ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Pacific Northwet - Where it's green. And wet.
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-28-2012, 09:48 PM   #91
K_N_Fodder
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 941
Some of you weasels missed out today, you know who you are

Top of Pine

Butterflies and rainbows.

Little bit of EFR

Braaap all the way home!
K_N_Fodder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 10:05 AM   #92
wachs
just passin' through

Oddometer: 4,768
Nice Pine Mt shots!

Saturday I decided to 'get back on the horse' - 7.5 weeks, leg feels good, ankle is still weak and tender but we promised to take it easy and rolled down towards the Klamath Marsh area. CCCCold out near China Hat but zero dust and it was so good to ride again!

Ride report to follow soon.

http://www.altrider.com/product/cate...rch/hemisphere
wachs is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 12:33 PM   #93
littlebull
tiny mighty mo

Oddometer: 320
Go Dave Go!

Great to see you back on the horse(s), Dave!

Kim
07' F650GS Dakar
littlebull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 08:19 PM   #94
Mr. Fisherman
Ray soon to be AWAY!

Oddometer: 10,555
Quote:
Originally Posted by littlebull View Post

Kim
+1
Mr. Fisherman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 10:55 PM   #95
K_N_Fodder
Studly Adventurer

Excellent, good to hear Dave! 7.5 weeks... wow...
Old 10-30-2012, 09:16 AM   #96
wachs
just passin' through

Quote:
Originally Posted by littlebull View Post

Kim
Thanks Kim!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Fisherman View Post
+1
I owe you a phone call Ray - sorry I forgot about it till just now (must be age!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by K_N_Fodder View Post
Excellent, good to hear Dave! 7.5 weeks... wow...
Yeah, notice I didn't race the 24 hours or anything, just an easy roll on mellow tracks. Still feels weird and don't wanna injure myself again obviously. There's no way I could ski right now either but we booked a trip to Jackson Hole the end of January so I gotta get back in shape!

Old 10-30-2012, 09:29 PM   #97
K_N_Fodder
Studly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by wachs View Post
Thanks Kim!

I owe you a phone call Ray - sorry I forgot about it till just now (must be age!)

Yeah, notice I didn't race the 24 hours or anything, just an easy roll on mellow tracks. Still feels weird and don't wanna injure myself again obviously. There's no way I could ski right now either but we booked a trip to Jackson Hole the end of January so I gotta get back in shape!
Good to have a goal man, although keeping your kid in sight while on the slopes is probably hard enough...
Old 10-30-2012, 10:07 PM   #98
MadChap OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 428
I'm in Palm Springs on some family business. I've got a Goldwing rented for tomorrow. Should be fun. I've spent the last few hours researching routes. Heading for the Palomar hillclimb, and Palms to Pines. I'll try to stop long enough to get some pics.
MadChap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 11:21 PM   #99
K_N_Fodder
Studly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadChap View Post
I'm in Palm Springs on some family business. I've got a Goldwing rented for tomorrow. Should be fun. I've spent the last few hours researching routes. Heading for the Palomar hillclimb, and Palms to Pines. I'll try to stop long enough to get some pics.
Old 10-31-2012, 10:14 AM   #100
OR400
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 128
Quote:
Take the Palms to Pines all the way up to Idyllwild and down the other side. I used to live up there. Very cool little town. Careful of the curves. We used to lose big cruisers all the time up there.
Sprague
OR400 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 12:58 PM   #101
wachs
just passin' through

Quote:
Good to have a goal man, although keeping your kid in sight while on the slopes is probably hard enough...

He moved to Utah for the start of the season! Weird not having him around but our grocery bill has literally been halved.

Neff's Ranch RR: http://advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=837845

Old 11-01-2012, 02:17 PM   #102
ydosque
Adventurer

Oddometer: 58
Looking for Central Or. Ride Ideas -

I'm a fairly recent transplant to PDX, moving up from Oakland last year to avoid lead poisoning -

One of my riding buddies lives in Klamath Falls - we both have XR650Ls. we've been trying to meet up all summer for a ride, but shit has gotten in a way. Until now! we are meeting up next weekend - 11/8-12, somewhere between PDX and KFalls -

That is where you nice folks come in! - I've been to Bend 1/2 a dozen times for softball tournaments - but have not had the chance to do any riding in this part of the state - I've been scouring the ride reports trying to find a good spot for us to ride/camp/drink, etc... but now that we are into November, I am unsure of where and how high we will want to go... Looks like some great riding in the Ochocos; Alvord Desert looks promising. It looks as though there are hundreds of places to camp and ride between Madras, Prineville, Bend, etc... (depending on weather forecast, we plan to camp, but if it's lookin real wet or snowy, i am not above doing day trips out of a hotel room somewhere...

So, throw out a few of your favorite spots, trail/ Forest road loops, etc - winner will get your choice of top shelf scotch, bourbon or tequila - which we will have in tow!

Work is the curse of the drinking class - Oscar Wilde
ydosque is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 09:12 PM   #103
K_N_Fodder
Studly Adventurer

ydosque -

We had some snow early but it's pulled pretty much back. Forecast looks pretty darned good over the next week or so but that can change - roll of the dice this time of year. I know a fair bit of the fun stuff around Bend but I'm not much help on actually putting down dirt miles between PDX and K-Falls. Definitely plenty of guys on here who could answer that though... Wachs, Greg Munn, Mr. Dualsport, etc. Alvord is probably a must-see if you're heading through that area, and I know the Bend crew does pretty regular dirt rides from Bend to Summer Lake so it's out there. If you guys end up basing out of Bend give me a yell.

J
Old 11-02-2012, 07:53 AM   #104
littlebull
tiny mighty mo

Oddometer: 320
Quote:
Hmmm..."Goldwing" and "hillclimb" in the same post. If only it was a REAL hillclimb. That would be worth watching!
07' F650GS Dakar
littlebull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 08:00 AM   #105
Mr Dual Sport
Roamer

Oddometer: 1,282
Quote:
ydosque -

We had some snow early but it's pulled pretty much back. Forecast looks pretty darned good over the next week or so but that can change - roll of the dice this time of year. I know a fair bit of the fun stuff around Bend but I'm not much help on actually putting down dirt miles between PDX and K-Falls. Definitely plenty of guys on here who could answer that though... Wachs, Greg Munn, Mr. Dualsport, etc. Alvord is probably a must-see if you're heading through that area, and I know the Bend crew does pretty regular dirt rides from Bend to Summer Lake so it's out there. If you guys end up basing out of Bend give me a yell.

J
It is definitely a roll of the dice, but that's what makes it fun! http://advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=838160