Go Back   ADVrider > Gear > Vendors
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-22-2014, 02:08 PM   #1
JNS-WRX OP
Adventurer

Oddometer: 27
Scaggs Moto Designs - DRZ 400 Billet Givi & Rotopax Rack!

Hey Guys, I've been working on making a nice Billet rack for the DRZ's that doesn't use Tubing, or any brackets going to the seat mounts. This is what I've come up with!

I made a super sturdy bracket that bolts to the subframe, using the two tapped holes also used for mounting the OEM taillight, Mud flap. This bracket will work with or without that OEM tail piece. This bike has the Edge kit, and I think that is the way to go, but if you like the big mud flap, you would be able to still use it.

I have basically just taken the bolt pattern used securing the tool bag, drilled those holes open to 1/2". I bolt the bracket on the frame from underneath and run a 1/4" drill up through it and through the fender. Then from the top re drill those holes with a 1/2" bit.

Voila! now there are 4 solid mounting points for a rack!

I have yet to get any anodized and as soon as I have more parts ready, I'll get that done.

I don't have any for sale yet, possibly in 3 weeks or so, I should.
They will be available on my website as soon as they're done.
www.scaggsmotodesigns.com

Here's a couple more preliminary not yet anodized Pictures.

It passed the smoke test with my 46L Givi Trekker case full of crap bouncing across town, and a couple 50mph speed bumps! I don't anticipate any problems, this thing is solid!

'

Thanks for looking guys! I am considering doing a heavily discounted group buy for the first 10 Takers. leave a message on the thread if you're interested!
JNS-WRX is offline   Reply With Quote