Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-06-2013, 10:01 AM   #1786
M3-SRT8
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 268
Quote:
Originally Posted by HondaFanatic View Post
Def the best sounding. And adding 12hp is nothing to sneeze at. But WHEW! 27% of the price of the bike
It's more than that. Shipping Charges to North America? Approx. $720.00.

Ouch...
M3-SRT8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 10:04 AM   #1787
The other Ferret
Motorcycle nut

Oddometer: 269
Quote:
Originally Posted by M3-SRT8 View Post
It's more than that. Shipping Charges to North America? Approx. $720.00.

Ouch...

Dayum!
The other Ferret is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 10:41 AM   #1788
markjenn
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 10,293
Quote:
Originally Posted by M3-SRT8 View Post
They are $2600.00 USD before freight. You can now see why Honda went with a 4-1 pipe. A 4-4 pipe like these would have made it a 12,000 dollar bike.
What is produced in limited numbers in the aftermarket can be bolted to the bike as standard for a fraction of the aftermarket cost. That being said, one factor raising costs would be that Honda would have to engineer a catalyst and O2 sensors into the system, something that aftermarket vendors typically ignore. A stock system would also have to meet stringent noise standards and this tends to favor 4-1 systems because you can engineer a relatively huge muffler that does quadruple duty quieting four exhaust pulses. 4-1 systems are inherently more noise efficient.

If Honda engineered a stock 4-4, they'd probably go with a 4-1-4 or 4-2-4 system, both to add muffler volume under the bike and also provide a convenient place for one or two O2 sensors. More complication, more weight.

Net, net, I suspect doing 4-4 stock would incrementally cost another few hundred and maybe the bike might have cost $10,495 or something like this. While significant, this is not a deal-breaker. In the end, Honda doesn't want this bike positioned into a pure retro position in the market. It wants the bike's DNA to be more modern, more performance-oriented, and less rooted in the past.

If this bike is successful in the US market, one of the aftermarket vendors will likely pick up importing one of these retro exhausts and I bet will sell them for a lot cheaper than $2600.

- Mark

markjenn screwed with this post 03-06-2013 at 10:49 AM
markjenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 10:44 AM   #1789
dpg
Adventurer

Oddometer: 86
That's alot of moolah!

Quote:
Originally Posted by The other Ferret View Post
Dayum!
Well unless you have loads of money to waste, then you can forget about those pipes. I will wait until some more reasonable options show up for us North Americans. I'm hoping for a cool understated bikini fairing. The Mugen one is decent but I don't think it is available seperate. I wouldn't mind losing some of the pork with the exhaust so 4 into 1 makes more sense as well as more sense financially and I refuse to part with the center stand if I have to maintain the chain. I'm already thinking how nice clip ons might be but I don't think I would comprimise ergos for asthetics. Sure is funny how you can be obsessed with something you haven't ever seen in the flesh. The days are ticking by too slowly.... At least it looks like the weather will permit me to ride the good ol' cbr250 this weekend.
dpg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 11:56 AM   #1790
eatpasta
Lawnmower Target

Oddometer: 9,980
Ok..... who is the first inmate to take delivery.....

isnt it soon?

Originally Posted by Burnszilla
I was SO high, I could have hunted duck with a rake
Quote:
Originally Posted by VxZeroKnots View Post
MX stuff isn't my cup of tea, but falling down the side of a mountain is
eatpasta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 11:59 AM   #1791
dpg
Adventurer

Read it and weep!!!!!!! There in north america!!!

NORTH AMERICA HAS SEEN ITS FIRST CB1100!!!!!! IN CANADA, ALBEIT, ALBERTA. ABS TOO. I don't know how that correlates to anything in the U.S. but it can't be bad news I wouldn't think. Come to think of it, it makes a lot of sense for Honda to get the bike out so we can get the word and the reviews and the praise out so that more people will gain interest. Wow, I am rambling but I don't care. Wahooooo!

http://alberta.kijiji.ca/c-cars-vehi...AdIdZ462486214

Edit: oops, too excited. I said there in North America, I meant they are.....awe who cares.
Old 03-06-2013, 12:14 PM   #1792
dpg
Adventurer

cb1100 forum

Well if you are really desperate for more, here is a cb1100, German, forum. They are already complaining about fuel economy. Not a whole lot on the site yet. If anyone wants to set up and run the CB1100 forum and get all the advertising lined up I'll be glad to split the profits with you for having the idea.
Old 03-06-2013, 12:46 PM   #1793
The other Ferret
Motorcycle nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by eatpasta View Post
Ok..... who is the first inmate to take delivery.....

isnt it soon?

Last time i spoke with my dealer he said Honda was supposed to release min on the 15 th so he should have it ready for delivery on the 20 th, so hopefully only 14 more days for me. Hopefully the bike will be on schedule and the weather will cooperate
Old 03-06-2013, 01:09 PM   #1794
Plungerhead
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 108
I just got off the phone with my dealer. Was told it could be here as early as next week or as late as the end of the month. :(
Plungerhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 01:25 PM   #1795
Bugz
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 122
Quote:
Originally Posted by dpg View Post
Well if you are really desperate for more, here is a cb1100, German, forum. They are already complaining about fuel economy. Not a whole lot on the site yet. If anyone wants to set up and run the CB1100 forum and get all the advertising lined up I'll be glad to split the profits with you for having the idea.
Any idea what the fuel economy is those germans are getting? My german is very limited. Bradwurst Ich spreche kein gut Deutsch.
Bugz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 01:31 PM   #1796
OldF7Guy
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 290
Quote:
From time to time I check this forum to see if its open yet.

http://cb1100forum.org/

There is still nothing there. Could you comment on the fuel mileage on the german forum? Do you have a link and is it all written in german? Thanks.
OldF7Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 02:06 PM   #1797
eatpasta
Lawnmower Target

Oddometer: 9,980
well im excited for you guys. if i were in a different place in my life, I would still have my '83 1100F and another newer one next to it

Originally Posted by Burnszilla
I was SO high, I could have hunted duck with a rake
Quote:
Originally Posted by VxZeroKnots View Post
MX stuff isn't my cup of tea, but falling down the side of a mountain is
eatpasta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 02:13 PM   #1798
The other Ferret
Motorcycle nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldF7Guy View Post
From time to time I check this forum to see if its open yet.

http://cb1100forum.org/
Thanks, book marked it. Hopefully it will become a happening place soon!
Old 03-06-2013, 02:30 PM   #1799
Scoobynut
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 436
Quote:
Their bikes probably aren't even broken in yet, so the fuel economy won't be nearly as good as it would be by the three to five thousand mile mark. That's been my experience anyways.
2008 Yamaha WR250R
1988 Honda Hawk GT
Scoobynut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 04:01 PM   #1800
kraven
Hegelian Scum

Oddometer: 4,762
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scoobynut View Post
Their bikes probably aren't even broken in yet, so the fuel economy won't be nearly as good as it would be by the three to five thousand mile mark. That's been my experience anyways.
Yeah.

Germans...