of good offroad miles on them, and plenty of walking. They show hardly any wear.

I've worn them a bunch, and like 'em.

BP

Atomic Moto.com
Bend, OR
Old 08-16-2012, 09:07 PM   #8
hanksmybuddy
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 380
Quote:
In this pic is a pair that I have had for 2+ years. They have about 2k of good offroad miles on them, and plenty of walking. They show hardly any wear
2000 miles! How have you done 2000 miles on anything with those broken down pieces of shit bikes you've got parked in the garage? I think you've been doing yard work in them and that's about it. Plus the only walking you do is to the fridge for another beer.

hanksmybuddy screwed with this post 08-16-2012 at 09:25 PM
hanksmybuddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2012, 10:29 PM   #9
Brtp4 OP
Yea, its a friggin L

Quote:
Originally Posted by hanksmybuddy View Post
2000 miles! How have you done 2000 miles on anything with those broken down pieces of shit bikes you've got parked in the garage? I think you've been doing yard work in them and that's about it. Plus the only walking you do is to the fridge for another beer.

BP

Atomic Moto.com
Bend, OR
Old 08-20-2012, 06:09 PM   #10
elron
Still Standing

Oddometer: 241
Sizing

How does the sizing run. Note thatn the largest Adventure is 49/13.75. I normally wear 14+ shoe w/wide foot?
elron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2012, 06:27 PM   #11
Brtp4 OP
Yea, its a friggin L

Quote:
Originally Posted by elron View Post
How does the sizing run. Note that the largest Adventure is 49/13.75. I normally wear 14+ shoe w/wide foot?
First, what is the EU size of your normal size 14s? Best to take an average of the EU size, NOT US size, of 2-3 pairs of your normal casual, athletic, or hiking (NOT moto) footwear.

Sizing is slightly generous, and definitely wide. Additionally, I am a little conservative with the conversion, Forma Italy says a 49 is a 14.5 (it is not, they are incorrect). Unless you are closer to a size 50 / 15, the 14s should work. FWIW they are one of the larger boot fits I have seen.

BP

Atomic Moto.com
Bend, OR
Old 08-20-2012, 06:54 PM   #12
trc.rhubarb
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,849
I wear 47 in Doc Martens and my Forma 47's are exactly the same fit.
Don't have any other shoes/boots with Euro sizing.
1975 R90/6
Follow me here
trc.rhubarb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2012, 08:03 PM   #13
1 lunger
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,107
I have a pair of Forma Dominators and I LOVE them!! I'm a solid 13 wide and wear a 14 in some shoes. I got the EUR 47 and they fit great! Take the bootie out if you're a real 14 and you'll be fine. I can't say enough good about these boots! No break in needed, keep you dry and ride in comfort and style all day long!

Life is good!
1 lunger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2012, 07:25 PM   #14
elron
Still Standing

Oddometer: 241
Quote:
First, what is the EU size of your normal size 14s? Best to take an average of the EU size, NOT US size, of 2-3 pairs of your normal casual, athletic, or hiking (NOT moto) footwear.

Sizing is slightly generous, and definitely wide. Additionally, I am a little conservative with the conversion, Forma Italy says a 49 is a 14.5 (it is not, they are incorrect). Unless you are closer to a size 50 / 15, the 14s should work. FWIW they are one of the larger boot fits I have seen.
These will be my first pair of true MC boots. Don't have any personal EU sized footwear (moto or non) to compare with. Looking at these and the Gaerne Balance Oiled (which is also available in EU49 - at a premium price I might add). My true US shoe size is 14.5 (on occasion I've gotten 15's). Of the two, which is more likely to be a better fit. Understand both to be wide that is good for me.
elron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 01:19 PM   #15
Brtp4 OP
Yea, its a friggin L

Quote:
Originally Posted by elron View Post
These will be my first pair of true MC boots. Don't have any personal EU sized footwear (moto or non) to compare with. Looking at these and the Gaerne Balance Oiled (which is also available in EU49 - at a premium price I might add). My true US shoe size is 14.5 (on occasion I've gotten 15's). Of the two, which is more likely to be a better fit. Understand both to be wide that is good for me.
Elron,

I don't have a lot to go on, so I am not sure they will be large enough. Noted you are occasionally a size 15, but I do not feel a have a good point of reference. Still, I think your best bet is going to be the Forma Adventures in a 49.

BP

Atomic Moto.com
Bend, OR