Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Upcoming
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-24-2013, 08:05 AM   #1006
Big_John OP
Colorado Rider

Oddometer: 2,863
I wondered about the weather this morning......we have heavy fog in Colorado Springs.

Big_John is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2013, 08:18 AM   #1007
Gitana
A work in progress

Oddometer: 6,505
Bummed to hear about the music. Any chance we could do an impromptu stage at the campground?
2008 WR250R | 2008 DL650
Gitana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2013, 08:29 AM   #1008
ebrabaek
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 4,067
I Play Flamenco guitar...... Have it with me, and a pair of veeeeeryyy small speakers. Hard to play in cold weather though..... LOL.

Erling
ebrabaek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2013, 08:31 AM   #1009
MountainsandRivers
loves dirty things!

Oddometer: 1,917
Quote:
Originally Posted by ebrabaek View Post
Or...... one could just sit, and enjoy the view, while sipping espresso......
Its going to be awhile..just west of you, I can barely see Mt Wilson due to rain, and the La Sals in Utah are not visible either...at least it will keep the dust down!
Old 07-24-2013, 09:09 AM   #1010
ebrabaek
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 4,067
Quote:
Originally Posted by MountainsandRivers View Post
Its going to be awhile..just west of you, I can barely see Mt Wilson due to rain, and the La Sals in Utah are not visible either...at least it will keep the dust down!
Yeppers...... 70% day, and 50%.... chance of rain today...... A break in the rain right now, but radar says more is on the way.....

Erling
ebrabaek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2013, 12:07 PM   #1011
Pomo
gonzo

Oddometer: 608
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawk View Post
The use of "Rendezvous" was not put into place until after Rick was killed, please offer me evidence of my ignorance in this and I'll never mention it again. Failing that, I will continue to protest the usage.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawk View Post
Rick had made the name of our Eastern get together "Eastern Rendezvous" in 2005 and henceforth it was "Rendezvous". With Rick's death the rally was re-named "Rick's Rendezvous" in tribute to him and his family (who attend the rally every year).
By your own admission it has had the name Rendezvous since '05, long before Rick's passing. This is the RMAR Rendezvous, it says so right in the title. If somebody calls it "the Rendezvous" because they don't feel like holding shift and typing a couple extra letters, so be it. And who are the "others" who are outraged that you mentioned? So far the only person complaining here is you. I had the pleasure of meeting Rick a few times and I doubt he'd approve of shitting all over the organizers of this event over 10 letters, at least not publicly.

By the way, as somebody who honestly has no dog in this fight, you are the one who has come away looking like a douchebag. (I'm not saying you are one, I probably haven't even met you.)

Time for my post count in JM to increase by 1.

"It's supposed to be a challenge, that's why they call it a shortcut. If it was easy it would just be the way." ~ Rubin, Road Trip

Pomo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2013, 12:38 PM   #1012
WildTurkey
Beast Master

Oddometer: 1,310
Durango WallyWorld and a Million Dollar Highway are the only things between the Turkeys and RMAR!

Old 07-24-2013, 01:03 PM   #1013
CaptRick
On dry land 4 now.....

Oddometer: 4,125
Yikes hide out in the woods fer a few days and war breaks out on the thread...
Set up at Red Mtn so back to be connected to the world, not really sure if that's a good thing....
In any case the riding has been great! Stoney pass an Kite lake yesterday, Ophir, Clear lake and Aspen lake the day before! Ahhhhhhhhhh

When you stop chasing dreams, that's when your getting old...until then enjoy the ride
CaptRick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2013, 01:19 PM   #1014
merickk
Living Folk Tale

Oddometer: 10,534
Quote:
Originally Posted by WildTurkey View Post
Durango WallyWorld and a Million Dollar Highway are the only things between the Turkeys and RMAR!

Swing by here on yer way to Durango

Divorce Sale
merickk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2013, 01:20 PM   #1015
merickk
Living Folk Tale

Oddometer: 10,534
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptRick View Post
Yikes hide out in the woods fer a few days and war breaks out on the thread...
Set up at Red Mtn so back to be connected to the world, not really sure if that's a good thing....
In any case the riding has been great! Stoney pass an Kite lake yesterday, Ophir, Clear lake and Aspen lake the day before! Ahhhhhhhhhh
Didn't ya get enough of Kite Lake last year

Divorce Sale
merickk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2013, 01:54 PM   #1016
Saltydog86
village idiot

Oddometer: 930
Can somebody tell me if registration is open tonight or is everybody here just whining about what the event is called?
05 Yamaha XT225
03 Honda Goldwing GL1800
Saltydog86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2013, 02:03 PM   #1017
Big_John OP
Colorado Rider

Oddometer: 2,863
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saltydog86 View Post
Can somebody tell me if registration is open tonight or is everybody here just whining about what the event is called?

The first meal is Friday night.....and you can wait til then.

Just go ride and enjoy!

Big_John is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2013, 02:13 PM   #1018
Hawk
Bainned

Oddometer: 14,731
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pomo View Post
By your own admission it has had the name Rendezvous since '05, long before Rick's passing. This is the RMAR Rendezvous, it says so right in the title. If somebody calls it "the Rendezvous" because they don't feel like holding shift and typing a couple extra letters, so be it. And who are the "others" who are outraged that you mentioned? So far the only person complaining here is you. I had the pleasure of meeting Rick a few times and I doubt he'd approve of shitting all over the organizers of this event over 10 letters, at least not publicly.

By the way, as somebody who honestly has no dog in this fight, you are the one who has come away looking like a douchebag. (I'm not saying you are one, I probably haven't even met you.)

Time for my post count in JM to increase by 1.
Pssst, reading is fundamental and reading comprehension is is harder. Go back and read the "context" I know it's hard sometimes, but with practice you will get better.
Old 07-24-2013, 02:14 PM   #1019
enduro-ince
dirtslave

Oddometer: 4,716
Quote:
Originally Posted by modette View Post
I guess we all have to walk in and say, "hey wheres that band"...and then leave.
Do a lot of that.. I'm bummed too, would of been a lot of fun.

I suppose if there is enough RMAR interest we could do a last minute show at The Miners Tavern. Its kind of tough though since there will be no real advertising in advance and we just play for the door.
Old 07-24-2013, 05:18 PM   #1020
SgtMarty
Retired, baby!

Oddometer: 1,546
What an incredibly juvenile, personality-based snit fit with no hope of anything constructive coming of it.

All these events happen just fine without anyone having to attack the others.

I go to both WestFest and RMAR and enjoy them with no need to compare them or consider the antagonistic feelings of someone elsewhere. Nothing but great people and great riding at these events . Both events draw from within and from without ADVRider, but everyone I know gets their info on these rallys from this site and both events belong in the annual events forum.

Both events return benefits to local trails and rights to access those areas. RMAR in particular, thanks to Big_John and other board members, has established significant credibility through its association with AMA and COHVCO, TPA, NMOHVA, etc. RMAR is a registered non-profit and not a business. It benefits ADVRider through its advocacy and high profile.

I hold no positions in the organizations of these events, but I'm happy and proud to know them, just as those far away would feel if they knew them personally instead of only through these fruitless posting wars.

To me, WestFest and RMAR are both ADVRider events, despite the growing popularity of RMAR that has led to some practical need to develop it's own identity.

The petty posturing here and on another thread about the use of the word "Rendezvous" and who is or isn't influencing moderator actions is belittling to those who have resorted to name-calling and relentless whining.

When people engage in this manner, they do so with the unfocused need to "win" and the core issues are lost. Since there is no meaningful core issue here to resolve, all that remains is the ego war.

What a shame.

Since Baldy is essentially an absentee landlord, this leaves the moderators to manage as best they can, and the noisiest complainers get too much attention.

It would be best to make a decision on the placement of the annual event thread and ignore all the other bitching.

Nobody and nothing benefits from prolonging this whine-fest.

COHVCO #6391 AMA #2800236
SgtMarty is offline   Reply With Quote