Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 08-23-2012, 04:33 AM   #1
RoundOz OP
Plenty of seasoning

Oddometer: 926
Zumo 550 uploading, organizing music files

After trying to add music to my existing library on my card, I have ended up with 2 copies of everything in some albums. It seems the first ones weren't really deleted from the card. Can anyone enlighten me on the correct steps if I just want to broaden my music selection, so that when I play an album I don't have to keep skipping over songs I have just heard.
Old 08-23-2012, 04:44 AM   #2
RoundOz OP
Plenty of seasoning

Also, is it possible to change to a bigger SD card and not lose the map files? I need to do a map update sometime soon...this would be a good time for it.
Old 09-10-2012, 09:09 PM   #3
RoundOz OP
Plenty of seasoning

Bump for this thread

Still looking for suggestions
Old 09-18-2012, 12:13 PM   #4
Ricorider
Adventurer

Oddometer: 58
Zumo 550 msic uploading

I need the same info.

Bump for a good thread!
Ricorider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 03:55 PM   #5
Twohondas
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,159
Zumo or SD can handle about 1,000 songs. Maybe the duplicates are on the unit and the SD Card?????????

I copy the MP3 files to just the SD by using album directories. I would delete all your SD & Unit MP3s and copy new MP3s to your SD.

Currently, I use an 8 gig card on my 550. This stores all my North America CN maps plus the 1000 MP3s. I do not store any MP3s on the Zumo itself. I use left over memory on the Zumo itself for Topo maps.
Twohondas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 05:33 AM   #6
RoundOz OP
Plenty of seasoning

So is it possible to change the 2G card for a larger one without losing map info. It has been over 18 months ago so I am a bit hazy but it seems I needed to use part of the card to store all of the map data...there wasn't room on the unit alone.
Old 09-19-2012, 10:15 AM   #7
Twohondas
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,159
Not sure how old your maps are? Up until last year or so the entire CN maps would fit on the unit itself.....and even with the bigger mapsets now you can still put a portion of the map on the unit and the remainder on the SD Card. One can also put the entire mapset on the SD Card.

Sounds like if your mapset is on the SD Card you could easily transfer the file to a new larger SD Card. Of course you could use Mapsource to send a new mapset to the new card.

Regarding your duplicates again ...it sounds like you have MP3 on the unit itself and the SD Card or you have put duplicate MP3s in different directories on the unit or card.
Twohondas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2012, 09:12 AM   #8
RoundOz OP
Plenty of seasoning

I guess the test would be to pull the card and see what remains and whether the maps still work?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twohondas View Post
Not sure how old your maps are? Up until last year or so the entire CN maps would fit on the unit itself.....and even with the bigger mapsets now you can still put a portion of the map on the unit and the remainder on the SD Card. One can also put the entire mapset on the SD Card.

Sounds like if your mapset is on the SD Card you could easily transfer the file to a new larger SD Card. Of course you could use Mapsource to send a new mapset to the new card.

Regarding your duplicates again ...it sounds like you have MP3 on the unit itself and the SD Card or you have put duplicate MP3s in different directories on the unit or card.