User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-15-2013, 04:53 PM   #1996
dpg
Adventurer

Oddometer: 86
Back in the Saddle!

Wahoo! Just got back from my first ride of the year. Put over 100 mi. on my CBR250. I usually avoid riding on Fridays due to the lack of attention by cagers. I must have seen 7 accidents while I was riding out in the sticks. I guess people started drinking early today. The first hour, I kept thinking, why do I need anything besides this sweet little machine? The last two hours I was thinking it sure would be nice to have a bike with a little more oomp that I didn't have to wring the shit out of everywhere I go that would have a little less boy racer ergos. Can't wait to finally see the cb1100 and sit on it. I think I will really appreciate being able to just cruise and cruise and cruise. I also think the wife has no idea how much more she will like the cb1100 than the cbr250. Don't get me wrong it is an absolutely frign great little bike for what it is but I think I will really really appreciate the welcomed differences that the 1100 will provide for me. I feel very lucky to be in a position to afford such a needless toy when so many people have so much less. But you only live once and I have earned every last dollar.
dpg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 05:21 PM   #1997
Mobiker
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,541
Quote:
Originally Posted by dpg View Post
Wahoo! Just got back from my first ride of the year. Put over 100 mi. on my CBR250. I usually avoid riding on Fridays due to the lack of attention by cagers. I must have seen 7 accidents while I was riding out in the sticks. I guess people started drinking early today. The first hour, I kept thinking, why do I need anything besides this sweet little machine? The last two hours I was thinking it sure would be nice to have a bike with a little more oomp that I didn't have to wring the shit out of everywhere I go that would have a little less boy racer ergos. Can't wait to finally see the cb1100 and sit on it. I think I will really appreciate being able to just cruise and cruise and cruise. I also think the wife has no idea how much more she will like the cb1100 than the cbr250. Don't get me wrong it is an absolutely frign great little bike for what it is but I think I will really really appreciate the welcomed differences that the 1100 will provide for me. I feel very lucky to be in a position to afford such a needless toy when so many people have so much less. But you only live once and I have earned every last dollar.
Me too! 94 miles of twistys. I'm still pumped.
Mobiker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 05:57 PM   #1998
dirtdreamer50
long time rider

Oddometer: 1,029
Rode about 130 miles. Started to stop at my Honda shop, but I knew the CB wouldn't be there, and that something else may attract me, instead. That's a no-no at this time, so I just rode the other way. tp
dirtdreamer50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 06:18 PM   #1999
HapHazard
t00 0ld 2b n00b

Oddometer: 2,184
Quote:
Originally Posted by dpg View Post
I can definitely identify with your experience. The first ride of the year, ANY bike feels like a rocketship after the long, slow, cold winter of truck or car steering. Then, as you get used to it, it seems normal (or slower).

This winter has been miserable here. Late historic snow falls, ridiculous amounts of salt and sand still all over the road, and my long gravel (mostly mud) driveway has made this the longest winter layover yet. And it's not over yet - long range forecast is for cold temps and lots of mixed precip for the rest of the month!
HapHazard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 06:22 PM   #2000
Plungerhead
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 108
Quote:
Originally Posted by eatpasta View Post
I know but you know as well as I do, sometimes the waiting is the best part. Just think about how sweet it will be to finally take delivery!

I'm having trouble agreeing with THAT comment!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I know of you, and respect you for the fact that you once owned an 1100F (I'm aka inline4 on cb1100f.net; and others), but the extremely vague arrival date of this new 1100 has kept me from a decent nights sleep for over a month now! Waiting is the WORST part of all this! I won't rest until this beauty is in my garage.
Plungerhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 07:24 PM   #2001
The other Ferret
Motorcycle nut

Oddometer: 269
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bugz View Post
Interesting set of bikes. How did you like the st 1300?

Nowadays it's considered a bit old tech compared to all the new bmw gizmo shizzle (though they break down ) but everytime I hear one of them riding on the street that V4 just sound like an absolute gem.

It sounds like it will never break. I'd be afraid of the static weight though. And I just really like the looks of the cb1100

The st 1300 must be an awesome bike for long stretches of highway I guess

Bugz...it is an interesting group of bikes because they all suit a different purpose. The ST 1300 is our two up touring bike and your right it is superb if not a little old school. The only trick thing on it is the windshield which goes up and down at the push of a button. My wife and I have ridden it from Ohio to Bar Harbor Maine, down the BRP to North Carolina and the Dragon, to the UP of Michigan and last year we toured Montana, Idaho, Washington, Oregon and Wyoming. It is a heavy sob, but you dont feel it once moving.Like all Hondas it is just efficient at what it does.

The 750 Nighthawk and the T 100 it replaced (and the CB1100 which will replace the Nighthawk) are my naked roadster. Mostly a solo Sunday morning rider in state, and mostly in a 5 county area of my home.Meet my brother for breakfast or lunch someplace and cruise around for a couple hours.

The FZ-1 is my sport bike/solo sport tourer which Ive ridden to Kentucky, Indiana, North Carolina, and West Virginia. It's light, it's very fast, it handles really well, it's got awesome brakes. Throw on a tank bag and some soft luggage and it shines as a solo sport tourer. A very very nice motorcycle. Depending on how good the CB 1100 is, I may sell the FZ-1 or may keep it for when I'm feeling really frisky for some twistys. Haven't decided yet.

The two Majestys are a his and her set of 400 cc scooters. Bought my wife the 09 new so she could ride some on her own, but I enjoyed riding hers so much I bought myself a used 06. Scooters are a lot of fun. Tonight was a guys movie night at my sons FIL to eat fried chicken and watch Skyfall, ( new Bond movie). 50 degrees out with a chance of rain, so I rode the scooter. It was only 10 miles round trip. No muss no fuss.Gas and go.Good wind protection and loads of storage in the trunk and under the seat...and 65 mpg! Need something from the hardware store or a couple grocery items, jump on the scooter.
The other Ferret is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 07:28 PM   #2002
dpg
Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirtdreamer50 View Post
Rode about 130 miles. Started to stop at my Honda shop, but I knew the CB wouldn't be there, and that something else may attract me, instead. That's a no-no at this time, so I just rode the other way. tp
I passed right by an open Honda Dealership as well. I too knew the cb1100 would not be present. However, I knew that there would be NOTHING in there that is truly intriguing at this point and time. Although I do miss my Ruckus....Seriously I do! I love Honda but l haven't been inspired by a Honda since the cb-1 which I never even got to ride. GB500 was definitely another one.The VFR500 interceptor and the newer shadow phantom isn't bad. But really very few bikes from Honda have done it for me since the Hondas of the early 70's until the cb1100.
Old 03-15-2013, 07:34 PM   #2003
dirtdreamer50
long time rider

Oddometer: 1,029
Besides Hondas, the dealer also sells BMWs, Kawis, and KTMs. They also always have a great assortment of quality used bikes. I missed out on a Super Duke R recently, and still regret that.
dirtdreamer50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 07:50 PM   #2004
dpg
Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirtdreamer50 View Post
Besides Hondas, the dealer also sells BMWs, Kawis, and KTMs. They also always have a great assortment of quality used bikes. I missed out on a Super Duke R recently, and still regret that.
Oh!!! yes, I would have definitely stopped to check it out in that case. Hey, at least you got to spend more time on your bike.
Old 03-15-2013, 10:38 PM   #2005
Guth
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 149
I've been commuting on my Hawk GT throughout the winter unless the weather has been just too nasty. Last weekend was my first chance to just go out and simply ride for the sake of riding very enjoyable. Every now and then I'd wonder what it might feel like to be out on the CB1100. Guess that will have to suffice for now.
Guth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 11:34 PM   #2006
OldF7Guy
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 290
Check out this video. This is the guy that has the crazy seat but WTF is up with this cover?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uIAr1XK8tV4

I dont believe I have ever seen anything like this before.
OldF7Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2013, 01:01 AM   #2007
HondaFanatic
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 393
Quote:
Originally Posted by OldF7Guy View Post
Check out this video. This is the guy that has the crazy seat but WTF is up with this cover?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uIAr1XK8tV4

I dont believe I have ever seen anything like this before.

Dude, that is way trick! You can just sit and watch it go round and round and round and round
HondaFanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2013, 02:53 AM   #2008
OldF7Guy
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 290
Quote:
Originally Posted by HondaFanatic View Post
Dude, that is way trick! You can just sit and watch it go round and round and round and round
Yeah, I guess so. Here is another vid from the same guy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xECCp2bTE6E

Watch the oil splash around in this one. I do like the engine guard and rack though.

And here is a different one just cause Im bored. Notice it has mph and says it was delivered in Feb. First one I have seen that wasnt in kph.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UeDJE...endscreen&NR=1
OldF7Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2013, 04:20 AM   #2009
Bugz
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 122
Quote:
Originally Posted by OldF7Guy View Post
Yeah, I guess so. Here is another vid from the same guy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xECCp2bTE6E

Watch the oil splash around in this one. I do like the engine guard and rack though.

And here is a different one just cause Im bored. Notice it has mph and says it was delivered in Feb. First one I have seen that wasnt in kph.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UeDJE...endscreen&NR=1
That kind of clutch cover just looks soooo wrong on this bike and I'm not even talking about the seat!

Cover is kind of cool though.
Bugz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2013, 04:21 AM   #2010
Bugz
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 122
Quote:
Originally Posted by The other Ferret View Post
Bugz...it is an interesting group of bikes because they all suit a different purpose. The ST 1300 is our two up touring bike and your right it is superb if not a little old school. The only trick thing on it is the windshield which goes up and down at the push of a button. My wife and I have ridden it from Ohio to Bar Harbor Maine, down the BRP to North Carolina and the Dragon, to the UP of Michigan and last year we toured Montana, Idaho, Washington, Oregon and Wyoming. It is a heavy sob, but you dont feel it once moving.Like all Hondas it is just efficient at what it does.

The 750 Nighthawk and the T 100 it replaced (and the CB1100 which will replace the Nighthawk) are my naked roadster. Mostly a solo Sunday morning rider in state, and mostly in a 5 county area of my home.Meet my brother for breakfast or lunch someplace and cruise around for a couple hours.

The FZ-1 is my sport bike/solo sport tourer which Ive ridden to Kentucky, Indiana, North Carolina, and West Virginia. It's light, it's very fast, it handles really well, it's got awesome brakes. Throw on a tank bag and some soft luggage and it shines as a solo sport tourer. A very very nice motorcycle. Depending on how good the CB 1100 is, I may sell the FZ-1 or may keep it for when I'm feeling really frisky for some twistys. Haven't decided yet.

The two Majestys are a his and her set of 400 cc scooters. Bought my wife the 09 new so she could ride some on her own, but I enjoyed riding hers so much I bought myself a used 06. Scooters are a lot of fun. Tonight was a guys movie night at my sons FIL to eat fried chicken and watch Skyfall, ( new Bond movie). 50 degrees out with a chance of rain, so I rode the scooter. It was only 10 miles round trip. No muss no fuss.Gas and go.Good wind protection and loads of storage in the trunk and under the seat...and 65 mpg! Need something from the hardware store or a couple grocery items, jump on the scooter.
Thanks! Awesome garage.
Bugz is offline   Reply With Quote