Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-29-2013, 01:42 PM   #2461
Scoobynut
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 429
Quote:
Originally Posted by fragile_this_side_up View Post

i'll have to find a better pic of my dads' w650 with his flyscreen on. it does a really good job of blocking wind. better than you'd expect.
Yep, that's the kind I'm talkin' about.

Skysailor, Full face full time for me. I don't think we have junebugs up here. The grasshoppers get so thick in August, though, they'll paint the bottom half of your pants yellow. Guess it's better than them hitting you in the face.
2008 Yamaha WR250R
1988 Honda Hawk GT
Scoobynut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 01:46 PM   #2462
dpg
Adventurer

Oddometer: 86
Can somebody tell me what the headlight size is on the cb1100 please?

something like this might look good on the cb1100

dpg screwed with this post 03-29-2013 at 02:30 PM
dpg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 02:33 PM   #2463
The other Ferret
Motorcycle nut

Oddometer: 269

The other Ferret is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 02:36 PM   #2464
The other Ferret
Motorcycle nut

Old 03-29-2013, 02:37 PM   #2465
The other Ferret
Motorcycle nut

# 548 is no longer on the market
Old 03-29-2013, 02:46 PM   #2466
Scoobynut
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by The other Ferret View Post
I thought you weren't getting your bike 'til Saturday?!! But good for you! You're the first person to shoot some photos of the bike out in the wild. And thanks for the VIN#. That's three that have been posted so far...yours, mine (#906) and one other, I believe it was #645. You're lowest so far! Thanks for the pics, they're great.
2008 Yamaha WR250R
1988 Honda Hawk GT
Old 03-29-2013, 02:55 PM   #2467
The other Ferret
Motorcycle nut

Picked it up about 3 pm. Had 0 miles on the odo. Now it has 44.

I tried to remember everything I was noticing as I rode. 2 things stuck out the most...absolutely glitch free fueling and a great view out of the rear views. Clutch was easy but engaged close to the grip. Transmission was very smooth but neutral was kind of hard to find. Front brakes were stellar, rear brake was not as strong. I dont think you could lock it up if you wanted to. Handling was great up to the limits I pushed it on my favorite curvy road. Dint want to push it real hard on brand new tires. Exhaust is very quiet.

Before I left he shop 3 people walked up to look at the bike. One knew what it was and said he'd been trying to find one to look at. The other to asked if it was an old bike or a new bike. I guess it's retro enough! Lol

Ergos are pretty good. Bars could be a little closer to me and may be able to adjusted back a bit by loosening and rotating them. Footpegs are a little further back than I expected but not objectionable. I can't flat foot it at a stop, but I have solid balls of the feet down on both sides.

Shop is 9 miles from the house, but I put 44 on it bringing it home
Old 03-29-2013, 02:58 PM   #2468
LostViking
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 864
Quote:
Very Nice, best of luck with it.

Local dealer just called, he is putting one together as I type, going to look at it tomorrow,

Anyone want a super clean, low mile, 2004 R1150RS?
Old 03-29-2013, 03:00 PM   #2469
Crilly
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 711
hi good lookin bike. I am not payed to keep this forum at the top of the page.
Crilly is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 03:29 PM   #2470
Nolaw
Mark Lawless

Oddometer: 9
NOT EVEN CLOSE... Beware the tall man

Huge bummer... Just off virgin ride on Escondido Cycle shop's first in CB1100. Put the first 22 miles on it. Gorgeous, BUT at 6'4" and 34" inseam it is not nearly a fit. I have to sit back past the seat rise and though I can work the bike it feels like I am sitting up too high. If I sit into the actual seat my knees have nowhere to go in relation to the tank. I would say if you are max hieght of 5'11' to 6' you should be ok. My 1978 CB750F actually fits me slightly better than this bike.

PROS:
-BEAUTIFUL
-Gearing is almost ridiculously smooth
-Plenty of low and top end
-Brakes are smooth
-CB elements are all there and really stand out when actually in front of and on vs. pictures

CONS:
-Plastic shifter cover - looks cheap and if you are looking to shave weight as the dealer described why would this be the only place to do so... The air flow box is same plastic material but I hate ALL the stock air flow systems anyway.
-Silver colored side covers - I do NOT like. Needs to be same color as tank. The grey/silver is the only color like it on the entire bike and I think it detracts from the overall flow
-Browning on 4 part of 4 into 1 headers. Just like all the pictures there is a definite yellowish caste to this section of the headers. I have no idea why??

Bottom line... If this bike was even close to fitting my frame I would have bought it today if they had the ABS versions in. Absolutely fits the image I had in mind from pictures and on line research.

Luck to all you lucky "average" sized riders! First time I have ever wished I was shorter...
Old 03-29-2013, 03:42 PM   #2471
Scoobynut
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
Picked it up about 3 pm. Had 0 miles on the odo. Now it has 44.

I tried to remember everything I was noticing as I rode. 2 things stuck out the most...absolutely glitch free fueling and a great view out of the rear views. Clutch was easy but engaged close to the grip. Transmission was very smooth but neutral was kind of hard to find. Front brakes were stellar, rear brake was not as strong. I dont think you could lock it up if you wanted to. Handling was great up to the limits I pushed it on my favorite curvy road. Dint want to push it real hard on brand new tires. Exhaust is very quiet.

Before I left he shop 3 people walked up to look at the bike. One knew what it was and said he'd been trying to find one to look at. The other to asked if it was an old bike or a new bike. I guess it's retro enough! Lol

Ergos are pretty good. Bars could be a little closer to me and may be able to adjusted back a bit by loosening and rotating them. Footpegs are a little further back than I expected but not objectionable. I can't flat foot it at a stop, but I have solid balls of the feet down on both sides.

Shop is 9 miles from the house, but I put 44 on it bringing it home
Nice first impressions, Ferret. Give the back brake a little more time, the power will probably increase as the pads get bedded in. The bars on my Super Tenere were too far away as you describe so I've rotated them back twice now. The levers were already pretty level so I had to adjust them a bit too when I adjusted the bars. That easy adjustabillity is one of the nice things about tubular handlebars.

Regarding the exhaust, I think it's a beautiful muffler, but I fear it will be a little too quiet for my taste which is why I ordered the Staintune. Should make things a little fruitier, ha.

If anyone asks, I think I'll lie and tell them the bike is a '78 CB1100 Supersport.

Enjoy that gorgeous new bike and give us some more impressions as you add miles!
2008 Yamaha WR250R
1988 Honda Hawk GT
Old 03-29-2013, 03:43 PM   #2472
Dave in Wi
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,891
Quote:
Front brakes were stellar, rear brake was not as strong. I dont think you could lock it up if you wanted to.
Sweet, you got the rear ABS.

I'm jealous, enjoy the bike. How's the suspension & ride? Soft or firm?
1988 DT50
"Daddy, it's five o'clock sometime!"
Dave in Wi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 04:12 PM   #2473
Dav101
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 116
Quote:

Congrats Ferret. You look very happy. I was immediately drawn to those little rubber thingies on your brake and clutch levers.
Dav101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 04:19 PM   #2474
The other Ferret
Motorcycle nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave in Wi View Post
Sweet, you got the rear ABS.

I'm jealous, enjoy the bike. How's the suspension & ride? Soft or firm?
Lol yea ABS rear thats it

Dave the ride was pretty plush actually. I hit one bump that I felt, but really it was pretty nice. The seat was firm but not uncomfortable for the short ride I took. Will know more tomorrow as its supposed to be 60 and sunny so I should be able to get some riding in.

I expect everything will get better as the bike breaks in, and I get it set up to suit me.

I'm a munchkin and am sitting fairly close to the tank, it doesn't work for me to try and scoot back with my butt cause then my arms don't reach.

Oh I noticed 55 mph is right at 3000 rpms in 5 th. and although I only ran it up to 4 k it felt like it had plenty of power.

And whoever said the side stand snaps down was right, it does. It is not as easy to put on the center stand as my 750 nighthawk was, but it's not difficult.
Old 03-29-2013, 04:20 PM   #2475
Kona11
kona11

Oddometer: 56
Lets take a closer look

Had the day off and like a lot of you I was curious to see the new CB 1100. I thought it would be appropriate to get my CB 1100F out for the first time this year and take a look.. First stop was R&S Honda. Walk in and many of you know the routine, three sales people just looked at me and did not bother getting up. So I look around the showroom and see they do not have one. Get back on the bike and head over to Powersports. Walk in and am greeted right away. See the bike and go sit on it. Within 2 minutes the salesman (Joe) asked if I want to take it for a test drive. He gets the keys and tells me to “go give it hell.” The bike only had five miles on it. Off I go, and I can only say the bike is like SILK. I loved it the power its works for my style of riding and the transmission was like butter. I know that my CB is 30 years old and you really can not compare the two, but I was very pleased.
Kona11 is offline   Reply With Quote