Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-28-2013, 06:48 PM   #2431
The other Ferret
Motorcycle nut

Oddometer: 269
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scoobynut View Post
Not sure I can afford them now! I did save the part number for them from your original post though..

Lol...wait till you see mine, you wont be able to resist
The other Ferret is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 06:53 PM   #2432
The other Ferret
Motorcycle nut

Oddometer: 269
http://www.totalmotorcycle.com/model...a-CB750K0a.jpg
The other Ferret is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 07:28 PM   #2433
dirtdreamer50
long time rider

Oddometer: 856
I am really pi$$ed that my dealer wanted to offer me three thousand less than my trade was worth to get the 1100. I was the only one on the list to see the 1100. I really want one but can't take a $3k hit in six weeks... Hopefully something good will happen about this sooner than later. You guys are killing me with all the great posts on YOUR bikes..... tp
dirtdreamer50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 07:30 PM   #2434
Scoobynut
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 379
Quote:
Originally Posted by dirtdreamer50 View Post
I am really pi$$ed that my dealer wanted to offer me three thousand less than my trade was worth to get the 1100. I was the only one on the list to see the 1100. I really want one but can't take a $3k hit in six weeks... Hopefully something good will happen about this sooner than later. You guys are killing me with all the great posts on YOUR bikes..... tp
I'd say at this point you have two options:

1.) Find a different dealer
2.) Sell your bike privately and order your CB afterwards.

Sucks, but that's what I'd do.
2008 Yamaha WR250R
1988 Honda Hawk GT
Scoobynut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 07:41 PM   #2435
jly51
Adventurer

Oddometer: 32
CB1100 in west Tennessee for $9000.00 OTD if out of state,plus tax in tennessee-no bs fees.Give them a call at 731 885-1792.
jly51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 07:44 PM   #2436
dirtdreamer50
long time rider

scooby, I agree, but since I've bought eleven bikes from the dealer I expected a little better consideration. Should have known better, as we are thankfully still a capitalistic profit motivated country. I'm gonna get with my guy again tomorrow to see if he will work with me... tp
Old 03-28-2013, 07:53 PM   #2437
Scoobynut
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
scooby, I agree, but since I've bought eleven bikes from the dealer I expected a little better consideration. Should have known better, as we are thankfully still a capitalistic profit motivated country. I'm gonna get with my guy again tomorrow to see if he will work with me... tp
Eleven bikes and they won't work with you? That's just wrong, truly it is. What are you trying to trade if you don't mind me asking? I hope it works out for you in the end.
2008 Yamaha WR250R
1988 Honda Hawk GT
Old 03-28-2013, 07:57 PM   #2438
OldF7Guy
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 265
Quote:
Originally Posted by The other Ferret View Post
Oil temp warning system

The ECM monitors the oil temperature EOT sensor, TP sensor, CKP sensor, and if oil temp reaches 172 c degrees an oil temp indicator lamp will illuminate to alert the rider. also the ECM will make adjustments to some engine controls to inhibit excessive oil temp when idling or riing at slow speed for long periods in ot weather.
What is the CKP sensor? Sounds like it goes into some sort of limp mode. Who am I to question a Honda engineer but 172C is 341 Fahrenheit and that is hot for oil. Ran across this article and I know it has nothing to do with Honda but it was an interesting read none the less.

http://www.elephantracing.com/techto...emperature.htm

Having an oil cooler on this bike should help tremendously.

Funny how all of the pictures I see of the real bikes people are getting look so much better than the ones on the intra web. And I love the black cooling fins. It just sets the bike off. These things are gorgeous.
OldF7Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 07:59 PM   #2439
dirtdreamer50
long time rider

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scoobynut View Post
Eleven bikes and they won't work with you? That's just wrong, truly it is. What are you trying to trade if you don't mind me asking? I hope it works out for you in the end.
A 2010 KTM Duke 690, now with 2k miles on it, that I purchased from them six weeks ago. Went in to discuss the 1100, and was told that it wouldn't be there for a good while, so I bought the Duke. Oh well, should I take the hickey to get the 1100?

It's only money, if I don't spend it the government will just take it.
Old 03-28-2013, 08:03 PM   #2440
OldF7Guy
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 265
Quote:
A 2010 KTM Duke 690, now with 2k miles on it, that I purchased from them six weeks ago. Went in to discuss the 1100, and was told that it wouldn't be there for a good while, so I bought the Duke. Oh well, should I take the hickey to get the 1100?

I would try to sell it on craigs list or something like that. I have had really good luck selling all kinds of stuff there. Its a little more trouble for a whole lot more money.
OldF7Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 08:11 PM   #2441
Scoobynut
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:

It's only money, but no need to give it away unnecessarily. Your dealer really should show a little sympathy for your situation especially since you would buy another bike from them. Not to mention they probably already made a pretty tidy profit from you on your Duke and if they met you somewhere in the middle, they could probably still make another tidy little profit on the Duke. They have probably had a fair amount of inquiries about the CB1100 so they probably feel like they are in the driver's seat at this point. Six months from now? They might be somewhere between the driver's seat and the passenger's seat.

I guess you could also weigh how much you think you can get in a private sale vs. how far or close they can get to that amount. I'd think that would be a pretty desirable bike in the ADV classifieds, so why not give it a whirl? You can at least get a gauge for where you're at pricewise.
2008 Yamaha WR250R
1988 Honda Hawk GT
Old 03-28-2013, 08:47 PM   #2442
RedRocket
Yeah! I want Cheesy Poofs

Oddometer: 18,745
Quote:
Originally Posted by The other Ferret View Post
If i were going to black powder coat anything on this bik it would be the rear passenger pegs and footpeg brkt. I did that on my FZ-1 and it made those parts virtually disappear.

]

No way! Those rear peg brackets are one of my favorite parts!
RedRocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 09:04 PM   #2443
cogitate
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 4,223
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedRocket View Post
No way! Those rear peg brackets are one of my favorite parts!
+100.

I polished the ones on my Hawk, sweet detail.

My book "If You Look at Your Health in a New Way..." is available here
cogitate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 09:27 PM   #2444
dirtdreamer50
long time rider

http://www.visordown.com/road-tests-...100/22133.html

Hope this link stays on the forum. Great review, but the reviewer states that this 1100 is not an exciting motorcycle, but a smooth, easy to ride one. Also stated, being a naked standard, extended high speed riding is out of the question for this bike. My Duke, also a naked bike, sustained high speed riding isn't great, but in twisties is very exciting.

Please, someone take their bike to some twisties and let me know just how exciting it is. Please and thank you, as this will help me decide whether a change in bikes is worth while and the extra expense...... tomp dd50
Old 03-28-2013, 09:33 PM   #2445
Plungerhead
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 108
Well, all I can say at this point is Congratulations to t o Ferret and the other posters who have or about to, take delivery of this visually stunning, well engineered and executed, homage to THE bike that turned the motorcycling world on its ear back in '69.

Man, I HATE this 2-10pm shift I have to work on Wednesday and Thursday.
I always miss so much, and I find it difficult to respond to everyones' posts the way I would like to.
Of course once the temperature moderates and the rain goes away for a couple of days, I won't be posting anyway.
I have a beautiful CB1100D to break in!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Plungerhead is offline   Reply With Quote