Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-14-2013, 08:09 AM   #1966
skysailor
Rat Rider

Oddometer: 3,299
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guth View Post
They're only bringing ONE into central Canada, 75 for NA isn't all that far fetched.
Lyle
skysailor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 08:45 AM   #1967
davevv
One more old rider

Oddometer: 2,309
It's likely the cost of getting the bike approved for sale in two different countries is more than the profit generated from the sale of 75 bikes. Why would Honda want to limit their sales to this point? Is demand in the rest of the world eating up that much of their production capacity? Hard to believe for Honda.
davevv is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 09:29 AM   #1968
OldF7Guy
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 282
Quote:
Originally Posted by davevv View Post
It's likely the cost of getting the bike approved for sale in two different countries is more than the profit generated from the sale of 75 bikes. Why would Honda want to limit their sales to this point? Is demand in the rest of the world eating up that much of their production capacity? Hard to believe for Honda.
Honda does not want to limit their sales. This is dealer BS. I have seen this horse and pony show too many times. I am a Mustang guy and have seen this over and over with Boss 302's, Shelby GT500s ect..... If motorcycles are anything like cars most dealers will get one Cb to start with as they come into production. I used to get mad at dealers for adding ADM's to these cars but really it was the fools who paid the big price that ran up the tab for everybody else down the road.

I can tell you with certainty I am not playing these BS games with dealers period. I traveled 1000 miles to buy my last Mustang and wont hesitate to do it with a CB1100 either.
OldF7Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 09:44 AM   #1969
eatpasta
Lawnmower Target

Oddometer: 9,791
only around 15k CB1100F's from 1983 are out there as far as I know... but that was only a one year bike
Originally Posted by Burnszilla
I was SO high, I could have hunted duck with a rake
Quote:
Originally Posted by VxZeroKnots View Post
MX stuff isn't my cup of tea, but falling down the side of a mountain is
eatpasta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 10:41 AM   #1970
M3-SRT8
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 268
Quote:
Pure, unadulterated B.S.

Honda wouldn't spend all this money homolgating it, promoting it at bike shows, inviting reviewers to test ride it, etc, if they weren't bringing in a sizeable quantity. Period.
M3-SRT8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 11:11 AM   #1971
Guth
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 149
Quote:
Originally Posted by skysailor View Post
They're only bringing ONE into central Canada, 75 for NA isn't all that far fetched.
Lyle
Where did you obtain this information?

For anyone that is curious or suspicious about me due to my post - I am not a dealer. As I mentioned early on after joining this forum, this will be the first new motorcycle that I've ever purchased. It's the first time I've ever placed a deposit on a vehicle of any sort. I've read a few things here that have given me pause, but I'm capable of making my own purchasing decisions. I found that particular ad last night, and while it seemed less than truthful to me, I still thought it would be worth asking about as many here seem to be receiving much more detailed information from their dealers than I am from mine.

If my posts bother any of you enough to go off on a hate-filled rant, I'd suggest that you might be spending too much time on Internet forums and not enough time with your bike(s).
Guth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 11:32 AM   #1972
Mobiker
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,468
I just came one of my local Honda dealers. He said they should get 2 in April. One abs, one non. He said there has been a lot of interest due to the "classic looks with modern performance".

He didn't say if they could get more or not, just that they had ordered two.
Mobiker is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 11:34 AM   #1973
eatpasta
Lawnmower Target

Quote:
If my posts bother any of you enough to go off on a hate-filled rant, I'd suggest that you might be spending too much time on Internet forums and not enough time with your bike(s).

This comment was executed in an intelligent manner and is far too polite for this ADV forum. May I suggest ending with the word "bitch" next time?

Quote:
Old 03-14-2013, 11:46 AM   #1974
dpg
Adventurer

Oddometer: 86
Quote:
Originally Posted by eatpasta View Post
This comment was executed in an intelligent manner and is far too polite for this ADV forum. May I suggest ending with the word "bitch" next time?

That observation was voiced quite eloquently. Thank you so much for keeping our "nicest people on a cb1100" thread so civilized........bitch!

I'm thinking it would probably be a very wise move to buy two cb1100s. If Honda only imports 75 bikes total to the U.S. That will only leave me with 74 bikes to cannabilize from for the next 30 years. Obviously Honda won't be providing parts on a one year and done model. Oh the humanity of it all.
dpg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 11:50 AM   #1975
eatpasta
Lawnmower Target

Quote:
Originally Posted by dpg View Post
That observation was voiced quite eloquently. Thank you so much for keeping our "nicest people on a cb1100" thread so civilized bitch!

The CB1100 thread; informative AND educational!
Quote:
Old 03-14-2013, 12:37 PM   #1976
The other Ferret
Motorcycle nut

Oddometer: 269
Quote:
Originally Posted by M3-SRT8 View Post
I checked both links. No flyshield for cb1100.

Im guessing they will be

I have a deflector shield, its handlebar mounted to anything with a 7/8" handlebar. If the CB has a 7/8" handlebar it will bolt right on.

Btw if I owned a Griso, I'd have the set recovered in black.

The other Ferret screwed with this post 03-14-2013 at 12:44 PM
The other Ferret is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 01:00 PM   #1977
Roadscum
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,645
My local dealer proved feedback to Honda last year that they would not order any CB1100's cause it wouldn't sell in the local market. I asked why he did not seem to having that problem with the Triumph Classics, his #1 seller! His eyes went blank!

Local dealer has no clue about the market or about marketing..... Old school dealership, buy what I got cause it's what you want!

I suspect there are other dealer out there the same ignorance.

Regards, Paul
Old 03-14-2013, 02:14 PM   #1978
kraven
Hegelian Scum

Oddometer: 4,714
Quote:
Originally Posted by dpg View Post
I'm thinking it would probably be a very wise move to buy two cb1100s. If Honda only imports 75 bikes total to the U.S. That will only leave me with 74 bikes to cannabilize from for the next 30 years. Obviously Honda won't be providing parts on a one year and done model. Oh the humanity of it all.
This gave me legitimate intertubes laughter of the audible sort, bitch.

My local dealer, once notorious as a bunch of shitbags, will tackle you if you walk in the door now. They're tight lipped on how many they are allocated. But, they've got so many people asking about them that a few staff have mentioned dealer trades already in the works.

But if Honda or Yamaha would let me, I'd go to the IMS and run my card there, then wait by the mailbox for UPS to bring my bike. I wouldn't go in another dealer to buy a bike ever again. I'm sick of the Lemco nonsense.
Old 03-14-2013, 02:20 PM   #1979
dirtdreamer50
long time rider

Oddometer: 1,016
on-line purchasing

Isn't that the thing on the interweb with auto sales, currently? Pick a model, get a quote, do the paperwork, all on-line, and the car/truck is even delivered to your door step, in some cases...

The last two new bikes I bought, both took almost eight hrs each to complete the deal. Way too much time to simply take a motorcycle home...tp

dirtdreamer50 screwed with this post 03-14-2013 at 02:48 PM
dirtdreamer50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 02:30 PM   #1980
kraven
Hegelian Scum

Oddometer: 4,714
Quote:
Originally Posted by dirtdreamer50 View Post
Isn't that the thing on the interweb with auto sales, currently? Pick a model, get a quote, do the paperwork, all on-line, and the car/truck is even delivered to your door step, in some cases...

The last two new bikes I bought, both too almost eight hrs each to complete the deal. Way too much time to simply take a motorcycle home...tp
Yep.
You can cut the time short if you do your finance work ahead of time, use a RedCard, or other branded manufacturer's revolving credit card, bank line of credit, etc.
I'm not gonna stand in a bike shop all day long and waste my day waiting on the FandI people to figure out which finance company will offer them a better gift card to Best Buy for financing with them, or who will give them a free bowl of soup for talking me into loan insurance.

I'd buy more bikes if I could buy online. So, it's probably good I can't.