Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-01-2013, 10:07 PM   #1711
M3-SRT8
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 268
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guth View Post
As far as the sound goes, keep in mind that this particular video (of the 3rd style with the weird kink towards the end of the lower pipe) sounds like it was shot/recorded somewhere like an alley between buildings or some such setting as there is quite a bit of natural reverb occurring. You can hear it with other sounds when the bike isn't actually running. That alone is going to make the tone of the exhaust on the recording sound considerably different.
You've got good ears - and eyes. I didn't notice that.
M3-SRT8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2013, 05:24 AM   #1712
M3-SRT8
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by kraven View Post
Yeah, and that's how Detroit got turned into a ghost town.

I can't tell you how many times I've eyed a new Challenger and said "man, I wish Honda built something like that." since I would never ever ever pay 40 grand for something and drive it off hoping it wasn't a Monday morning car that would have to be lemon lawed.

Ain't nobody got time for that.
Further off-topic, but Dodge Challengers are Made in Canada. Same plant that built my 2006 Chrysler 300C/SRT8 - the most reliable New Car I've EVER owned. Challengers are basically shortened 300s/Chargers with a new body and some suspension mods. Pricey, but reliable, I'm sure.

Chrysler is on a comeback. They have picked themselves off the canvas and are fighting back hard. Some of their stuff is still in the also-ran catagory (i.e. Chrysler 200), but 300s, Chargers, Challengers, and Darts are good product.
Old 03-02-2013, 05:37 AM   #1713
Dave in Wi
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,823
Quote:
Originally Posted by M3-SRT8 View Post
Further off-topic, but Dodge Challengers are Made in Canada. Some of their stuff is still in the also-ran catagory (i.e. Chrysler 200), but 300s, Chargers, Challengers, and Darts are good product.
Stop saying that... If I can talk myself into it, a Challenger may be my next car. I just love the way they look, and it would be fun to own a V8, rear wheel drive car again. Until the first time it snows of course. :-). It's probably no coincidence that the CB1100 and Challenger both appeal to me.
1988 DT50
"Daddy, it's five o'clock sometime!"
Dave in Wi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2013, 06:07 AM   #1714
M3-SRT8
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave in Wi View Post
Stop saying that... If I can talk myself into it, a Challenger may be my next car. I just love the way they look, and it would be fun to own a V8, rear wheel drive car again. Until the first time it snows of course. :-). It's probably no coincidence that the CB1100 and Challenger both appeal to me.
Well...how old are you? I'm 57. Still in the fight.

They say you can't go back. Bullsh*t. I love beautiful anachronisms. Especially if they are updated for the 21st Century and capable of opening up a can of whup-ass.

The cb1100 ABS is Mine, when it comes in...
Old 03-02-2013, 06:24 AM   #1715
Dave in Wi
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,823
Quote:
Well...how old are you? I'm 57. Still in the fight.
l
Only 48. It seems like the appeal of the 1100 is pretty broad among "older" guys.
1988 DT50
"Daddy, it's five o'clock sometime!"
Dave in Wi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2013, 06:32 AM   #1716
Bugz
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 116
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave in Wi View Post
Only 48. It seems like the appeal of the 1100 is pretty broad among "older" guys.
Well I'm 21 and I really don't consider my old Though the 1100 really, really apeals to me

I have to say that I don't know many guys / girls of my age who are as much as me into bikes though. I guess the reason I like the 1100 since I know Honda's history quite well, and thus relate to it.

One of my neighbours has an old CB750 with a seeley frame & tank. It's just so much

Who's Seeley; http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Colin_Seeley
Bugz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2013, 06:40 AM   #1717
Plungerhead
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 108
The dealer that I chose to buy the 1100 from has only been able to tell me "They expect it in March." Well I called the salesman yesterday and told him "It's March DAMMIT."
I also told him I was going to hound the piss out of him everyday until he has something good to tell me.
Before its all over, he's probably gonna want to give me my deposit back.
Plungerhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2013, 06:53 AM   #1718
M3-SRT8
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bugz View Post
Well I'm 21 and I really don't consider my old Though the 1100 really, really apeals to me

I have to say that I don't know many guys / girls of my age who are as much as me into bikes though. I guess the reason I like the 1100 since I know Honda's history quite well, and thus relate to it.
Oh, I'm aware of the fact that the cb1100 appeals to some younger riders. I saw quite a few at the New York International Motorcycle Show this january drooling over the bike. Some Kids have read their history, and appreciate the fact that sometimes an old samarai sword needs just a fresh edge to it to be just as effective as it ever was.

When I was a kid, I loved to read about First and Second World War aeroplanes and aerial combat, while jet fighters from Hanscomb AFB broke the sonic barrier overhead. They were cool then, and cool now.
Old 03-02-2013, 06:56 AM   #1719
M3-SRT8
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Plungerhead View Post
The dealer that I chose to buy the 1100 from has only been able to tell me "They expect it in March." Well I called the salesman yesterday and told him "It's March DAMMIT."
I also told him I was going to hound the piss out of him everyday until he has something good to tell me.
Steady...take deep breaths. Don't piss him off needlessly.

Just ask him to talk to his sales rep and get an update. Don't be a P.I.T.A.
Old 03-02-2013, 06:59 AM   #1720
Plungerhead
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 108
Quote:
Steady...take deep breaths. Don't piss him off needlessly.

Just ask him to talk to his sales rep and get an update. Don't be a P.I.T.A.
Oh I'm not pissing him off! He is a pretty cool guy with a sense of humor.
He knew what he was getting with me even before I put my deposit down.
Plungerhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2013, 08:29 AM   #1721
Mobiker
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,359
Quote:
Further off-topic, but Dodge Challengers are Made in Canada. Same plant that built my 2006 Chrysler 300C/SRT8 - the most reliable New Car I've EVER owned. Challengers are basically shortened 300s/Chargers with a new body and some suspension mods. Pricey, but reliable, I'm sure.

Chrysler is on a comeback. They have picked themselves off the canvas and are fighting back hard. Some of their stuff is still in the also-ran catagory (i.e. Chrysler 200), but 300s, Chargers, Challengers, and Darts are good product.
I hate to go even further off topic, but what the hey. I bought a 2011 Chrysler 200 in 2011. I have to say I like it lot. I have the 3.6L motor. I even violated my own rule of not buying first year production (the 3.6 debuted in '11).

Its smooth, quiet and pretty damn fast. Its definitely quicker than some of the big old v8's I had back in the day. I'm getting 23-24 mpg running around town and 27.5 to 30 mpg on highway trips. It rides good and handles ok for an inexpensive 4 door sedan. Its a really nice car. About the only parts carried over from the old sebring are the unibody and doors. Everything else is changed- drivetrain, interior, suspension, front clip, rear deck/facia.

I'm astonished at what Chrysler accomplished with this car, considering what they started with. I might have bought a 300 if the 3.6 had been available in it in 2011. I didn't want to spend the bucks to get a 300 with the 5.7 and didn't particularly care for the 3.5 in the 300. The 3.6 is an entirely diffrent proposition. The 300's are really nice cars. So are the 200's
Mobiker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2013, 10:09 AM   #1722
Guth
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 149
Just when I thought this thread was getting back to the CB1100...

Sounds like the non-ABS models might be the first to arrive. Can't wait to read the first report here from someone who has FINALLY taken delivery!
Guth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2013, 10:43 AM   #1723
The other Ferret
Motorcycle nut

Oddometer: 269
Quote:
Originally Posted by Plungerhead View Post
First thing I ask my dealer when I walk in...Is my bike here yet? Lol

I'll be 63 in May. Was 18 when the CB 750 came out. They were $1499 and I was making $1.50 an hour if memory serves me and riding a CL 77 (305 Scrambler for the non Honda fanatics). I couldnt afford the 750 then, but eventually I bought a 76 CB 750 k6 which was ironically deep red with a black band surrounded by white and gold stripes. Ironic in that the CB 1100 is deep red only withblack and silver stripes.
The other Ferret is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2013, 11:49 AM   #1724
Guth
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 149
I'm 50 and can still remember the first CB750 I ever laid eyes on. I was out in the front yard when one of my dad's friends pulled up into our driveway with his brand new CB750 to show it off. Even at such a young age I could tell that bike was like none of the others I had seen before. To a young kid, the 750 simply looked menacing when compared to my dads Honda at the time. (I think he was riding a CA77 back then.)
Guth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2013, 12:14 PM   #1725
dirtdreamer50
long time rider

Oddometer: 855
Quote:
Originally Posted by The other Ferret View Post
First thing I ask my dealer when I walk in...Is my bike here yet? Lol

I'll be 63 in May. Was 18 when the CB 750 came out. They were $1499 and I was making $1.50 an hour if memory serves me and riding a CL 77 (305 Scrambler for the non Honda fanatics). I couldnt afford the 750 then, but eventually I bought a 76 CB 750 k6 which was ironically deep red with a black band surrounded by white and gold stripes. Ironic in that the CB 1100 is deep red only withblack and silver stripes.
I'll be 63 in May, too. When the CB750 came out, it was almost all that was discussed at the shops and the magazines. I was riding a 50cc Honda Cub, and the 750 seemed like a huge motorcycle, that only the most experienced riders could handle. The SL350 I bought in 71, still seemed small in comparison.

By today's standards, the 750's were really a mid sized, middle weight motorcycle. My how time changes perspectives on things...tomp dd50
An early happy Birthday to you, too...tp
dirtdreamer50 is online now   Reply With Quote