Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-04-2012, 03:22 PM   #31
mario33
Howling around...

Oddometer: 145
I think press info says it all:

Quote:
For the coming season, the size adjustment on the arms was optimised, and the leg width on the suit and insert hose adjusted to the Rally GS Pro boot.

The pockets on the jacket have been given larger flaps and Velcro surfaces so that they remain absolutely watertight even when full.

In order to fulfil the latest safety requirements, the Rallye suit now features the new, detachable NP2 protectors on the back, shoulders, elbows, and knees.

In addition, the reflective zones on the jacket and trousers were enlarged, improving visibility even more in road traffic.

The
Rallye suit will be available in the new colour combinations Blue/Grey and Grey/Red from the 2013 season. The combination Blue/Grey is available for the sizes 46–66, the long sizes 98–118, and the trouser sizes 24–27. The colour combination Red/Grey is available for the sizes 46–60.

mario33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 02:44 PM   #32
Spinalcracker
former redriderofma

Oddometer: 1,084
still looks like it is a waterproof liner so the jacket and pants still get soaked. The companaero suit still looks the best with the waterproof on the outside.
Vermont Covered Bridges
Spinalcracker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2012, 11:19 AM   #33
Vlad.tm.ro
n00b

Oddometer: 4
@ Spinalcracker: agree 100%
Vlad.tm.ro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2012, 11:43 AM   #34
Xeraux
Archvillain

Oddometer: 30,892
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spinalcracker View Post
still looks like it is a waterproof liner so the jacket and pants still get soaked. The companaero suit still looks the best with the waterproof on the outside.
The material bonded outside of the GoreTex™ still gets "soaked" on those suits.

If, after I depart this vale, you ever remember me and have thought to please my ghost, forgive some sinner and wink your eye at some homely girl.
Xeraux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2012, 01:45 PM   #35
Endurodude
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 166
This is true, they do get soaked BUT it doesn't pass to he rider. I rode over the summer wearing the Companero in torrential rain for around 6 hours. The suit was new, and 4 hours in I thought the trousers had become saturated and were letting water in. They were cold, but 100% waterproof.

I had considered he Rallye 3, but am so glad I went for the Companero.
Endurodude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2012, 02:56 PM   #36
Mav
Something witty...

Oddometer: 3,709
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spinalcracker View Post
Or the Klim Badlands/latitude...

-------------------------
All the gear.. no idea!
Mav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2012, 05:40 PM   #37
lhendrik
Truffle Rustler

Oddometer: 2,298
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mav View Post
Or the Klim Badlands/latitude...
Or the Rukka Armas....rainproofing on the outer layer and it works.
Old 01-03-2013, 07:40 PM   #38
billyvoo
Adventurer

Oddometer: 11
Dont get me wrong, my Ralley 3 suit is everything I've expected and more. If i had it to do over again, id go with a waterproof exterior.
billyvoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 04:42 AM   #39
'05Train
Mind is not for rent

Oddometer: 981
Lovely, still no grey pants in long lengths.
'05Train is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 08:20 AM   #40
Ron from BC
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,360
Quote:
Originally Posted by billyvoo View Post
Dont get me wrong, my Ralley 3 suit is everything I've expected and more. If i had it to do over again, id go with a waterproof exterior.
For me the RP3 suit fits me much better than the RP2, in particular the jacket. The pants took a bit of getting used to with the enlarged knee armor. That said, I've found that the real Gortex liners in the RP2 worked far better than the newer product...Schuller??

If I run into a major piece of wet weather on a trip I pull out the one piece rainsuit and that works extremely well.
Old 01-22-2013, 11:54 AM   #41
TuonoBiker
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 728
Wife and I were down at Bob's BMW in MD yesterday on my day off to buy some new kit for her. We ended up outfitting her with the RevIt Ventura gear. Awesome dealer, Peter took 2 hours to work with us and have her try on various jackets and pants, having her sit on the GSA in the gear, check armor placement. Extremely thorough...tried on BMW Tourshell, Olympia jacket and the Revit. She fell in love with the fit and comfort of RevIt...very versatile jacket I might add. Rain, thermal, lots of venting for summer.

Anyway, sorry for the rabbit trail....he said the new BMW adventure jackets are coming in March. he also told me they are NOT dropping the Rallye Pro 3. The new jackets will be in addition to the RP3. Also, he said the new "light" ADV jacket will cost you around $1000 for jacket and pants combo. I was hoping the RP3 would go on sale if it was being dropped.
'07 Tuono Factory - gone but not forgotten
TuonoBiker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 03:17 PM   #42
bastimentos
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 103
Quote:
Originally Posted by TuonoBiker View Post
he said the new BMW adventure jackets are coming in March. he also told me they are NOT dropping the Rallye Pro 3. The new jackets will be in addition to the RP3.
Thanks for the info, I'm waiting to see what they put out and comparing it to the new Klim adventure rally 2 suit due out by then. Is your understanding that the RP4 will be a top-end suit, targeted to sit above the RP3 (if they are selling side by side) or is the new gear positioned as a more entry level suit?
bastimentos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 05:38 PM   #43
TuonoBiker
Studly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by bastimentos View Post
Thanks for the info, I'm waiting to see what they put out and comparing it to the new Klim adventure rally 2 suit due out by then. Is your understanding that the RP4 will be a top-end suit, targeted to sit above the RP3 (if they are selling side by side) or is the new gear positioned as a more entry level suit?
He told me he has two new models coming. I know he said one was going to be positioned as "entry level" and less off-road....lighter weight. But, 1/3 less money....jacket and pants for total of around 1000 bucks. Not bad, IMO. I can't remember what he said about the 2nd new model...if its above the RP3 or not, I don't know.

The way he described the entry level one, it will certainly be a rugged, durable jacket, just not designed to be falling onto rocks like the RP3/Klim Badlands/etc. If you are a true off-roader and plan on wrecking from time to time as I'm sure off roaders do...you probably want the RP3/badlands/adventure rally 2/etc.

The lighter weight is going to be attributed to the lastest technology armor which is supposed to be as good as what's in the RP3, but again lighter in weight. The RP3 back protector is like a flak jacket....HEAVY! Also, the water-proofing is to be a membrane and not removable like the RP3.

It all depends on your needs. For me, fit and comfort is high on the list. Just as high as durable construction and crash protection. I off-road the GSA, but not like a lot of guys, I don't plan to be coating it in mud and grime and dirt-biking around. I like the RP3 because it fits me like a glove. no offense to the Olympia fans out there, but everything I've tried on has absolutely no good fit for me. It's built like a tank, but the fit is like wearing a big burlap sack. I'd rather pay 3 times as much for a coat that I'm going to be comfortable in for the 500 mile days. Well, maybe 3 times as much is pushing it......then again...300 for an olympia, 1000 for a klim/BMW/Dainese ? Yah, lots more.

Edit: Why the freak am I soo wordy???? 4 paragraphs? sorry.
Old 01-22-2013, 06:20 PM   #44
bastimentos
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 103
haha

Hey - I hear ya mate, fit is extremely important, looks, comfort, and safety (so armor doesn't move in a crash etc).

Appreciate the insight you shared, but I think I'll pull the trigger on the AR2 as it seems like it ticks all the boxes for me at the moment.
bastimentos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 07:08 PM   #45
TuonoBiker
Studly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by bastimentos View Post
Hey - I hear ya mate, fit is extremely important, looks, comfort, and safety (so armor doesn't move in a crash etc).

Appreciate the insight you shared, but I think I'll pull the trigger on the AR2 as it seems like it ticks all the boxes for me at the moment.
Awesome! I'm sure you won't be disappointed. My riding season isn't for another 2 months, so I am going to hold off and at least check out the new BMW stuff........I was hoping the RP3 was gonna discontinue and I'd get it discounted. Looks like thats just a pipe dream.

Have fun with the purchase and enjoy the gear!