Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 08-22-2012, 08:07 AM   #1
wbbnm OP
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,800
BaseCamp Track Editing problem

I do a lot of cut and paste track editing in Mapsource, i.e, I will locate a section of a track I want, copy it to the clipboard and then insert it into another track using Paste.

I just tried to do this for the first time in BaseCamp and ran into a couple of problems. I wanted to append a segment of one track to the end of another one.

But the BC track point listing does not have and "end" line like Mapsource. Thus you can only append the segment before the last existing point. Of course when I did this, it drew a line from the end of the new segment back to the end of the original track.

I thought I would just delete this point. But after several tries I couldn't get it to look right. Plus every time I deleted a point the display jumped up to the first point. I quickly lost patience and went to Mapsource to do the editing I wanted. I assume that if I had kept at it I could have figured out how to delete the correct point.

I think Mapsource has a track join tool, but I have never used it. I don't see a track join tool in BC.
wbbnm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2012, 08:43 AM   #2
dlh62c
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,603
Quote:
Originally Posted by wbbnm View Post
I don't see a track join tool in BC.
In Basecamp select the tracks you wish to join in the window displaying the track names. Then right click on your mouse and a menu will pop up. Select 'Advanced', then select 'Join The Selected Tracks'. Make sure the tracks are headed in the same direction. The order in which you select them is important as well. Select them in order, in the direction, in which you wish to travel. If using different track colors, the resulting track will take the color of the first track selected.

Hope that helps!

daryl

dlh62c screwed with this post 08-22-2012 at 11:22 AM
dlh62c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2012, 11:14 AM   #3
wbbnm OP
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,800
Daryl,

Thanks. That seems to work well. It would have taken me a long to find that tool.
wbbnm is offline   Reply With Quote