Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-21-2013, 12:56 PM   #1501
ARDirt
Adventurer

Oddometer: 58
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mambo Dave View Post
Considering my initial reply was a sarcastic joke, I do believe you're taking everything out of context here, and don't appreciate you trolling. I take it your new account is at 42 posts because your old account(s) got kicked from this site for beginning baseless arguments?

Carry on - you're good at it.
I guess better a troller than a stalker! BTW...I have only had one account on here and have never been booted. I usually use the site to get good information from knowledgable posters. Interesting how you profile someone as a troller because of their number of posts. Stalker...profiler...beginning to see a pattern! Oh, and if anyone should be booted for beginning baseless arguments it should probably be the one that offered nothing up to to the post other than sarcism which you admitted doing. In the future, if you can, try and keep up with the discussion and make relevant posts.
ARDirt is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 01:42 PM   #1502
Bugz
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 125
Quote:
Originally Posted by ARDirt View Post
I guess better a troller than a stalker! BTW...I have only had one account on here and have never been booted. I usually use the site to get good information from knowledgable posters. Interesting how you profile someone as a troller because of their number of posts. Stalker...profiler...beginning to see a pattern! Oh, and if anyone should be booted for beginning baseless arguments it should probably be the one that offered nothing up to to the post other than sarcism which you admitted doing. In the future, if you can, try and keep up with the discussion and make relevant posts.
Keep it all nice and shiny guys. No cat fights
Bugz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 01:44 PM   #1503
kraven
Hegelian Scum

Oddometer: 4,785
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bugz View Post
Keep it all nice and shiny guys. No cat fights
But he started it!!!

Ka-chow!!!

Old 02-21-2013, 02:41 PM   #1504
The other Ferret
Motorcycle nut

Oddometer: 269
Quote:
Originally Posted by kraven View Post
But he started it!!!

Ka-chow!!!

Earlier prototype.. I think shown in 2009. Clear turn signals, no stripes on tank, different muffler, reservoir rear shocks, different seat.
The other Ferret is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 03:11 PM   #1505
kraven
Hegelian Scum

Oddometer: 4,785
Quote:
Originally Posted by The other Ferret View Post
Earlier prototype.. I think shown in 2009. Clear turn signals, no stripes on tank, different muffler, reservoir rear shocks, different seat.
Yeah, but the pipe is the real highlight there.
Old 02-21-2013, 04:02 PM   #1506
Guth
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 149
Agreed. That particular exhaust is a real knockout. I like the looks of it better than any of the aftermarket solutions I've seen thus far.
Guth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 04:21 PM   #1507
dirtdreamer50
long time rider

Oddometer: 1,058
A neighbor restored a 70's CB Super Sport, 400 or 500cc, the yellow one, and it had the same flat 4 into 1 collector used on that exhaust. Unique look and a direct copy of the Honda OEM system for his bike.
dirtdreamer50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 05:00 PM   #1508
dpg
Adventurer

Oddometer: 86
Anybody Hungary for something extra cheesey?

http://translate.google.com/translate?hl=en&sl=hu&u=http://www.tesztmotor.hu/felhasznalok_filmjei/benzso_honda_cb1100-as_teszten_keszult_quotnyalcsorgatosquot_videoja&prev=/search%3Fq%3Dhonda%2Bcb1100%26hl%3Den%26sa%3DX%26r lz%3D1W1GGHP_enUS431%26biw%3D1603%26bih%3D657%26tb s%3Dqdr&sa=X&ei=0LEmUcehBcHvqAGWr4GgBQ&ved=0CGsQ7gEwBw

Merd...Merd......Merd..........Merd............... .Merd................ ( that cracked me up - see video) Those silly Hungarians.

Seriously though, I have watched and obsessed over plenty of bikes before but I don't recall any that seemed to stir up so much emotion universally, internationally. Moto Guzzi's are the only one's close that I have seen stir the soul but that is more of a niche market. My point is, good on Honda for being able to pull it off. I for one had given up hope for my favorite vehicle manufacturer to be able to do this again with a production model, auto or cycle.

Another review - Austrian which mentions its "character" and sings its praises.
http://translate.google.com/translat...ed=0CE8Q7gEwBQ

dpg screwed with this post 02-21-2013 at 05:17 PM
dpg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 05:23 PM   #1509
dirtdreamer50
long time rider

Quote:
Originally Posted by dpg View Post
Anybody Hungary for something extra cheesey?

http://translate.google.com/translate?hl=en&sl=hu&u=http://www.tesztmotor.hu/felhasznalok_filmjei/benzso_honda_cb1100-as_teszten_keszult_quotnyalcsorgatosquot_videoja&prev=/search%3Fq%3Dhonda%2Bcb1100%26hl%3Den%26sa%3DX%26r lz%3D1W1GGHP_enUS431%26biw%3D1603%26bih%3D657%26tb s%3Dqdr&sa=X&ei=0LEmUcehBcHvqAGWr4GgBQ&ved=0CGsQ7gEwBw

Merd...Merd......Merd..........Merd............... .Merd................ ( that cracked me up - see video) Those silly Hungarians.

Seriously though, I have watched and obsessed over plenty of bikes before but I don't recall any that seemed to stir up so much emotion universally, internationally. Moto Guzzi's are the only one's close that I have seen stir the soul but that is more of a niche market. My point is, good on Honda for being able to pull it off. I for one had given up hope for my favorite vehicle manufacturer to be able to do this again with a production model, auto or cycle.

Another review - Austrian which mentions its "character" and sings its praises.
http://translate.google.com/translat...ed=0CE8Q7gEwBQ
I understand that. I've grown very cynical over the past several years, having ridden 14 bikes in the past eight years, always hoping that something would stir the old soul, the closest being the Duke 690. Guess I will need to see the 1100 on the dealer floor to see if it "Does It For Me"... tp
Old 02-21-2013, 05:34 PM   #1510
dpg
Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirtdreamer50 View Post
I understand that. I've grown very cynical over the past several years, having ridden 14 bikes in the past eight years, always hoping that something would stir the old soul, the closest being the Duke 690. Guess I will need to see the 1100 on the dealer floor to see if it "Does It For Me"... tp
I like everything about the Duke but just can't quite get over the styling. Cool in its own right but not what I'm looking for styling wise. I like singles and low weight. Always some kind of compromise I guess.
Old 02-21-2013, 06:23 PM   #1511
dirtdreamer50
long time rider

Quote:
Originally Posted by dpg View Post
I like everything about the Duke but just can't quite get over the styling. Cool in its own right but not what I'm looking for styling wise. I like singles and low weight. Always some kind of compromise I guess.

I can't see it when I'm riding, so styling is OK. It does draw looks from other riders with that WTF is that?, look. Best part is 65BHP and 327lb wt. Guys on the KTM forums are making that little single scream, but I'm OK with the stock output. Quicker to 100mph than anything I've owned except for a ZZR1200.
Old 02-21-2013, 07:16 PM   #1512
OldF7Guy
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 312
Realistically, what kind of fuel economy do you guys think this thing will average. I am thinking 40 mpg. I was averaging about 45 on a 1200 Sportster. I would hate to think it would be worse than this but I could be way wrong here. There are a million things the control mpg but what do you think the high and low end would be. I know one of my buddies yamaha warrior sometimes would dip down in the 20's. Thats pretty bad but he rode it wide open and short tripped it to death.
OldF7Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 07:23 PM   #1513
The other Ferret
Motorcycle nut

Oddometer: 269
Quote:
Originally Posted by dirtdreamer50 View Post
I can't see it when I'm riding, so styling is OK. It does draw looks from other riders with that WTF is that?, look. Best part is 65BHP and 327lb wt. Guys on the KTM forums are making that little single scream, but I'm OK with the stock output. Quicker to 100mph than anything I've owned except for a ZZR1200.

The 690 Duke is a tall booger though. My nephew has one. I rode it once. I couldn't reach the ground with either foot. My nephew held it up by the back fender, I climbed on, put it in gear, let out he clutch and took off. When I came back, i slowed down, brought it to a stop, and bailed off while holding in the clutch lever. My nephew is most likely on the KTM forum, probably under the name Morpheus.
The other Ferret is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 07:27 PM   #1514
dirtdreamer50
long time rider

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldF7Guy View Post
Realistically, what kind of fuel economy do you guys think this thing will average. I am thinking 40 mpg. I was averaging about 45 on a 1200 Sportster. I would hate to think it would be worse than this but I could be way wrong here. There are a million things the control mpg but what do you think the high and low end would be. I know one of my buddies yamaha warrior sometimes would dip down in the 20's. Thats pretty bad but he rode it wide open and short tripped it to death.
I think low 40's has been tossed around here a while and on some of the reviews, too. One 1100 video showed the tach/speedo at speed and the RPM was similar to other bikes in the same cc class. Wish I could remember which video that was....
Old 02-21-2013, 07:30 PM   #1515
dpg
Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldF7Guy View Post
According to the only one on fuelly.com he is averaging 36mpg on his 2010 in Australia. I assume the gallons are converted for the U.S. based site? You will notice that the 1983 on there only averages 26. Pretty piss poor for the both of them really. Still if I was that worried about mpg, Honda makes bikes for that. I like the output of this bike and it is a 4 cyl., so again, always trade offs.

https://www.fuelly.com/driver/pterodactyl/cb1100f

dpg screwed with this post 02-21-2013 at 07:36 PM