Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-16-2013, 06:46 AM   #2011
PAULIBIKER
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 214
Quote:
Originally Posted by OldF7Guy View Post
Check out this video. This is the guy that has the crazy seat but WTF is up with this cover?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uIAr1XK8tV4

I dont believe I have ever seen anything like this before.

A lot of Vmax guys have them. The clear cover for the water pump is a lot cooler than the clutch cover.

The seat cover is just WRONG.
PAULIBIKER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2013, 07:06 AM   #2012
The other Ferret
Motorcycle nut

Oddometer: 269
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bugz View Post
Thanks! Awesome garage.
thanks, my hope is the CB 1100 provides a pleasurable enough riding experience (Honda's goal in it's design) that it will make the FZ-1 obsolete in my garage.

I don't think there is any one bike that can satisfy all my needs though. That would be asking lot! Good thing I have no desire to ride off of asphalt
The other Ferret is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2013, 08:08 AM   #2013
siyeh
Lawn Nazi

Oddometer: 1,472
Quote:
Originally Posted by The other Ferret View Post
I don't think there is any one bike that can satisfy all my needs though.
this statement is oh so true

in 40 years of buying motorcycles, I've yet to find that ONE

it is impossible I tell ya
siyeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2013, 08:11 AM   #2014
dirtdreamer50
long time rider

Oddometer: 1,016
Quote:
Originally Posted by OldF7Guy View Post
Check out this video. This is the guy that has the crazy seat but WTF is up with this cover?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uIAr1XK8tV4

I dont believe I have ever seen anything like this before.
That suppose to be snake skin? Sadly, the black and white fit the bike better than the brown of the Guzzi would. I've seen the snake skin used on custom choppers in recent years, but it was used on a small single seat, not a UJM long seat.

Siyeh, gotta agree, there. Currently down to three great bikes, but they may all be gone this time next year, with three-four others taking their places. Too many bikes, too few years left to ride them all. to dd50

dirtdreamer50 screwed with this post 03-16-2013 at 08:17 AM
dirtdreamer50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2013, 09:06 AM   #2015
The other Ferret
Motorcycle nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirtdreamer50 View Post
Currently down to three great bikes, but they may all be gone this time next year, with three-four others taking their places. Too many bikes, too few years left to ride them all. dd50

THIS I can relate to
Old 03-16-2013, 10:07 AM   #2016
brucifer
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,214
Quote:
thanks, my hope is the CB 1100 provides a pleasurable enough riding experience (Honda's goal in it's design) that it will make the FZ-1 obsolete in my garage.

I don't think there is any one bike that can satisfy all my needs though. That would be asking lot! Good thing I have no desire to ride off of asphalt
Man, I don't know about giving up your FZ1. I feel they're one of the best all-around street bikes I've ever owned. Had a blue '02 with an Ivans jet kit, Muzzy slip-on and Zero Gravity screen--loved it but sold it for something else. Having gone through a few bikes since then I realized how great of a bike it really was and bought another--'02 black with the same mods only a Yoshimura slip-on instead of the Muzzy.
I don't think there's a better bang for the buck sporty street bike going right now than the first gen. FZ1.

I hope this new CB1100 is a hit here in the states. The fact that it exists is proof the air cooled engine is not dead.
Old 03-16-2013, 11:30 AM   #2017
The other Ferret
Motorcycle nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by brucifer View Post
Man, I don't know about giving up your FZ1. I feel they're one of the best all-around street bikes I've ever owned. Had a blue '02 with an Ivans jet kit, Muzzy slip-on and Zero Gravity screen--loved it but sold it for something else. Having gone through a few bikes since then I realized how great of a bike it really was and bought another--'02 black with the same mods only a Yoshimura slip-on instead of the Muzzy.
I don't think there's a better bang for the buck sporty street bike going right now than the first gen. FZ1.

I hope this new CB1100 is a hit here in the states. The fact that it exists is proof the air cooled engine is not dead.
Its amazing how many guys have to sell an FZ 1 to realize how good of a motorcycle they are. Myself included. I bought a new 04 FZ rode it for a year and sold it to my son. 6 months later I realized I had made a mistake and bought the used 01. Now my son and I ride together on. Our FZs. Agreed ...one of the most underrated street bikes available.

Son and I and sons fil in West Va

Old 03-16-2013, 12:31 PM   #2018
OldF7Guy
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 290
Quote:

I hear you. Every motorcycle is a compromise of sorts. I want about 3 different ones and I even want a scooter!! Reality and my checkbook says otherwise. So, I have done a lot of soul searching trying to find the one that I think would be the best compromise for my style of riding and what I want it to do.

I have bounced all over the place and keep coming back to the CB1100 and I have not even seen one yet let alone rode one. Something about it just feels right on paper and in the pictures if that makes any sense.
OldF7Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 08:18 AM   #2019
The other Ferret
Motorcycle nut

Btw the soft luggage on my FZ will naturally be the same luggage I use if travelling on the CB. That set is made by Nelson Rigg. I also have a set by Cortech. The NR set is a little larger and holds more.

On a side note, it's snowing again can't ride anything now. When will this crap be over with?
Old 03-17-2013, 08:40 AM   #2020
dirtdreamer50
long time rider

I've been using the NR Spirit 50 bags for a few years, now They work great. As to the weather, it's gonna be 82 here today. The snow will give you a good excuse to watch the Daytona 200 on Speed, though. Great weather here or not, the 200 will be watched. dd50
Old 03-17-2013, 09:07 AM   #2021
The other Ferret
Motorcycle nut

Quote:
I've been using the NR Spirit 50 bags for a few years, now They work great. As to the weather, it's gonna be 82 here today. The snow will give you a good excuse to watch the Daytona 200 on Speed, though. Great weather here or not, the 200 will be watched. dd50
82 thats perfect! Got a text from my buddy in Webb Lake, Wisconcin this morning..it is minus 10 there. I could not live there. Then again I visited a buddy in Mesa, Arizona a couple years ago in September. It was 120 degrees. Could not live there either.
Old 03-17-2013, 09:23 AM   #2022
Oldgoat01
Adventurer

Oddometer: 88
I still want to know what these are (from p.127)
Oldgoat01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 09:35 AM   #2023
dirtdreamer50
long time rider

Quote:
82 thats perfect! Got a text from my buddy in Webb Lake, Wisconcin this morning..it is minus 10 there. I could not live there. Then again I visited a buddy in Mesa, Arizona a couple years ago in September. It was 120 degrees. Could not live there either.
Was talking with a guy on a KTM forum yesterday, who lives in Levi, Lapland, Finland, and it was -35C, or -26F there. He said it's like that most of the winter as they are above the Arctic circle.

Think I'll get a short ride in before the 200 starts. This ride's for you... tomp
Old 03-17-2013, 09:45 AM   #2024
The other Ferret
Motorcycle nut

Quote:
Was talking with a guy on a KTM forum yesterday, who lives in Levi, Lapland, Finland, and it was -35C, or -26F there. He said it's like that most of the winter as they are above the Arctic circle.

Think I'll get a short ride in before the 200 starts. This ride's for you... tomp

That's crazy weather. 26 below. Dayum. Those people are tough!

Thanks, I need that! Hit some nice sweepers please.
Old 03-17-2013, 09:51 AM   #2025
The other Ferret
Motorcycle nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldgoat01 View Post
I still want to know what these are (from p.127)

i googled " lunchbox style saddlebags for motorcycles" did not find those, but many similar styles without the silver on top. You might want to try that and look at some of those. Those might be from Australia or Japan?