Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-12-2012, 03:52 PM   #151
KMC1
There is no spoon.

Oddometer: 2,010
Quote:
Originally Posted by skysailor View Post
Have to wonder how much more it'll be here than in the States. If it's less than 11K, I'll order one. If it's 9999 Stateside, you can bet Honda Canada will want close to 14K for it.
That's cause they gots "free" health care...oh , wait....so do we now....

An Overview of the United States National Debt: http://www.davemanuel.com/us-national-debt-clock.php
KMC1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 03:52 PM   #152
MCGMB
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 175
Quote:
Originally Posted by cogitate View Post
I am willing to wager they will be sold out. All i see around town are standards, old, new, Triumphs, Ducatis. I think Honda may have timed it right. I hope so.
Maybe where you are, but I'm willing to wager they generally won't sell in the US, and agree with zoo mob

The fact that you've been seeing standards all over NOW (my eyes tells me it's plateaued, at best) means it's very possible Honda has already missed the trend. I'm just trying to visualize who will buy a brand new retro for $10-11k when so much good used stuff is out there for much less. It's hard for me to visualize that market. Plus, the cool retros are generally NOT I4's. Z1's with nasty chrome Kerker 4-1s excepted.
'88 FZR400
MCGMB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 04:05 PM   #153
darmahman
"Illogically Deluded"

Oddometer: 2,701
I'll bet you a buck...

Quote:
Originally Posted by MCGMB View Post
Maybe where you are, but I'm willing to wager they generally won't sell in the US, and agree with zoo mob

The fact that you've been seeing standards all over NOW (my eyes tells me it's plateaued, at best) means it's very possible Honda has already missed the trend. I'm just trying to visualize who will buy a brand new retro for $10-11k when so much good used stuff is out there for much less. It's hard for me to visualize that market. Plus, the cool retros are generally NOT I4's. Z1's with nasty chrome Kerker 4-1s excepted.
Old 11-12-2012, 04:12 PM   #154
RicH2
Ric H2

Oddometer: 2,196
2013 Honda Retro Coming to USA

http://www.motorcycledaily.com/2012/11/finally-coming-to-america-2013-honda-cb1100-priced-at-9999/

Can't find good numbers.
Seems low on power and high on weight.

Beautiful bike though. And a resonable price.

Old 11-12-2012, 04:15 PM   #155
siyeh
Lawn Nazi

Oddometer: 1,401
the only dilemma I have is do I toss this into a dumpster for a 4 into 4?

tic toc tic toc
siyeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 04:16 PM   #156
swingset
Got the knack.

Oddometer: 10,728
Quote:
Originally Posted by RicH2 View Post
Seems low on power and high on weight.
So it seems like a Honda.

swingset is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 04:16 PM   #157
DesmoTull
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 100
Quote:

What about the ZRX or XJR1300 (off the top of my head)
DesmoTull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 04:20 PM   #158
bolderboulder
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 114
The 3.9-gallon tank seems a bit small. Otherwise, a windscreen plus panniers would make it a sufficient touring bike for me.
bolderboulder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 04:43 PM   #159
KingOfFleece
SplitWeight(tm)

Oddometer: 610
Nothing wrong with that at all in my book.
KingOfFleece is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 04:51 PM   #160
Yeahbaby
Adventurer

Oddometer: 77
Makes me miss my old 78 KZ650C. God I loved that bike. I wonder if Vetter will start making Windjammer fairings again.

When you start loosing your mind over a woman remember this one simple fact.................it's just the hairy end of a gut!!!!!!!!!!!!
Yeahbaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 04:51 PM   #161
TeneRay
2>4

Oddometer: 1,448
Whoa. What happened. I was aware the CB1100 release a couple years ago in Japan but they're finally releasing it everywhere else!? Gotta browse more often.

I've spent almost 3 years rebuilding the '72 750. Would be nice to park the two side-by-side one day

Any word on an F/Sport model?

I'll take mine black with the 4-4

TeneRay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 05:05 PM   #162
The Dirty One
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 123
Like em or not,at least there is some excitement and chatter back in the mc world.
The Dirty One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 05:17 PM   #163
TeneRay
2>4

Quote:

I think it may catch on slowly. It just needs to regain it's image. Face it, this bike stemmed off the lineage of the CB750 SOHC which was ground breaking during its time. There are still many older riders (from all bike makes) who can recognize the bike in just a glance (and by sound). When I had my 78F, many of the older riders knew the ride and would approach me and say "I use to have one of those". I don't think it may catch immediately with the newer generation but I would think the older crowd may favor it since they grew up knowing the machine.

However, I would think with the Cafe boom, this would possibly get a few younger riders into appreciating the bike. Modern, yet air-cooled and FI. Still offers the ability to slap some clubmans onto the towers and seems to have already generated aftermarket exhausts. I'm sure there are a bunch of Greaser, Rocker wanna-be's and hipsters that would oogle over this bike. I'm neither and I'm drooling.

Gotta stay positive I can't afford one yet but would like to get one (would look good next to my '72 750, once I get it back together one of these days ). Most of us have waited patiently for this moment; we can't have this bike going the way of the Dodo. On the flip-side; If these bikes became the most popular things all of a sudden, I'd still want one. It's just a sexy bike
Old 11-12-2012, 05:44 PM   #164
SpeedyK
Guzzisti

Oddometer: 215
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeahbaby View Post
Makes me miss my old 78 KZ650C. God I loved that bike. I wonder if Vetter will start making Windjammer fairings again.
Likewise. Motor even looks a bit like the KZ 650 from the end.
Old 11-12-2012, 05:46 PM   #165
TeneRay
2>4

While I'm on a roll, blabbering about old Honda's...BRING BACK THE 6's!!!