Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-06-2013, 06:45 AM   #211
Big_John OP
Colorado Rider

Oddometer: 2,932
Quote:
Originally Posted by MeterPig View Post
I am happy to send a check if need be.

Thankfully, we will have plenty of room for everyone and we won't have to turn anyone away. So no rush in paying, although I truly understand the excitement.

I would like to be tractor'ing up Cinnamon Pass this morning.....smelling the 12k air and viewing the sights for 100 miles. It is always amazing to me how attaining those heights on two wheels is how we start...... It starts, all about the ride on our motorcycles. For me it culminates, in a ruptured, spiritual experience......completely in awe of our planet.

Adventure, for me, is actually more about my experiences. I feel blessed that two wheels can take me there......

Big_John is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 06:56 AM   #212
Big_John OP
Colorado Rider

Hey everyone, I will be meeting with the City of Silverton and the County and the Chamber of Commerce this coming week. Does anyone have any suggestions how the locals could make the Rendezvous a better event?

Reply in this thread, rather than PM, so that everyone can view the recommendations.

Remember that we are wanting to turn the Rendezvous more and more into a family type of event, so what would be important for your better halves and kiddos......while we are out touring the mountains?

What would you like to see in the evenings? (For instance, I have wondered if a live local band would be fun on one of the evenings.)

Give me youR thoughts and opinions.

Old 01-06-2013, 08:28 AM   #213
MeterPig
Meh

Oddometer: 17,089
John, vendor stuff would be cool although I know it's a long way out there.

Just the fact that the town is willing to meet with you goes a long way when I pull up all smelly at the local coffee shop on my dirty bike. :)
Old 01-06-2013, 04:29 PM   #214
CaptRick
On dry land 4 now.....

Oddometer: 4,502
Room reservations made! Same room as last year! I will be there Wed afternoon.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Growing older every day but never growing up.
CaptRick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 04:37 PM   #215
modette
RMAR

Oddometer: 4,079
Okay official now Cabin 2.
July 24th to 28th
I plan to leave early as possible on the 24th from home I plan to be there around noon time, maybe go for a ride. I'll have the XR650R and the Gas Gas, and probably the bro's XR650R.

Rick - When you getting there? Down for getting in trouble in town that night?
modette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 04:39 PM   #216
modette
RMAR

Oddometer: 4,079
Big_John

Live music be nice one night...I know we are pressed for space...maybe one of the bar/restaurants would like to plan having a band or two during the time we are there. Just an idea...I know Rick was fond of the one straight north of Cabin 2/3 up that street.
modette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 04:41 PM   #217
CaptRick
On dry land 4 now.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by modette View Post
July 24th to 28th
I plan to leave early as possible on the 24th from home I plan to be there around noon time, maybe go for a ride. I'll have the XR650R and the Gas Gas, and probably the bro's XR650R.

Trouble? Me? Hell yes! I figure around 2 pm pull in.

Old 01-06-2013, 05:13 PM   #218
zgfiredude
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 773
John,

I think live music would be awesome one night. As a positive gesture to the business community, if it were at
a bar or restaurant where we could spend the evening "stimulating the local economy" that might be cool.

Another thought, while the "steak night" is awesome, I know it is a tremendous amount of work. What if another local
restaurant catered one of the dinners old west bar b q style? Another way to get some of our funds into the local economy and less work for you guys to haul and organize and prepare.

And last thought, maybe we could create some sort of benefit/charity event for a local beneficiary. For example, the Silverton Fire Department. They are all volunteer, and do great work on very limited funding. Or local Search and Rescue if they are a different organization....

I'm trying to "spread the wealth" so to speak on the local economy benefiting from our being there.
Old 01-06-2013, 06:09 PM   #219
scruffy
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 222
Hey Rick,

Ribs? YUMMMMM

Maybe some reggae downtown again! Let's get that reggae band back

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptRick View Post
Trouble? Me? Hell yes! I figure around 2 pm pull in.

scruffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 06:17 PM   #220
CaptRick
On dry land 4 now.....

That was a GREAT band or the Tequilla was really good or both!
Ribs you say, I'm sure I can smoke a few racks before RMAR....

Old 01-07-2013, 06:23 AM   #221
Big_John OP
Colorado Rider

Thanks for the ideas and feedback.

There are some small changes for 2013. We are going to scale back meals.... No breakfasts, but two dinners:: Friday and Saturday evening. One tradition we will always keep is the Saturday evening, Ribeye Steak Dinner. The Friday night meal will be burgers or maybe pulled pork BBQ sandwiches. Actually the dinners aren't too tough in regard to work load.....it was the breakfasts that broke our back.

We are also including a TShirt in the registration prices this year, but keeping the registration price about the same as 2012. More value.

YES, we want to support the local community. So like the rest of you, I will walk into town for hot cakes and eggs each morning. I also like the idea of motivating a bar or two to book bands where some of you can enjoy the tunes and a cold one.

We are working hard to have vendors join us again in '13. You should expect the likes of Klim, Wolfman, Woody, etc.

As you all know, the Rendezvous primarily raises funds for COHVCO, but this year we also want to contribute to the County for trail work and S&R.

It is going to be such an awesome event this year......especially combining it with the SJ500 ride at the front end of the week.

Old 01-07-2013, 08:22 AM   #222
OldtimerTC
XR650L

Oddometer: 885
Quote:
July 24th to 28th

Im confirmed for Cabin 4 . See ya all on Wednesday the 24th.

In the meanitme, if any of you want to get out of the Snow for some sweet AZ riding, come on down anytime.
Member COHVO
OldtimerTC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 10:27 PM   #223
Jailor8
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,985
Quote:
July 24th to 28th

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldtimerTC View Post
Im confirmed for Cabin 4 . See ya all on Wednesday the 24th.

In the meanitme, if any of you want to get out of the Snow for some sweet AZ riding, come on down anytime.

Well I just met the neighbors!! I'll be in Cabin 3 from Tuesday nite on..

Woot!!! Cant wait!!!

Jailor8
KTM950A, KLR685, KLR650, KLR250, KLX250, Honda Rebel, Foretrax Foreman 4x4
Jailor8 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 10:35 PM   #224
MountainsandRivers
loves dirty things!

Oddometer: 2,231
Thoughts on a band-I will hit up another inmate i know and see how it would work. He plays bass in two of the best bands in Telluride, sort of a reggae funk style, sometimes with a horn section. If there is a bar big enough to hold them and clear a decent cover, maybe with RMAR discount for door and drinks, to help pack the place, it could be a mutually beneficial situation for all.
I am also curious about the kid aspect. Considering having my boys out for some of this. They would be on quads and i would need to see what the actual rules are for the trails. They are 5 and 8 and do ride on their own, usually at Peach Valley, but my oldest did ride all of Last Dollar Rd when he was 5 on a crf50. If there was a fun, easy trail ride that would be legal for them to do, they would be all for it!
Good call on the food, eliminating breakfast helps get local businesses supported, and also might help some rides get out earlier. Would a morning coffee station be a possibility still?
Looking forward to this again and still working on plans for a one day epic singletrack day. With our current lack of snow, scouting early to see if it is feasible shouldn't be a problem!
Old 01-08-2013, 05:29 AM   #225
enduro-ince
dirtslave

Oddometer: 4,961
Quote:
Originally Posted by MountainsandRivers View Post
Thoughts on a band-I will hit up another inmate i know and see how it would work. He plays bass in two of the best bands in Telluride, sort of a reggae funk style, sometimes with a horn section. If there is a bar big enough to hold them and clear a decent cover, maybe with RMAR discount for door and drinks, to help pack the place, it could be a mutually beneficial situation for all.
I am also curious about the kid aspect. Considering having my boys out for some of this. They would be on quads and i would need to see what the actual rules are for the trails. They are 5 and 8 and do ride on their own, usually at Peach Valley, but my oldest did ride all of Last Dollar Rd when he was 5 on a crf50. If there was a fun, easy trail ride that would be legal for them to do, they would be all for it!
Good call on the food, eliminating breakfast helps get local businesses supported, and also might help some rides get out earlier. Would a morning coffee station be a possibility still?
Looking forward to this again and still working on plans for a one day epic singletrack day. With our current lack of snow, scouting early to see if it is feasible shouldn't be a problem!
I'm sure my band would be into this. Let me get with my associate in Silverton and see what venue would best host this kind of thing. I'll be in touch!

I've contacted the Grand Emperial, which we have played before and seems to have the room. This kind of thing should work with RMAR only having to pay roughly half of the bands fee. The rest should be paid by the drink slinging venue, Something tells me they will probably do pretty well at the bar with this crowd hanging out.

enduro-ince screwed with this post 01-08-2013 at 05:49 AM
enduro-ince is online now   Reply With Quote