ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Gear > Vendors
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 02-19-2013, 04:29 PM   #181
PowerCell OP
Manufacture
 
PowerCell's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2005
Location: Southern Kalifornia
Oddometer: 2,244
Quote:
Originally Posted by wiseblood View Post
Hi Yardstick --

Can you clarify the above for me? Are you saying the PC tank won't fit the SMR at all? Or, are you saying it won't fit with the Corbin seat?

The tank will fit your bike, but you'll need an SM950 seat to go with it...


.
__________________
~ Ken


www.powercellperformance.com
PowerCell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 04:43 PM   #182
wiseblood
Hall Monitor
 
wiseblood's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2008
Location: New York City
Oddometer: 12,248
Quote:
Originally Posted by PowerCell View Post
The tank will fit your bike, but you'll need an SM950 seat to go with it...

Stock SM950 seat? Would that Seatconcept custom seat work as well?

Pity to lose the Corbin. I was just getting used to that!
__________________
"Hard Work Often Pays Off After Time, but Laziness Always Pays Off Now."

Big Apple Tag-o-Rama Maps: Click Here!
wiseblood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 04:44 PM   #183
PowerCell OP
Manufacture
 
PowerCell's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2005
Location: Southern Kalifornia
Oddometer: 2,244
Quote:
Originally Posted by wiseblood View Post
Stock SM950 seat? Would that Seatconcept custom seat work as well?
Yes it will... the Seat Concepts seat is based on the stock SM950 seat pan.


.
__________________
~ Ken


www.powercellperformance.com
PowerCell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 04:52 PM   #184
wiseblood
Hall Monitor
 
wiseblood's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2008
Location: New York City
Oddometer: 12,248
Quote:
Originally Posted by PowerCell View Post
Yes it will... the Seat Concepts seat is based on the stock SM950 seat pan.


.


Got it. Sounds like I need to get a stock 950SM seat, first. Off to the Interwebz!
__________________
"Hard Work Often Pays Off After Time, but Laziness Always Pays Off Now."

Big Apple Tag-o-Rama Maps: Click Here!
wiseblood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 07:19 PM   #185
wiseblood
Hall Monitor
 
wiseblood's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2008
Location: New York City
Oddometer: 12,248
Powercell, SMR & seats

Thanks to all for the clarifications!

Summed up, IF you get this particular tank, you will have to switch to the "SM" (sans "R") seat.

It's easy to see the difference if you compare the shape of the Corbin seat for the SMR to the same for the SM:

SMR --




SM --

__________________
"Hard Work Often Pays Off After Time, but Laziness Always Pays Off Now."

Big Apple Tag-o-Rama Maps: Click Here!
wiseblood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 07:56 PM   #186
WallyWhirled
Studly Adventurer
 
WallyWhirled's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2008
Location: United States
Oddometer: 800
Quote:
Originally Posted by PowerCell View Post
Yes it will... the Seat Concepts seat is based on the stock SM950 seat pan.
I guess I'm lucky because I already have a 950 SM with an extra gel seat.

I'm pretty sure that I have a Seat Concepts 950 SM seat too since my regular SM seat was used to develop it but I have yet to pick it up...

To help others out who are not as fortunate, can you clarify if Seat Concepts will have available Both their seat kit, which requires re-use of the seat pan, AND a complete seat including seat pan?

Thanks.
__________________
KTM 950 Super Enduro, KTM 950 Adventure, KTM 950 Supermoto
Beta 520 RS, BMW R1200 GSA, Rickman Cafe Racer
WallyWhirled is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 10:00 PM   #187
mxbundy
Studly Adventurer
 
mxbundy's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2009
Location: Hemet Ca.
Oddometer: 889
Quote:
Originally Posted by WallyWhirled View Post
I guess I'm lucky because I already have a 950 SM with an extra gel seat.

I'm pretty sure that I have a Seat Concepts 950 SM seat too since my regular SM seat was used to develop it but I have yet to pick it up...

To help others out who are not as fortunate, can you clarify if Seat Concepts will have available Both their seat kit, which requires re-use of the seat pan, AND a complete seat including seat pan?

Thanks.

Wally, yes I have your seat at the shop, already modded and ready to go!

To clarify, we ONLY have KITS for this model, so you will need a serviceable pan to install the kit onto!

Bundy
__________________
The 80`s..........ah yes...back in the days when men looked like women, women dressed like whores and the music F@#KING ROCKED!

Check out http://seatconcepts.com/ , your ass will appreciate it!
http://advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=621311
mxbundy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 12:24 PM   #188
PowerCell OP
Manufacture
 
PowerCell's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2005
Location: Southern Kalifornia
Oddometer: 2,244
Also, anybody looking for QD fuel taps, please send me a PM so I can get these invoiced. If you've ordered a PowerCell tank I will ship them for free along with your tank when it goes out. If you're just ordering them for your current setup, I have them in stock and they will ship same day as paid for...



__________________
~ Ken


www.powercellperformance.com
PowerCell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 01:30 PM   #189
traveltoad
Aaron S
 
traveltoad's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2002
Location: San Fernando Valley
Oddometer: 6,592
Quote:
Originally Posted by PowerCell View Post
Also, anybody looking for QD fuel taps, please send me a PM so I can get these invoiced. If you've ordered a PowerCell tank I will ship them for free along with your tank when it goes out. If you're just ordering them for your current setup, I have them in stock and they will ship same day as paid for...



I want a set... but can't order until next week. (If they are all gone I will understand)
traveltoad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 01:37 PM   #190
PowerCell OP
Manufacture
 
PowerCell's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2005
Location: Southern Kalifornia
Oddometer: 2,244
Quote:
Originally Posted by traveltoad View Post
I want a set... but can't order until next week. (If they are all gone I will understand)

Get your order in now, pay when you're ready...



.
__________________
~ Ken


www.powercellperformance.com
PowerCell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 06:13 AM   #191
dzrtracin
ride'n 2 live
 
dzrtracin's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2004
Location: the garage
Oddometer: 2,689
Quote:
Originally Posted by dzrtracin View Post
Step 2 taken care of


RIDE ON!
Ok Bundy, had this sitting around for awhile now, just need your Lazy boy kit now

RIDE ON!
__________________
Content, NEVER!
dzrtracin is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 08:08 PM   #192
dzrtracin
ride'n 2 live
 
dzrtracin's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2004
Location: the garage
Oddometer: 2,689
Tracking

GOOD news, received my UPS tracking number today Thanks Ken

RIDE ON!
__________________
Content, NEVER!
dzrtracin is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 09:37 PM   #193
Yardstick
Hydrophobic
 
Yardstick's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2007
Location: Chandler, Arizona
Oddometer: 2,947
Quote:
Originally Posted by dzrtracin View Post
GOOD news, received my UPS tracking number today Thanks Ken

RIDE ON!
Got one here, too! I'm excited!
Yardstick is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 06:29 AM   #194
traveltoad
Aaron S
 
traveltoad's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2002
Location: San Fernando Valley
Oddometer: 6,592
Quote:
Originally Posted by PowerCell View Post
Get your order in now, pay when you're ready...



.
Do you still have any of these Ken? I never did put an order in (I know, I'm a slacker).
traveltoad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 06:32 AM   #195
PowerCell OP
Manufacture
 
PowerCell's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2005
Location: Southern Kalifornia
Oddometer: 2,244
Quote:
Originally Posted by traveltoad View Post
Do you still have any of these Ken? I never did put an order in (I know, I'm a slacker).

I built a hundred sets, so we have plenty of inventory.


.
__________________
~ Ken


www.powercellperformance.com
PowerCell is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

.
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Times are GMT -7.   It's 08:54 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2014