Go Back   ADVrider > Bikes > Road warriors
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-05-2013, 02:28 PM   #316
NortwestRider
TRIPOD ADVENTURER !!

Oddometer: 3,526
You can thank Suzuki for starting that trend and BMW for making it popular !!.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Facebook..PNW Adventure Riders..Facebook
MY BUILD http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=938440
NortwestRider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 11:31 AM   #317
Bazzaz
Adventurer

Oddometer: 29
Alright, it's been a very busy past couple of weeks, but last Friday we finally wrapped up testing on the NC700X! Still finalizing a few things before bring the kit to market. This bike had some interesting fueling characteristics; in most ranges it ran lean, as expected. But once it got above 80% throttle it starts to absolutely dump fuel into the cylinders. So in the top end I took fuel away to get power, and in the low and mid ranges I added fuel to get power. I know some of you were hoping I'd get 10hp out of this bike, but that would have been an astronomical 25% increase in power, which is almost unheard of for gains from just fuel tuning. However we did get a 4.6% gain in power and 2.3% gain in torque. This is a fairly standard increase. A 600cc sport bike making 100hp stock will get anywhere from 4-5hp from fuel tuning alone. On the dyno graph posted below you'll see two 100% throttle runs (Bazzaz Map vs Stock Map) and two 50% runs. Because the power map I made did add so much fuel to the cruising ranges, about 25%, I made a second map that only has the fuel modification to the top end, where it's taking fuel out of the stock map. This way if you're just cruising on the highway you can still get your standard fuel millage. But seeing how it was running anywhere between 14.5:1 and 15.5:1 I did not attempt to tune it any leaner.

Here's the dyno chart:
Bazzaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 06:28 PM   #318
Bug Dr.
Extroverted Loner

Oddometer: 240
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bazzaz View Post
Alright, it's been a very busy past couple of weeks, but last Friday we finally wrapped up testing on the NC700X! Still finalizing a few things before bring the kit to market. This bike had some interesting fueling characteristics; in most ranges it ran lean, as expected. But once it got above 80% throttle it starts to absolutely dump fuel into the cylinders. So in the top end I took fuel away to get power, and in the low and mid ranges I added fuel to get power. I know some of you were hoping I'd get 10hp out of this bike, but that would have been an astronomical 25% increase in power, which is almost unheard of for gains from just fuel tuning. However we did get a 4.6% gain in power and 2.3% gain in torque. This is a fairly standard increase. A 600cc sport bike making 100hp stock will get anywhere from 4-5hp from fuel tuning alone. On the dyno graph posted below you'll see two 100% throttle runs (Bazzaz Map vs Stock Map) and two 50% runs. Because the power map I made did add so much fuel to the cruising ranges, about 25%, I made a second map that only has the fuel modification to the top end, where it's taking fuel out of the stock map. This way if you're just cruising on the highway you can still get your standard fuel millage. But seeing how it was running anywhere between 14.5:1 and 15.5:1 I did not attempt to tune it any leaner.

Here's the dyno chart:
That's interesting work. I'm not trying to dog what you've done but I do have a question. Does a 4.6% and 2.3% gain in power and torque, respectively, produce a felt increase in performance to the average rider?
Thanks,
Mike
Old 03-08-2013, 07:57 PM   #319
showkey
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,766
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bug Dr. View Post
That's interesting work. I'm not trying to dog what you've done but I do have a question. Does a 4.6% and 2.3% gain in power and torque, respectively, produce a felt increase in performance to the average rider?
Thanks,
Mike
+10 on the above^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^thinking the same thing

Appears..........Not much reward for the risk and cost. Plus those # are with a slip on exhaust which adds more costs.
showkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2013, 06:28 AM   #320
Bugz
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 122
Quote:

Here's the dyno chart:
I don't ride a nc 700 myself.

Out of curiousity; I get that you've added fuel in the lower revs to gain more power there, but apparently the stock map has 'too much' fuel in the upper revs for decent combustion so you actually had to remove fuel?

I assume that has to do with some kind of emmisions, or maybe to make sure the engine wouldn't make more than 47 bhp and still have some revs left.

Since you deleted fuel in the upper rev range to gain power, does the bike actually uses less fuel when going WFO with your map?

I have a CBR250R myself, considering your fuel controller. Could you give a somewhat same kind of explanation of the 250 as you did with the NC 700? I'm interested in a bit more power but not when the fuel consumption lowers.

~bugz
Bugz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2013, 02:05 PM   #321
dduelin
Oh boy that was close

Oddometer: 1,297
Quote:

Here's the dyno chart:
Was this a DCT model or manual transmission?

Dave
dduelin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2013, 02:41 PM   #322
Doctor Zed
Resident

Oddometer: 1,222
I brought my bike home today
I put 1 whole mile on it and installed the Hepco Becker skidplate.

I can't wait for some better weather.
Doctor Zed is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2013, 03:58 PM   #323
oldenuf
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 382
HP/Torque

When I look at the dynamotor charts posted, my interest is in the reading from 5,000 rpm's down. Looking at these values I have to say Honda did a good job with the FI. Like Honda say's it's a "NC", New Concept.

Art
oldenuf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2013, 06:15 PM   #324
Bug Dr.
Extroverted Loner

Oddometer: 240
Dave, I didn't think you could dyno a DCT because the front wheel has to be turning in order to shift. Not sure, but I thought I heard that somewhere.
Mike
Old 03-09-2013, 07:08 PM   #325
brentde3
Should be outside

Oddometer: 535
It's an awful cellphone pic, but at least it shows the sold sign!

I've joined the ranks of NC700x riders. Now, if the snow would just stop long enough to let the salt slide off the roads .

IBA# 49512
brentde3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2013, 04:53 AM   #326
dduelin
Oh boy that was close

Oddometer: 1,297
Quote:
Originally Posted by brentde3 View Post

I've joined the ranks of NC700x riders. Now, if the snow would just stop long enough to let the salt slide off the roads .
Congratulations!

Dave
dduelin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2013, 06:08 AM   #327
wuichet
super geek

Oddometer: 44
Quote:
Originally Posted by brentde3 View Post

Where did you purchase yours? I bought mine at Sport Mann in E.Syracuse... Joe (the owner) was a great guy to work with,and the service department was excellent in installing the accessories & the first service.

Welcome to the rank and file!

-Steve

-Thomas Jefferson
wuichet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2013, 11:07 AM   #328
Doctor Zed
Resident

Oddometer: 1,222
Well it's 40 and raining out, might as well go for a ride.
Holy shit this bike is sweet. I only rode 20 miles but it was great.
I never hit the mythical rev limiter like other people had reported.
Who does 30 MPH in a parking lot anyways
Compared to my DRZ this thing rides like a dream.
And on the way home I stopped at Jimmy Johns for a sub and the gas station for some snacks. The "frunk" held my sub, a bag of chips, beer, and a 2 liter of Pepsi with room to spare.
Doctor Zed is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2013, 01:17 PM   #329
oldenuf
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 382
Panniers

Finally went and ordered Givi panniers, went with the E21's, like the top loading and with the funk and tank bag, did not go for the top case. I don't like weight that far back anyway. the panniers and mounts came to $406.80, delivered. Now ready for summer.

Art
oldenuf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2013, 02:43 PM   #330
rowdymoose
Carpe Diem-seize the carp

Oddometer: 225
Anyone heard of release dates for the 2013 models?

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2