User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 08-26-2012, 07:16 AM   #16
3Putt
Is that a gimmie?

Oddometer: 593
Yes, return the plug the dealer sold you. There's a good chance the plug on the bike will be hard to get to, if you can find it.

I'd just take the mount, as is, and wire it directly to the battery. You can snake the power cable to the battery without removing any tupperware, it wouldn't take long. If you absolutely had to you could run the wire on top of the tank down to the battery, it's right there under the seat. I've done it that way a couple of times doing a fly & buy.

2014 Super Tenere
3Putt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2012, 04:48 PM   #17
dreemrider OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 168
hookup problem solved...now instructions

Okay guys, so now I think I have the method for hooking up the Zumo to the GSA. Now my question is how do I work with this device with the European maps loaded? I had a Zumo 550 for several years so am familiar with the operation of a GPS, and now I have the US maps and the Europe (Alps and DACH) loaded on my Zumo 350, but is there a way to program a trip into the device and save it while here in the US? Here's what I mean: With my loaded maps (US and Alps), if I tell it my destination is Kempten, Germany it just sits and grinds. I assume that is because it does not know how to drive across the Atlantic Ocean! So how do I sit here in the comfort of my living room in Iowa and program a trip from Kempten to Innsbruck, for example? All help is appreciated and thanks for all the input up to this point!!
dreemrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2012, 06:15 PM   #18
DRTBYK
Long Haul Adventurer

Oddometer: 5,066
Quote:
Originally Posted by dreemrider View Post
Okay guys, so now I think I have the method for hooking up the Zumo to the GSA. Now my question is how do I work with this device with the European maps loaded? I had a Zumo 550 for several years so am familiar with the operation of a GPS, and now I have the US maps and the Europe (Alps and DACH) loaded on my Zumo 350, but is there a way to program a trip into the device and save it while here in the US? Here's what I mean: With my loaded maps (US and Alps), if I tell it my destination is Kempten, Germany it just sits and grinds. I assume that is because it does not know how to drive across the Atlantic Ocean! So how do I sit here in the comfort of my living room in Iowa and program a trip from Kempten to Innsbruck, for example? All help is appreciated and thanks for all the input up to this point!!
As you noted, you can't create a route on the unit that would cross the ocean. You say you had a zumo 550 yet you make it sound like you never created a route outside of the unit. So, You have a number of ways to create your route. It really depends upon your trip planning application skill level (which doesn't appear to be broad - no disrespect).

I would suggest you install Garmin BaseCamp on your computer. You can then attach your zumo350 via USB and BaseCamp will use the maps on it. Then you can create your Routes and save them on the zumo350 or on your installed µSD Card (if you have one).

Cheers,

Dan
All Things GPS
Reviews at www.GlobeRiders.com
DRTBYK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2012, 08:32 PM   #19
dreemrider OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 168
Thanks Dan

I will send you a pm
dreemrider is offline   Reply With Quote