Glad your home safe & sound.

cheers.

Dave
mint julep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2012, 11:42 PM   #152
jimbowie
Adventurer

Oddometer: 99
Great RR. My wife and I enjoyed every bit of it. We travel light and stay in hotels as well. We took a 2700 mile trip last May traveling from Texas to Utah and back. We, like you, just packed enough clothes for 3 days and washed them at the hotels. What a fun way to travel. Ride safe and let's here another tale soon.
jimbowie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2012, 04:36 AM   #153
MRS-GP1152
n00b

Oddometer: 1
Well better late then never huh? So, in case it isn't obvious I am gp-1152's (Gus's) riding partner and significant other, Stephanie. I was dubbed the title Mrs-gp1152, sort of eliminates some confusion I guess.

Gus kept me Informed about our RR and read me some of it along the way, but tonight at work (and on break)I actually got a chance to sit down and read it. Well written dear ;) . Thank you to everyone who is following this RR and to those who posted comments, thank you for your kind words, wishes, and for making me literally lol. The trip we took was absolutely amazing....by far my favorite to date. Which means the next will have to be even better (so you might want to start planning now sweetheart!!!!)

I truly hope all of you can get the opportunity to take such an amazing trip, especially with someone special. I feel so lucky to have Gus to share it with. I can't imagine riding with anyone else....ever! I am the luckiest girl alive. Kisses for Gus *no blushing sweetheart*

Hopefully sooner than later we'll be back with another RR. That will make us all smile....especially me!

Woe there is my timer! Back to work for now!

MRS-GP1152 screwed with this post 09-16-2012 at 02:29 PM
MRS-GP1152 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2012, 07:36 AM   #154
r3mac
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 282
I've really enjoyed the 2 ride reports - yours and anti-hero's (both on Duc's!!) that subscribe to a minimalist attitude.

A great vacation that can be had with almost no gear is the absolutely best way to travel.

Looking forward to future reports.
r3mac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2012, 09:14 AM   #155
Saeed
Life-long learner

Oddometer: 284
Great report and pics

2006 Honda CRF 250X " Sold "
2007 Sportster 883 " sold"
2008 yamaha FZ6
Saeed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2012, 10:19 AM   #156
Ninjaalentejano
Adventurer

Oddometer: 28
Great report, loved it!!

And thanks for the ideia of taking the bikes on a trailer to the starting point and the go from there, how have I never thought of it??!!

And if you donīt mind a more personal question, that garage is "just" your home garage or is it a business of some sort? It just looks awesome.
Ninjaalentejano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2012, 10:25 AM   #157
s1000rr
Adventurer

Oddometer: 18
Thanks for the great rr I think that I may have enjoyed it as much as you did. Crater lake looks just incredible i will have to put that on my list of places to go. I will have to see if i can use your hotel upgrade line the next time im out and about.
s1000rr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2012, 12:03 PM   #158
Mo-Tarded
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 173
Quote:
Originally Posted by MRS-GP1152 View Post
Well better late then never huh?
Here's the person who deserves some of the credit ! ....and great eating report ! LOL

You've inspired my girl. I think she is out trying to outfit her SVS as I type. Thank-you !
"Our lives can be spent carrying out actions that we hope will lead us to a greater sense of purpose, accomplishment and meaning, but all these are secondary to the need to feel alive." - AntiHero ADV Rider
Mo-Tarded is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2012, 03:33 PM   #159
flyingz06
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 296
Chevy avalanche + discount aluminum ramps= me

I prefer the air conditioned seats and xm to get there if it's a lot of highway time.
2008 Yamaha WR250
flyingz06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2012, 03:57 PM   #160
GP1152 OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 448
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninjaalentejano View Post

And thanks for the ideia of taking the bikes on a trailer to the starting point and the go from there, how have I never thought of it??!!

And if you donīt mind a more personal question, that garage is "just" your home garage or is it a business of some sort? It just looks awesome.
Yeah I think trailering out is the only way we'll be able to spend any substantial time in the more out of the way places we want to go see (CO, WY, S & N Dakota, Montana, etc.). For example, if we did want to go somewhere even as far as north Dakota, we could go 1,000 miles (in a day if we wanted to) from here to Grand Junction, CO and start a loop from there. It's about 900 miles to North Dakota from there. So a two week trip around those parts would be entirely possible that way. There's no way we could ride the bikes out there in that amount of time and enjoy it. I'd love to find a lakeside cabin somewhere out there and spend a few days there :)

And yes that's our personal garage. It was something I always wanted and I now have a history (among family and friends) of redoing the garage in the different homes we've had. And I'll say this first: yeah, yeah, yeah....I know it's too clean and too this and too that, but to me it's another room in the house, my man-cave if you will, not just a garage. ;)

Previous garages:

RIDE REPORT: Me, a blonde, 2 Ducati's.....3,000 miles
CURRENT RIDE REPORT: Part 2: Me, a blonde, 2 Ducati's.....4,000 miles
GP1152 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2012, 04:05 PM   #161
GP1152 OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by s1000rr View Post
Thanks for the great rr I think that I may have enjoyed it as much as you did. Crater lake looks just incredible i will have to put that on my list of places to go. I will have to see if i can use your hotel upgrade line the next time im out and about.
Crater lake really was nice. There's The lodge there and we also saw some cabins when we left, not too far from the park entrance. Can't remember the name, buy I'll try and find it on google-maps and post it here.

Upgrade: never hurts to try ;)

Old 09-16-2012, 04:08 PM   #162
GP1152 OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyingz06 View Post
Chevy avalanche + discount aluminum ramps= me

I prefer the air conditioned seats and xm to get there if it's a lot of highway time.
I hear 'ya. At a minimum we'll get one of those (Kendon) stand up trailers and pull it with our FJ.

Old 09-16-2012, 07:41 PM   #163
cdndog
Adventurer

Oddometer: 86

Previous garages:

[/QUOTE]

You know there's a thread down in the Garage just for man caves right? If you were to post some of these pics there, you would be welcomed , and quite possibly revered as some sort of Demi DOG. Or at the very least, a clean freak.
I too, really enjoyed the RR, glad you both made it home safe and sound. I like seeing the different takes on travel and certainly the choices of rides.
cdndog is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 04:45 AM   #164
Ninjaalentejano
Adventurer

Oddometer: 28
You Sir, are a man of good taste!!

Thanks for the pictures. Many dealerships should look at those to see what a proper garage is.
Ninjaalentejano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 10:50 AM   #165
jrsndman
Adventurer

Oddometer: 72
Quote:
Originally Posted by GP1152 View Post
Yeah I think trailering out is the only way we'll be able to spend any substantial time in the more out of the way places we want to go see (CO, WY, S & N Dakota, Montana, etc.). For example, if we did want to go somewhere even as far as north Dakota, we could go 1,000 miles (in a day if we wanted to) from here to Grand Junction, CO and start a loop from there. It's about 900 miles to North Dakota from there. So a two week trip around those parts would be entirely possible that way. There's no way we could ride the bikes out there in that amount of time and enjoy it. I'd love to find a lakeside cabin somewhere out there and spend a few days there :)

And yes that's our personal garage. It was something I always wanted and I now have a history (among family and friends) of redoing the garage in the different homes we've had. And I'll say this first: yeah, yeah, yeah....I know it's too clean and too this and too that, but to me it's another room in the house, my man-cave if you will, not just a garage. ;)
Given the look of your garages, you must spend time at The Garage Journal Forum.
jrsndman is offline   Reply With Quote