Old 03-20-2013, 07:51 PM   #2086
Gham
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,304
Quote:
Originally Posted by Plungerhead View Post
(Sorry about all caps)
JUST GOT A CALL FROM MY DEALER!
I CAN PICK UP MY 1100 FRIDAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!

Wonderfull!!! Can't wait for pics and ride reports!Countdown to farkles.

Society Historicus Revisioniscus
Gham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 08:28 PM   #2087
Dav101
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 119
New Honda Signature Series Accessory Line

Good luck, I hope it shows up when you expect it. I was told my ABS was confirmed for April 28th. I'm not too stressed about it because I have other bikes to play with and the weather isn't exactly rider enjoyable yet. My favorite parts of the year are in the Fall when the bugs are gone. ...And the window coming up soon in spring where we get warm days and the bugs haven't started up yet.

Anyway, I was talking with my favorite parts guy at the local dealer a few weeks ago and he told me Honda is about to introduce a new (read expensive) accessory line that will start up in April online for some of their select model offerings. He said these parts will have a fit and finish a grade above Honda's normal excellent offerings. I was in today and he said he already got some info on new windshields for some ATV's that are in this "Signature Series" as Honda will be calling it. He said not all the models will get accessories, just the important ones. I started thinking about the CB naturally and he agreed that would probably be one of the key models that gets the deluxe offerings. He thinks we may get some of the Japan only accessories in this line.

If anyone follows up on this, ask the old forgotten type guy that's been running the parts department for the last 20 years at your local dealer because I doubt the hot shot sales guys will know anything about it yet. That's where we will get our top boxes and saddle bag offerings for this bike I'm betting. I know it would blow everyone's minds here if they offered other pipe options in the new line.

I showed him the link for the White House Fender and jokingly told him a while ago to go get me one cheap. Today he told me he has been in contact with the White House people through email and on the phone (yes evidently he spoke to a woman speaking unaccented english) and is waiting to get approval to sell their parts locally. The White House people check out the dealers' website to qualify them evidently. Quite the discount they offer legit dealers too. He said he was checking on a part with them for another customer after discovering some of their offerings (CB unrelated) and when he gets enough to order shipping can be free. Voila.

Just goes to show you those little unsung heroes working in the doldrums of your local Honda shops are the ones that really can get things done for you when you treat them right.
Dav101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 09:12 PM   #2088
Plungerhead
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 108
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dav101 View Post
Good luck, I hope it shows up when you expect it. I was told my ABS was confirmed for April 28th. I'm not too stressed about it because I have other bikes to play with and the weather isn't exactly rider enjoyable yet. My favorite parts of the year are in the Fall when the bugs are gone. ...And the window coming up soon in spring where we get warm days and the bugs haven't started up yet.

Anyway, I was talking with my favorite parts guy at the local dealer a few weeks ago and he told me Honda is about to introduce a new (read expensive) accessory line that will start up in April online for some of their select model offerings. He said these parts will have a fit and finish a grade above Honda's normal excellent offerings. I was in today and he said he already got some info on new windshields for some ATV's that are in this "Signature Series" as Honda will be calling it. He said not all the models will get accessories, just the important ones. I started thinking about the CB naturally and he agreed that would probably be one of the key models that gets the deluxe offerings. He thinks we may get some of the Japan only accessories in this line.

If anyone follows up on this, ask the old forgotten type guy that's been running the parts department for the last 20 years at your local dealer because I doubt the hot shot sales guys will know anything about it yet. That's where we will get our top boxes and saddle bag offerings for this bike I'm betting. I know it would blow everyone's minds here if they offered other pipe options in the new line.

I showed him the link for the White House Fender and jokingly told him a while ago to go get me one cheap. Today he told me he has been in contact with the White House people through email and on the phone (yes evidently he spoke to a woman speaking unaccented english) and is waiting to get approval to sell their parts locally. The White House people check out the dealers' website to qualify them evidently. Quite the discount they offer legit dealers too. He said he was checking on a part with them for another customer after discovering some of their offerings (CB unrelated) and when he gets enough to order shipping can be free. Voila.

Just goes to show you those little unsung heroes working in the doldrums of your local Honda shops are the ones that really can get things done for you when you treat them right.
WOW! Great post! Thanks for all this info. It will be nice to have this knowledge when the time comes to shopping for exhausts, bags, windscreens, well ya'll get the picture.
Plungerhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 09:25 PM   #2089
Plungerhead
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 108
I was at work when I got the call from my dealer (work 2-10 today and Thursday), so I had to use the store PC to announce the scheduled pick up date. I've pretty much been breathless and unable to focus on anything else since that call.
You guys have really put the pressure on me to write a real-life ride report!
I'm just an old retailer that LOVES motorcycling and will do my best to satisfy everyone's need for info. Ya know what???????????
I'm friggin' delighted to give the first 'commoners" ride report here on this forum!!!!! The only reason I joined ADV Rider in the first place was because of the long discussion on the 1100 that I started following after a google search.
OK, enough rambling. The weather for the next few days here isn't looking real good, but I DON'T CARE!!!!!!!!! This bike will be in my garage Friday night!
Plungerhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 10:57 PM   #2090
Guth
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 149
Jeez, I didn't get a chance to check in on the site until tonight what a day to miss. Congratulations Plungerhead! I'm really looking forward to your impressions of this bike.
Guth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 07:45 AM   #2091
ARDirt
Adventurer

Oddometer: 49
My local dealer just got one in. I sat on it, listened to it run, checked it over, and wiped my drool off it several times. Was in my work close and the weather was a bit to cool to ride without the right gear. The only concern I have is the position of the pegs. They seemed to be back a little further than I expected and a little higher that left me feeling just a bit cramped. Didn't initially feel as comfortable as the Bonne but reserving judgement on that until I have a chance to do a demo ride.
ARDirt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 07:59 AM   #2092
bafrench
Adventurer

Oddometer: 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by ARDirt View Post
My local dealer just got one in.
You didn't get any pictures?
bafrench is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 08:15 AM   #2093
Nolaw
Mark Lawless

Oddometer: 9
New to forum...
Rebuilt my originally owned '78 CB750F3 with my 22 year old son to the frame and it came out amazing. I gave it to him as a christmas present and now my garage is "jonesing" for for a seventies style CB!! I've been riding a cruiser for 13 years and I'm thinking I NEED a sleek naked UJM ride in addition for cutting lanes in San Dego traffic...
Enough backgrounder. My question to the forum is regarding the 4 to 1 headers. If you look at all the videos and even still pictures, I notice that the four individual pipes from the header to the joint where they combine to one are all yellowed and browned out. My '78 with a kerker header now 34 years old had some bluing near the top but nothing like the dicoloration I am noticing on these new pipes. I read somewhere that the CB1100s are set up to run lean. Is this the issue or just a cheap chrome job/material? I will probably be changing out the air filters to a K&N system and aftermarket headers as available and reasonable priced but until then is there a preventative way to avoid this unfortunate discoloration issue? A beautiful babe with ugly discolored teeth... I'd still "do her" but prefer perfection!
Nolaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 08:47 AM   #2094
OldF7Guy
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 291
Quote:
My local dealer just got one in. I sat on it, listened to it run, checked it over, and wiped my drool off it several times. Was in my work close and the weather was a bit to cool to ride without the right gear. The only concern I have is the position of the pegs. They seemed to be back a little further than I expected and a little higher that left me feeling just a bit cramped. Didn't initially feel as comfortable as the Bonne but reserving judgement on that until I have a chance to do a demo ride.
How tall are you? I am worried about the seat being too high for me. When I had my Sportster (forward controls, and I hated them) I used to ride with my feet on the back pegs all of the time cruising down the interstates. Small is good for me but I have serious concerns about the seat height.

Sometimes the seat can be low but wide and spread your ass out too much or at least mine. When you are vertically challenged it is an absolute pain in the ass to find a bike that you can ride and feel confident on.
OldF7Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 08:52 AM   #2095
Oldgoat01
Adventurer

Oddometer: 88
Quote:
I'm curious. Where is the dealer? As I've stated before, at 6' and 32" inseam, I felt I was at the outer limit of fit and may well look at the higher seat. However, I am coming off an '07 BMW X-country with a much higher seating position so that probably plays into it for me. Interestingly, the Bonnie was much less comfortable for me.
Oldgoat01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 09:02 AM   #2096
OldF7Guy
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 291
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nolaw View Post
New to forum...
Rebuilt my originally owned '78 CB750F3 with my 22 year old son to the frame and it came out amazing. I gave it to him as a christmas present and now my garage is "jonesing" for for a seventies style CB!! I've been riding a cruiser for 13 years and I'm thinking I NEED a sleek naked UJM ride in addition for cutting lanes in San Dego traffic...
Enough backgrounder. My question to the forum is regarding the 4 to 1 headers. If you look at all the videos and even still pictures, I notice that the four individual pipes from the header to the joint where they combine to one are all yellowed and browned out. My '78 with a kerker header now 34 years old had some bluing near the top but nothing like the dicoloration I am noticing on these new pipes. I read somewhere that the CB1100s are set up to run lean. Is this the issue or just a cheap chrome job/material? I will probably be changing out the air filters to a K&N system and aftermarket headers as available and reasonable priced but until then is there a preventative way to avoid this unfortunate discoloration issue? A beautiful babe with ugly discolored teeth... I'd still "do her" but prefer perfection!
I cant answer your question specifically but I suspect the CB does run lean to meet emission standards. Everything these days runs lean right out of the factory pretty much.
OldF7Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 09:03 AM   #2097
Nolaw
Mark Lawless

Yellowing pic

http://motorcycles.about.com/od/hond...-Classic_3.htm
Old 03-21-2013, 09:12 AM   #2098
Nolaw
Mark Lawless

With fuel injection would you need a computer to make it run richer or r u locked into factory settings. Since it is not a carburetor do you re jet when changing out air intake and header systems. I'm old school regarding fuel injection systems ala don't know the first thing...
Old 03-21-2013, 09:17 AM   #2099
eatpasta
Lawnmower Target

Oddometer: 10,169
Quote:
Originally Posted by Plungerhead View Post
You guys have really put the pressure on me to write a real-life ride report!
damm skippy!

in fact, you might want to take Friday off just so that you can get enough miles in to make it properly worth while....

Originally Posted by Burnszilla
I was SO high, I could have hunted duck with a rake
Quote:
Originally Posted by VxZeroKnots View Post
MX stuff isn't my cup of tea, but falling down the side of a mountain is
eatpasta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 09:40 AM   #2100
Nolaw
Mark Lawless

Discoloration of header pic