Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-31-2013, 08:55 AM   #2551
Oldgoat01
Adventurer

Oddometer: 88
Quote:
Originally Posted by siyeh View Post
After a long study session at Cycle Ergos, I came to the conclusion this bike would work for me. But I am a short shit - 5' 8" with a 30 inch inseam. If it doesn't, in couple years somebody can buy it with about 20,000 on the odo,,,
As I'm sure you know, the North American model has a higher seat height than the 2010 model used by Cycle Ergos. Probably not going to make a lot of difference as I think the NA model is only about an inch higher.
Oldgoat01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2013, 08:57 AM   #2552
zoo mob
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 326
The ergos are great......if you are a 4th grader. I'm 6'3 and sat on one yesterday; it had way less room than my 1970 CB750 I sold last year, and there is no chance I could comfortably ride one.
zoo mob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2013, 09:09 AM   #2553
Oldgoat01
Adventurer

Oddometer: 88
Quote:
Originally Posted by The other Ferret View Post
I don't know why they positioned the pegs where they did, its baffling to me,l
Methinks it was trying to find a happy medium between sport bike ergos where you have a forward lean and legs tucked back and a more neutral position with no lean and no bend. Remember this is a sport bike Of course, it would be helpful to hear about fit from others that have the bike (coupled with height and inseam).
Oldgoat01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2013, 09:15 AM   #2554
Gham
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,275
Quote:
Originally Posted by zoo mob View Post
The ergos are great......if you are a 4th grader. I'm 6'3 and sat on one yesterday; it had way less room than my 1970 CB750 I sold last year, and there is no chance I could comfortably ride one.
I'm only 5'8",my CB900F is actually a little tall and I'm hoping this will fit just a little better.I can't wait to sit on one,all our shops(up north) still have quads and snowmobiles out

Society Historicus Revisioniscus
Gham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2013, 09:17 AM   #2555
Ed-B
Adventurer

Oddometer: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by zoo mob View Post
4th grader checking in ... At 5'5" I bet this bike would fit me great. I'd even want the lower JDM seat if I could get it. All that displacement and style and the ergonomics for a guy my size is a unique offering.

I had '73 CB 750 thirty some odd years ago... I like what Honda has done with this new CB!
Ed-B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2013, 09:24 AM   #2556
The other Ferret
Motorcycle nut

Oddometer: 269
Quote:
Originally Posted by jwayne View Post
Thanks, last four number of the SN are 0176. The NT is a good bike, handles great, slighty under powered for me.
Wow that is a low number. Just out of curiosity, what was the build date ( on black label on steering head). Mine was Jan 13 th.

A lot of nice motorcycle are ruined by being slightly underpowered. Triumph Bonnevilles, Moto Guzzi classics, come to mind.
The other Ferret is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2013, 09:30 AM   #2557
The other Ferret
Motorcycle nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ed-B View Post
4th grader checking in ... At 5'5" I bet this bike would fit me great. I'd even want the lower JDM seat if I could get it. All that displacement and style and the ergonomics for a guy my size is a unique offering.

I had '73 CB 750 thirty some odd years ago... I like what Honda has done with this new CB!
I think at 5'5" you are going to be on tip toes. Seat height is about 31" I think, but seat shape is tapered at the front so you're not splayed terribly.
Old 03-31-2013, 09:31 AM   #2558
Scoobynut
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 436
Quote:
Originally Posted by dirtdreamer50 View Post
Ferret, just place a sheet of foam liner under the tank bag to stop the chafing of the paint. Here's an example of the product. I'm sure you can get it at any home store or kitchen accs store. I've used it for years successfully.

http://reviews.homedepot.com/1999/20...ws/reviews.htm
On my last three bikes I've applied 3M clearbra -- the same stuff you put on the leading edge of your car's hood - to the rear of the tank, the area of the side where your knees might contact, and to the top of the tank so a dirty tank bag won't scratch the paint. I buy scrap sheets off ebay and cut it to fit -- I've even got to the point where I cut a hole out for the gas cap. It's virtually invisible if applied correctly.

I will try to take pictures and write a little tutorial on how to do it if anyone's interested. This probably isn't the appropriate thread for something like that, but will keep you posted once I pick the bike up.
2008 Yamaha WR250R
1988 Honda Hawk GT
Scoobynut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2013, 09:40 AM   #2559
The other Ferret
Motorcycle nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirtdreamer50 View Post
Ferret, just place a sheet of foam liner under the tank bag to stop the chafing of the paint. Here's an example of the product. I'm sure you can get it at any home store or kitchen accs store. I've used it for years successfully.

http://reviews.homedepot.com/1999/20...ws/reviews.htm
Magnetic tank bags dirtdreamer. I have several different bikes that share them. Dont think I can use the foam under the magnets. No big deal, its going to get chaffed eventually...mine always do.
Old 03-31-2013, 09:43 AM   #2560
The other Ferret
Motorcycle nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scoobynut View Post
On my last three bikes I've applied 3M clearbra -- the same stuff you put on the leading edge of your car's hood - to the rear of the tank, the area of the side where your knees might contact, and to the top of the tank so a dirty tank bag won't scratch the paint. I buy scrap sheets off ebay and cut it to fit -- I've even got to the point where I cut a hole out for the gas cap. It's virtually invisible if applied correctly.

I will try to take pictures and write a little tutorial on how to do it if anyone's interested. This probably isn't the appropriate thread for something like that, but will keep you posted once I pick the bike up.
Cool. That sounds awesome. Can you get it someplace other than ebay? Car detail shop maybe? I don't do ebay
Old 03-31-2013, 10:04 AM   #2561
Scoobynut
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 436
Quote:
Cool. That sounds awesome. Can you get it someplace other than ebay? Car detail shop maybe? I don't do ebay
You'd have to find a shop that custom cuts the clearbras for cars -- shouldn't be too hard to find one and they should have plenty of scrap material. Just make sure it's 3M brand material as there are some poor imitations out there. There are definitely some little tricks to applying it correctly so you'd want to know them before attempting this. It's really quite easy if you know what you're doing. MUCH easier than applying one to a car's hood.

Here's a couple photos of the one I put on my Hawk. This is the first one I ever did and it turned out great -- on 3rd attempt. You should be able to see where I rounded the corners as I was cutting it to add a more 'finished' look. The stuff will never yellow or change appearance. I hope you can make out the edges of the clearbra in the pictures.

2008 Yamaha WR250R
1988 Honda Hawk GT

Scoobynut screwed with this post 03-31-2013 at 10:15 AM
Scoobynut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2013, 10:08 AM   #2562
jwayne
Long Rider

Oddometer: 11
The build date is January 2013. As far as the ergos go I am 5'10.5" inseam 32", about 180lbs, the bike fits me perfectly.
jwayne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2013, 10:18 AM   #2563
dogjaw
plays well alone

Oddometer: 2,738
Quote:
I think at 5'5" you are going to be on tip toes. Seat height is about 31" I think, but seat shape is tapered at the front so you're not splayed terribly.
I'm a shade under 5'6", 28" inseam, no problem at all with the CB; on the balls of my feet in running shoes, a little better in riding boots.
Old 03-31-2013, 10:24 AM   #2564
dirtdreamer50
long time rider

Oddometer: 1,016
Quote:
Magnetic tank bags dirtdreamer. I have several different bikes that share them. Dont think I can use the foam under the magnets. No big deal, its going to get chaffed eventually...mine always do.
I've used it underneath magnetic tank bags on five bikes with metal tanks and the magnets still adhered to the tanks, through the foam with no problems. The clear sheeting works great too, as scoobynut shows.

dogjaw, the bike looks very unique sitting in front of all those cruisers. tom
dirtdreamer50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2013, 10:34 AM   #2565
kraven
Hegelian Scum

Oddometer: 4,762
Quote:
Originally Posted by jwayne View Post
The build date is January 2013. As far as the ergos go I am 5'10.5" inseam 32", about 180lbs, the bike fits me perfectly.
Same here. I'm 6' and 32" inseam at 204 lbs.
No sweat. Sits like my old CB900F and CBX.