Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-30-2013, 05:06 PM   #2536
Dav101
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 118
Quote:
Originally Posted by blazeone View Post
Back from my ride. Put 240 miles on it. No issues, nothing but fun enjoying the ride. Got around 45mpg but I was going thru gears and not cruising. Bike attracts people like a Ferrari, LOL! I'm 5'-8" and glad I'm not any taller. Here's a picture from a break I took. BTW - I have not heard the tinkling sound yet. Cheers!

Blaze one, you do know how to take a perrty picture. Looks like you had a fantastic day for a ride, wow. 240 miles and not a tinkle? Maybe some of you guys that have bikes can post a video from YouTube tinkeling?

Tinkle tinkle.
Dav101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2013, 05:10 PM   #2537
LostViking
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 866
Went and saw one in person today,

My 1150RS just went to the Flea Market.

Very nice motorcycle in the flesh!
Old 03-30-2013, 05:15 PM   #2538
merc16
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 250
Yea, I think I could trade my Sportster in on one of those.
2006 Buell Ulysses XB12X (sold)
2002 Sporster 883 (traded for Zed)
merc16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2013, 05:52 PM   #2539
Grousedog
Adventurer

Oddometer: 12
Quote:
Back from my ride. Put 240 miles on it. No issues, nothing but fun enjoying the ride. Got around 45mpg but I was going thru gears and not cruising. Bike attracts people like a Ferrari, LOL! I'm 5'-8" and glad I'm not any taller. Here's a picture from a break I took. BTW - I have not heard the tinkling sound yet. Cheers!

"I'm 5'8" and I'm glad I'm not any taller" !!! You are scaring me!! I'm 6'1" with a 33 inseam. Any tall people get their bikes yet? Any info on the taller seat? I asked the dealer and they had nothing yet
Grousedog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2013, 07:31 PM   #2540
Nightstrom
Adventurer

Oddometer: 14
I sat on one at Noblesville Honda, IN today. I am 6'5. Loved the handlebars. Reminded me of the classic comfort of the Honda Sabre V65 and such. The thing that would make it a no go for me was the footpegs. Up to high, and they sit slightly back. Just not enough room. If those were lower, it would be a very comfortable bike. Beautiful lines, and just that classic motorcycle feeling sitting on it, like when I first began to ride, when a motorcycle was a motorcycle. Not big or bulky, with everything being where is suppossed to be (except the footpegs). Just a no frills, real motorcycle. For those of smaller stature, take a look.
Nightstrom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2013, 07:02 AM   #2541
The other Ferret
Motorcycle nut

Oddometer: 269
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightstrom View Post
I sat on one at Noblesville Honda, IN today. I am 6'5. Loved the handlebars. Reminded me of the classic comfort of the Honda Sabre V65 and such. The thing that would make it a no go for me was the footpegs. Up to high, and they sit slightly back. Just not enough room. If those were lower, it would be a very comfortable bike. Beautiful lines, and just that classic motorcycle feeling sitting on it, like when I first began to ride, when a motorcycle was a motorcycle. Not big or bulky, with everything being where is suppossed to be (except the footpegs). Just a no frills, real motorcycle. For those of smaller stature, take a look.
I don't know why they positioned the pegs where they did, its baffling to me, not objectionable to someone my size, but I can see where it would be a problem for the jolly green giants among us.

Spent he morning reading my owners manual. Man, they want you to take it back to Honda for everything! Lol
The other Ferret is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2013, 07:09 AM   #2542
dirtdreamer50
long time rider

Oddometer: 1,016
Every owner's manual from all manufacturers state the same thing. O/F, chain adjustments, etc all should be done by a CERTIFIED XXXXXX TECHNICIAN. Not like my early days of riding, when I did everything and was guided by info in the manuals, or not.
dirtdreamer50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2013, 07:13 AM   #2543
siyeh
Lawn Nazi

Oddometer: 1,466
After a long study session at Cycle Ergos, I came to the conclusion this bike would work for me. But I am a short shit - 5' 8" with a 30 inch inseam. If it doesn't, in couple years somebody can buy it with about 20,000 on the odo,,,
siyeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2013, 07:15 AM   #2544
jwayne
Long Rider

Oddometer: 10
Went in yesterday to take a look at the CB1100 and; rode out on the first and only one from that dealer. I traded in my sligtly used Honda NT 700. Great looking and handling bike, I think I am going to really enjoy this one. I started to put a tank bag on her but just couldn't mess up those classic lines. I may want to look at a fly screen to minimize the wind on my chest.

Age 56
jwayne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2013, 07:29 AM   #2545
The other Ferret
Motorcycle nut

Oddometer: 269
Quote:
Originally Posted by jwayne View Post
Went in yesterday to take a look at the CB1100 and; rode out on the first and only one from that dealer. I traded in my sligtly used Honda NT 700. Great looking and handling bike, I think I am going to really enjoy this one. I started to put a tank bag on her but just couldn't mess up those classic lines. I may want to look at a fly screen to minimize the wind on my chest.

Age 56
Cool...congrats. Whats the last 4 digits of your serial number?

How did you like the NT 700?

Mine will get a tank bag and a tail bag eventually. Didnt want to chafe the paint right away lol
The other Ferret is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2013, 07:42 AM   #2546
dirtdreamer50
long time rider

Ferret, just place a sheet of foam liner under the tank bag to stop the chafing of the paint. Here's an example of the product. I'm sure you can get it at any home store or kitchen accs store. I've used it for years successfully.

http://reviews.homedepot.com/1999/20...ws/reviews.htm
Old 03-31-2013, 07:46 AM   #2547
jwayne
Long Rider

Oddometer: 10
Thanks, last four number of the SN are 0176. The NT is a good bike, handles great, slighty under powered for me.
jwayne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2013, 08:21 AM   #2548
Plungerhead
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 108
Quote:
Originally Posted by jwayne View Post

Age 56
Congratulations jwayne! I'm thinking that so far, your vin # is far and away the lowest. Glad to hear you enjoy the bike.
Plungerhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2013, 08:29 AM   #2549
dirtdreamer50
long time rider

Quote:

I see you were on FM1458. How did the 1100 handle the turns and sweepers there? Great road for learning the traction limits of tires. BTW beautiful bike... tomp dd50
Old 03-31-2013, 08:30 AM   #2550
Plungerhead
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 108
Well, she is officially broken in. No I didn't put 500 miles on her today, but I/we did ride it in heavy fog and mist, on wet and sometimes muddy streets.
My girlfriend LOVES the comfort this bike provides the passenger, albeit she is used to being on the back of the Blackbird.
With her on the back, the bike still handled well, didn't want to fall into slow turns which is a plus. Of course the big wide handlebars come into play here.
On a down note, the fenders, as beautiful as they are, don't do diddly for keeping the back of the passenger dry, OR keeping the muck off the front of the engine. The girl really needs a bath now. Not my g/f, the CB.
I don't plan on riding this baby in the rain very often, but I can see where a mud flap or two would go a long way in keeping grime off the engine and off the backside of the passenger.
We rode about 25 miles but had to get back to the house to prepare for Easter get-togethers. Overall, this bike is cool and classy! I am absolutely delighted to own it.
Jim
Plungerhead is offline   Reply With Quote