Go Back   ADVrider > Bikes > Road warriors
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-11-2013, 02:52 PM   #1906
dirtdreamer50
long time rider

Oddometer: 1,017
Man, The Japanese do know how to build with detailed perfection. Each pic shows just a little more of that detail. The shift lever is just an example... Thanks for sharing. tomp
dirtdreamer50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 04:40 PM   #1907
Oldgoat01
Adventurer

Oddometer: 88
Thanks twas I asking about luggage. I've never been a fan of a top box, just seems to spoil the lines on a bike although that squared look of the second one may be fine. However, I'm really after top loading panniers. Anyone have details on the one shown in the pic?
Oldgoat01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 06:57 PM   #1908
kraven
Hegelian Scum

Oddometer: 4,762
Quote:
Originally Posted by dirtdreamer50 View Post
Man, The Japanese do know how to build with detailed perfection. Each pic shows just a little more of that detail. The shift lever is just an example... Thanks for sharing. tomp
Thanks for pointing that out. It's easy to gloss over the small details and get lost in the sort of big picture it makes in each photo.

The shift lever is a beauty in that pic.
Old 03-11-2013, 08:28 PM   #1909
OldF7Guy
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 290
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldgoat01 View Post
Thanks twas I asking about luggage. I've never been a fan of a top box, just seems to spoil the lines on a bike although that squared look of the second one may be fine. However, I'm really after top loading panniers. Anyone have details on the one shown in the pic?
Im with you on this one. That squared off box looks more like it belongs on the bike. I would be interested for some details on this as well. Those pictures rock! Looks like the CB had a lot of attention to detail. To the person who posted all of those pics thanks and where did you find them?
OldF7Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 09:25 PM   #1910
M3-SRT8
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 268
Quote:
Originally Posted by dirtdreamer50 View Post
That detailed perfection is one of the reasons why I bought this bike - or, why I buy just about anything, for that matter.

When I first checked the bike out, up close, I was looking for any disparaging item, ANYTHING that sounded a flat note.

I didn't find anything. All the parts have an attention to detail, form, function, and style that is truly extraordinary. And the overall effect is stunning, to say the least.

It's what happens when you turn loose some of the best, the brightest, and the most experienced motorcycle craftsmen in the world on a project inspired by one man's dream. To go back to a time when motorcycles were raw, gutsy, and beautiful.
M3-SRT8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 02:56 AM   #1911
Tripl Nikl
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,563
Quote:
Originally Posted by OldF7Guy View Post
I wonder how the lighting is on this thing? That seems to always be a problem with me. Isnt the bulb like a 55/60watt? I think that is what my Sportster was and it was pretty pathetic. I replaced it with a 80/100 and ran it on high beam all of the time. I finally burned up the connectors in the bucket after about 5K miles. It did improve the lighting though.

I wish companies would make their buckets and connectors capable of running "non-DOT approved" bulbs without melting everything. I know that'd add a couple of bucks to the operation, but I think people would be more than happy to pay even if the company was honest and said something like "we added $3 worth of wiring and we're going to charge you $30 more for in MSRP." I know I would.
Tripl Nikl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 06:57 AM   #1912
siyeh
Lawn Nazi

Oddometer: 1,474
Quote:
Originally Posted by OldF7Guy View Post
To the person who posted all of those pics thanks and where did you find them?
There are pics of this bike all over the interwebz

the big 5 bike mags in usa cycle world rider etc
ash on bikes in england
web bike world japan
new zealand aus bike mags
they are all over
siyeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 08:20 AM   #1913
eatpasta
Lawnmower Target

Oddometer: 9,987

Oh cmon.... you know someone is going to do it.

Still.... its better than one of those windjammers...... which someone is going to do too
Originally Posted by Burnszilla
I was SO high, I could have hunted duck with a rake
Quote:
Originally Posted by VxZeroKnots View Post
MX stuff isn't my cup of tea, but falling down the side of a mountain is
eatpasta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 08:51 AM   #1914
Dave in Wi
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,909
Quote:
Originally Posted by eatpasta View Post

Still.... its better than one of those windjammers...... which someone is going to do too
I bet someone will put a Windjammer on. For the longest time you couldn't give them away, in the last couple of years I've seen them for sale on Craigslist & presumably selling. They will come around again, just like Pabst beer.
1988 DT50
"Daddy, it's five o'clock sometime!"
Dave in Wi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 08:58 AM   #1915
eatpasta
Lawnmower Target

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave in Wi View Post
I bet someone will put a Windjammer on. For the longest time you couldn't give them away, in the last couple of years I've seen them for sale on Craigslist & presumably selling. They will come around again, just like Pabst beer.
BOTH of which are disgusting.....

one of my CB400F's had a windjammer on it from the original owner....and a tow hitch

Quote:
Old 03-12-2013, 10:21 AM   #1916
Ham
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 274
Great pics. Who makes those riding pants the dude who is zipping up his coat has. I like how they appear to have a protected but flexible knee but not so bulky like so much of the adventure riding gear. I know a bit off topic but you have to find your opportunities:)
Ham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 11:37 AM   #1917
Bugz
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 122
Quote:
Originally Posted by eatpasta View Post

Oh cmon.... you know someone is going to do it.

I Actually want to put on touratech panniers. They are just so handy

I try to reason myself. Literally every dual sport on the market would have better fuel consumption, wind protection, rage and luggage capabilities and would be a better travel bike and still I want this and I'll do anything to make it happen

A CBF1000 is nice as well, and available in Europe. Which also has better luggage capabilities, range, wind protection bla bla bla

Did I already tell you I actually like the look of those black touratech panniers on the 1100 ?
Bugz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 02:50 PM   #1918
eatpasta
Lawnmower Target

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bugz View Post
I Actually want to put on touratech panniers. They are just so handy

Did I already tell you I actually like the look of those black touratech panniers on the 1100 ?
I would totally fab a mounting rack for the zegas off my GS if I had this thing! It would make it soooo much easier to go to the market after work
Quote:
Old 03-12-2013, 04:50 PM   #1919
siyeh
Lawn Nazi

Oddometer: 1,474
no idea what kind of bags these are

maybe someone here can help?

siyeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 04:54 PM   #1920
eatpasta
Lawnmower Target

I think they did a pretty dammed good job with that thing.....Ive always thought Honda DOHC motors were the coolest looking.
Im not totally smitten with the tank - I liked the slightly more angular F tank from the 80's but all in all..... a pretty good looking bike!

Quote: