User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-09-2012, 12:58 AM   #1
Dracothius OP
Berserker

Oddometer: 229
Sabertooth Motorcycles

I was curious if anyone had any experience with Sabertooth motorcycles? They produce a slew of different v8 powered motorcycles and trikes. They also produce an 850 parallel twin powered bike/trike/atv(lot of stuff to make). It makes 104 hp at 6000 and 80 ft lbs at 6000. They have an option to get the motor turbocharged. They come with a cvt transmission. It's a very chopper like bike. It also has a hand operated clutch. It gets 46 mpg and weighs 650 dry. You can get an extended warranty for up to 3 years. It has dual disk brakes and huge tires and suspension. The front suspension is inverted and 63 mm. It looks to be a pretty solid bike. I don't know what the price is on one. It could be anywhere from 15-30k. There bottom of the line v8 was in the low 30's last I heard. I know this will be cheaper then that. The company seems nice. SO anyone own or seen one in person? Also, what is a bike with cvt like?
Dracothius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 06:51 AM   #2
Clint Taurus
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 789
I personally don't see the point of a V8 powered motorcycle. I can tell you that a CVT transmission on a motorcycle is basically twist and go. all the "scooters" use a type of CVT . Want to experience CVT go test ride a scooter. the sabertooth may have adapted a turbohydramatic or some other automatic transmission.
Old 12-09-2012, 11:52 AM   #3
Dracothius OP
Berserker

Oddometer: 229
I was more curious if someone had rode their "normal" bike. I wasn't concerned with the v8 bikes.
Dracothius is offline   Reply With Quote