Go Back   ADVrider > Bikes > Road warriors
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-08-2013, 11:10 PM   #1846
OldF7Guy
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 282
I like the smaller fender as well as the gas tank on the Cb. Sometimes I think you can take the retro thing a bit to far but everyone has different tastes. I think they did a good job modernizing a retro bike. Only real change I would like is 4 into 4 exhaust but we all know why that was not done. Cost and weight. Looks wise, I have very little to nit pick and that is unusual for me.
OldF7Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 11:23 PM   #1847
KMC1
There is no spoon.

Oddometer: 2,179
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tripl Nikl View Post

BMW makes this one, I'm buyin one.

An Overview of the United States National Debt: http://www.davemanuel.com/us-national-debt-clock.php
KMC1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2013, 02:15 AM   #1848
M3-SRT8
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 268
Quote:
Originally Posted by OldF7Guy View Post
I like the smaller fender as well as the gas tank on the Cb. Sometimes I think you can take the retro thing a bit to far but everyone has different tastes. I think they did a good job modernizing a retro bike. Only real change I would like is 4 into 4 exhaust but we all know why that was not done. Cost and weight. Looks wise, I have very little to nit pick and that is unusual for me.
I'm with you, baby. I went to the NYC International Bike Show in January with the express purpose of seeing the cb1100, and to see if I saw anything that I DIDN'T like about it. I poured over the detail construction of the bike. The more I saw, the more I liked.

I also sat on it for a long time. A little TOO long, as others were waiting to try it on for size. I checked out the ergos, the switchgear, clutch and brake pedal placement, seat height and comfort, etc. I'm an athletic 5'11" 180lb guy with a 32" inseam, and it fit me fine.

Eventually, I will change out the exhaust for a 4-4 configuration. I just like it that way. Of course, I will wait for a domestic producer or an importer that can provide one at a decent price and quality.

...with good sound and better performance, as well.
M3-SRT8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2013, 04:14 AM   #1849
celticus
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 482
Quote:
Originally Posted by KMC1 View Post
BMW makes this one, I'm buyin one.
WOW! Now That's good looking! Where can I see more?

celticus screwed with this post 03-09-2013 at 04:15 AM Reason: Picture
celticus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2013, 06:20 AM   #1850
Oldgoat01
Adventurer

Oddometer: 88
To heck with the fender. I need y'all to be working on identifying the best luggage and windshield options. And for those getting the non-ABS model, you will have a good thirty days to test them out for me. I am willing to provide my thoughts on the aesthetics of various options at no charge. Just doing my part to help out.
Oldgoat01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2013, 06:29 AM   #1851
Bugz
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 122
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldgoat01 View Post
To heck with the fender. I need y'all to be working on identifying the best luggage and windshield options. And for those getting the non-ABS model, you will have a good thirty days to test them out for me. I am willing to provide my thoughts on the aesthetics of various options at no charge. Just doing my part to help out.
Does anybody know if Honda is offering OEM sidecases + top boxes?
Bugz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2013, 06:54 AM   #1852
M3-SRT8
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldgoat01 View Post
You're right. We've picked aesthetics, exhaust, tank size, and fenders to death.

What about this? Who makes it? Good for a short trip, and the color matches the bike. I like it.

Old 03-09-2013, 07:40 AM   #1853
Guth
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 149
I believe that's actually a Honda accessory, they have a few more parts available for the big CB over in Japan.

Honda Japan CB1100 Accessories
Guth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2013, 10:08 AM   #1854
darmahman
"Illogically Deluded"

Oddometer: 2,758
http://japan.webike.net/products/20316186.html

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dav101 View Post
Ok you got me. Maybe it isn't a genuine honda accessory. I think it is made by one or two competing companies in Japan - so third party. I looked it up and "read" all about different offerings being triple chromed versus double chromed and I think there was a nickle plated version. Of course it was a store in Japan and all I could understand was the pictures and brief snippets of translation in the descriptions. I swear I saved the link but can't find it now.

Anywho, somewhere in this thread there were pictures of some aftermarket Japan only replacement gas tanks that were flat on the bottom and made the bike look more period. Find that section where it is being discussed, and I think you will see the bike pictured with the a very cool front fender replacement with bracing struts.

Surley someone will eventually find it and bring to light what I'm talking about. That is the only accessory I would want to get to make the bike perfect (for what it is). I put fender extenders on all my bikes.

I gave up on it at the time because there was some confusion on which one would match the stock rear fender as far as quality of finish. ...and of course it was impossibly expensive. Still, if some one imports it to the U.S. it would be the only accessory I would have to have for the bike save for the heated grips and plasty chromed instrument surrounds.

If I run amongst a picture of it again I will post it, now that I know how.

edit: I was calling the fender extender a fender eliminator. Corrected.
darmahman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2013, 11:04 AM   #1855
The other Ferret
Motorcycle nut

Oddometer: 269
$ 624 for a fender is insane
The other Ferret is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2013, 11:06 AM   #1856
Dav101
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 116
Quote:
Originally Posted by darmahman View Post
The White House Front Fender...and there it is - even the option ready to fit ABS. I knew if I started posting here I would be eventually lead to this. Thank you. Yeah, no really, thanks a lot.

Now I have the same problem I had before. Will anyone else agree with me that $624.00 is a tad expensive? Come on!

On the bright side I think it says if you spend only $521.00 more with them shipping is FREE!

And "DoubleNickel chromeplating finishing" ...can anyone translate that for me? Is that good?

Dav101 screwed with this post 03-09-2013 at 11:20 AM
Dav101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2013, 11:35 AM   #1857
darmahman
"Illogically Deluded"

Oddometer: 2,758
Nickel plating is a step in the process of chrome plating. So they probably do it twice.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dav101 View Post
The White House Front Fender...and there it is - even the option ready to fit ABS. I knew if I started posting here I would be eventually lead to this. Thank you. Yeah, no really, thanks a lot.

Now I have the same problem I had before. Will anyone else agree with me that $624.00 is a tad expensive? Come on!

On the bright side I think it says if you spend only $521.00 more with them shipping is FREE!

And "DoubleNickel chromeplating finishing" ...can anyone translate that for me? Is that good?
darmahman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2013, 12:08 PM   #1858
M3-SRT8
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guth View Post
I believe that's actually a Honda accessory, they have a few more parts available for the big CB over in Japan.

Honda Japan CB1100 Accessories
59,850 Yen. $624.37 USD. Rack? Not Included.

Christ...
Old 03-09-2013, 06:14 PM   #1859
dpg
Adventurer

Oddometer: 86
Quote:
Originally Posted by celticus View Post
WOW! Now That's good looking! Where can I see more?

These are just drawings by a third party of what it might look like. I doubt it will really be this cool knowing BMW. But if it is this cool and the price is right, I might just be taking back my deposit on my 1100. When I see the cb1100 in person I think I will know immediately if it is for me.
dpg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2013, 06:22 PM   #1860
The other Ferret
Motorcycle nut

Oddometer: 269
Quote:
Originally Posted by dpg View Post

These are just drawings by a third party of what it might look like. I doubt it will really be this cool knowing BMW. But if it is this cool and the price is right, I might just be taking back my deposit on my 1100. When I see the cb1100 in person I think I will know immediately if it is for me.
It looks a lot like an R1200R.
The other Ferret is offline   Reply With Quote