Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-15-2012, 08:19 PM   #31
cjracer
AWD please!!

Oddometer: 3,937
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tee2 View Post
Hi Craig.

I have the new Jessie racks on my 990. I don't have a two in one though. If you can't find one more local I might be able to ride up to you again. It would be two weeks out at best.

If I ever find a job I would be up for a tank for sure.

Todd
Hi Todd,

That sounds great. Weather is getting pretty iffy around here though and we'd need to pull your pipes. I'd figure a full day of bike work and R&D to get this taken care of on your bike.

I'd like to see how many interested Jessie Luggage owners there are before I have you trek up.

Anyone interested, email me. Once I get 6 interested riders, I'll take a look at it. I'll need 10 pre-orders to get this version made.

Main body would be the same for the Tool Boxes or Tanks, so either version works.
cjracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 08:21 PM   #32
cjracer
AWD please!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonoran View Post
Thanks.

I'll call CJ.. want to be sure this tank will work with the Wolfman racks on my 990.
No problem with Wolfman Racks. That's what I have on my AWD 950 ADV.
Old 10-20-2012, 12:31 PM   #33
SCflyer
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,462
Another great option. How much does the tank weigh?

Comparison to the stock exhaust can it replaces?

Thanks
Old 10-20-2012, 12:40 PM   #34
cjracer
AWD please!!

3.15 lbs for a powder coated version.

Lighter for the Bare Alum version.

Not sure off hand what the Stock Silencer was (12-15 lbs with the 2-1 collector?). I'm sure someone can post a weight of that soon.

More pics of Black one here.

cjracer screwed with this post 10-20-2012 at 02:11 PM
Old 10-20-2012, 01:15 PM   #35
SCflyer
Beastly Adventurer

Thanks craig - If I end up with a 990 I'll be giving you a call for general advise and...order.
Old 10-20-2012, 08:24 PM   #36
zorchdog
Adventurer

Oddometer: 41
alum tank and Jesse bags

Hey i have the new rear tank mounted on my 950 with an older set of Jesse bags. Minimal work was needed to make it fit. the mods consisted of making a spacer to shift the tank a little bit and re-bending the support that comes up from the footpeg mounting bracket.

Just piled a little over 13K miles since I mounted the tank and it revolutionized the way I ride. No longer sweating about gas has removed a major riding issue. I ride well into my reserve light and still have another 1.7 gal after that. For those of you who haven't had the chance to find out how far your bike goes after the reserve light comes on I have hit 43,42,51, and 60 miles before having to change over to the reserve tank. Set it up with a valve in the right spot and all you have to do is reach down and turn it on.
zorchdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 11:12 AM   #37
cjracer
AWD please!!

I'm looking into the Jessie option a little more, but looks like several bracket attachment point changes over the years.

Please post up what yours looks like if you are interested.

http://www.pbase.com/bmwgsbill/image/147128062/medium
Old 12-04-2012, 02:56 PM   #38
SCflyer
Beastly Adventurer

Just got my tank today, anodized black. Craig made a change and has small "keepers" made into the tank that the fuel hose goes through so it doesn't sag.

Few questions...

1. What size/length of fuel hose are you folks using to tie into the front tanks?
2. What fitting are you using to tie in?
3. What sealant are you using to seal up the nipple that goes on the "exit" at the front?
4. Can someone clarify what the purple hose in the kit is for? (Put on the cap?)

Again - quality build, light and out of the way but a run-down of extra pieces needed and some how-to of plumbing it into the the system would be nice. I'll do more reviewing of posts and pics but anything to add would be helpful for the 990 newby.

Thanks
Old 12-04-2012, 05:18 PM   #39
Todd34 OP
Toubab

Oddometer: 803
Quote:
Originally Posted by SCflyer View Post
Just got my tank today, anodized black. Craig made a change and has small "keepers" made into the tank that the fuel hose goes through so it doesn't sag.

Few questions...

1. What size/length of fuel hose are you folks using to tie into the front tanks?
2. What fitting are you using to tie in?
3. What sealant are you using to seal up the nipple that goes on the "exit" at the front?
4. Can someone clarify what the purple hose in the kit is for? (Put on the cap?)

Again - quality build, light and out of the way but a run-down of extra pieces needed and some how-to of plumbing it into the the system would be nice. I'll do more reviewing of posts and pics but anything to add would be helpful for the 990 newby.

Thanks
PM sent.
Todd34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 06:19 PM   #40
Tee2
I SAID! Woo Hoo!

Oddometer: 1,185
Quote:
Originally Posted by cjracer View Post
I'm looking into the Jessie option a little more, but looks like several bracket attachment point changes over the years.

Please post up what yours looks like if you are interested.

http://www.pbase.com/bmwgsbill/image/147128062/medium

Do you still need photos of Jessie racks? I can get you some photos if you still need them.

Todd

Tee2 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 03:59 AM   #41
cjracer
AWD please!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tee2 View Post
Do you still need photos of Jessie racks? I can get you some photos if you still need them.

Todd

Yes, please email them to me.

This goes for anyone interested in Jessie option. Email me your pics.

craig at cj designs llc dot com

I need to make sure the front left mounting bracket that bolt to the passenger pegs is the same idea for all years these were made. I have an older set I'm working off of now, but I need to confirm this so I can move forward on the Jessie box design.

Please call me if you can Todd- I'd like to bounce some ideas off you.
Maybe try and get your bike up here.

Thanks

cjracer screwed with this post 12-05-2012 at 04:07 AM
Old 12-05-2012, 09:27 AM   #42
Ladukebob
lost in hood river

Oddometer: 1,508
Quote:
Originally Posted by Todd34 View Post
I finally had a chance to get out and about with CJ's tank. It's good to go. Mine holds 1.8 gallons and I like that it attaches to the old exhaust canister mounts. The only thing I don't like is how the gas sight tube stretches. I cut off about 1/2" this weekend because it stretched and it looks like I need to do it again. I'll probably just plug the holes and be done with it.
When speaking with CJ's buddy Jeff while they were out west in Hood River and the Rally about how he uses the aux.tank I got the impression that he waited until the fuel light came on before he opened the valve on the aux. tank fuel line and drained the fuel into the main tanks. easier to keep track of fuel management. My memory could be bad and maybe I misunderstood him. made sense though. I could see not needing the sight tube at all. Personal preference for sure.

My goal is to convert over to the 2-1 and add this tank. Seeing it in person it looks as if it came from the factory with it. Very clean and sleek. And out of the way Beats carrying my Roto 2 gallon as a top case.
Ladukebob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 10:06 AM   #43
cjracer
AWD please!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ladukebob View Post
When speaking with CJ's buddy Jeff while they were out west in Hood River and the Rally about how he uses the aux.tank I got the impression that he waited until the fuel light came on before he opened the valve on the aux. tank fuel line and drained the fuel into the main tanks. easier to keep track of fuel management. My memory could be bad and maybe I misunderstood him. made sense though. I could see not needing the sight tube at all. Personal preference for sure.

My goal is to convert over to the 2-1 and add this tank. Seeing it in person it looks as if it came from the factory with it. Very clean and sleek. And out of the way Beats carrying my Roto 2 gallon as a top case.
That is how Jeff managed his fuel use and so do we. Having the sight gauge is just a little bit of extra peace of mind knowing what you have left in side. Sloshing it from side to side was not good enough for me. You can even tick the gauge off with a paint marker when you fill it the first time so you know how much you have.

Kind of like this.
Old 12-24-2012, 09:01 PM   #44
SCflyer
Beastly Adventurer

http://bikes.smugmug.com/Motorcycles...5973&k=hm3vzg7

I'm adding some info regarding the Touratech SS rack. It is not a direct fit with the tank. As you can see in the pics, the left side rear brace mount sits higher so the bottom of the tank is blocking it. Rather than trying to return it and the bags and get another type, I'll see if a local shop can reweld the tabs lower as others are. This would allow things to work and still brace it well. The bags do fit though close.

Also, since it's here. I have Craig's rear rack and while it will mount up okay, the TT parts block the holes pre-drilled to mount the rotopax so I'll have to work out some spacers for that. You would also have to use the OEM long bolts from the rack and the long bolts from the TT kit since it has a little bit of a plate on the mounts.

Aggrevating yes, but I'll get if worked out and hopefully saving others some time and money or letting you know in advance what you'll have to do.
Old 12-25-2012, 02:06 PM   #45
gbx2001
Geophiz

Oddometer: 82
CJ's Tank with Gobi Rack??

When I bought my 990 Adv (used) last year, a set of new Gobis and a rack came along with it, but I have only used the top box for my trips.

I have not yet read of anyone installing CJ's new aluminum tank with the HB rack and Gobi bags. Are there any fit issues with the Gobi rack and CJ's tank? Thanks for any feedback.

Merry Christmas.
gbx2001 is offline   Reply With Quote