Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-03-2013, 01:10 PM   #2626
The other Ferret
Motorcycle nut

Oddometer: 269
Quote:
Originally Posted by buck80mph View Post
I love this bike! I would like to find a bike that I could tour in more comfort than on my Speed Triple. The majority of the time I ride with a Bonnie that is set up almost as a cruiser. I figure this would match well with the Bonnie. I wonder how long before the aftermarkets become available. Windshields, highway bars, and saddle bags etc.

A question for the owners. Can this bike be made into a decent touring bike? Are there any windshields available? Memphis shade? Saddle bags and trunks?
Most of the time mine will be ridden as is, but on occasion it will be turned into a lightweight tourer with the addition of a clear shield, tank bag, soft saddlebags and soft tail pack.
The other Ferret is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 01:33 PM   #2627
cogitate
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 4,558
Quote:
Originally Posted by The other Ferret View Post
Stopped down at a northern Kentucky Hon /Suz/Kaw dealer today. They havent seen a CB 1100 yet, but do have a couple on order. Anyhow, I inquired about an oil filter for the CB. They didn,t have anything about the CB on their computers yet so the parts gal called Honda. Apparently, It takes the same small filter as my ST 1300 and CB 750 Nighthawk # 15410-MFJ-D01 so I picked up a couple of those, and it calls for 4.1 qts of Honda 4 stroke 10W30 oil when changing. I picked up some of it as well in prep for the 600 mile service which I'll be doing myself.
Did you get the Honda brand blinker fluid? Manual calls for replacement at 600 miles.

Just kidding, of course
I can't wait to see one in person. I think Honda hit this one out of the ballpark. Between the NC700, the 500 triplets, someone woke up the Red Giant.
Of course i am such a fan boy, i think I have had 14 or so motos, ten have been Hondas.

My book "If You Look at Your Health in a New Way..." is available here
and as PDF here
cogitate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 01:46 PM   #2628
pjensen641
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 312
Quote:
Most of the time mine will be ridden as is, but on occasion it will be turned into a lightweight tourer with the addition of a clear shield, tank bag, soft saddlebags and soft tail pack.
MRA makes a nice quality looking universal screen. No gaudy chrome bits on them like some of the cruiser oriented ones. I think it might compliment the CB well. Also, they are fr better with adjustability than other bar mount shields.

MRA Shield

For everyday riding, it would be cool to convince the guy from Dart to make a mount. Nice and minimal so as not to ruin the lines of the bike.

Dart
pjensen641 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 01:56 PM   #2629
Scoobynut
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 430
Quote:
Stopped down at a northern Kentucky Hon /Suz/Kaw dealer today. They havent seen a CB 1100 yet, but do have a couple on order. Anyhow, I inquired about an oil filter for the CB. They didn,t have anything about the CB on their computers yet so the parts gal called Honda. Apparently, It takes the same small filter as my ST 1300 and CB 750 Nighthawk # 15410-MFJ-D01 so I picked up a couple of those, and it calls for 4.1 qts of Honda 4 stroke 10W30 oil when changing. I picked up some of it as well in prep for the 600 mile service which I'll be doing myself.
That filter # is the same one as the NT650 (Hawk GT). I confirmed it on an online parts fiche that has the parts diagrams for the CB1100. That means I already have 3 in the garage. Yay!
2008 Yamaha WR250R
1988 Honda Hawk GT
Scoobynut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 02:06 PM   #2630
The other Ferret
Motorcycle nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjensen641 View Post
MRA makes a nice quality looking universal screen. No gaudy chrome bits on them like some of the cruiser oriented ones. I think it might compliment the CB well. Also, they are fr better with adjustability than other bar mount shields.

MRA Shield

For everyday riding, it would be cool to convince the guy from Dart to make a mount. Nice and minimal so as not to ruin the lines of the bike.

Dart
I have a National Cycle deflector screen inthe garage that will bolt right on, but I plan on picking up one of their Plexi Fairings for touring and winter riding

http://www.nationalcycle.com/catalogue/Classic.shtml
Old 04-03-2013, 02:08 PM   #2631
The other Ferret
Motorcycle nut

They also make a fly screen

http://www.nationalcycle.com/catalogue/Flyscreen.shtml
Old 04-03-2013, 02:14 PM   #2632
Scoobynut
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 430
Quote:
That Dart screen shown above suits the 1100 better I think; that chrome band on the bottom of the nationalcycle screen just looks a little too cruiserish IMO. Here's to hoping Dart gets on the CB bandwagon.
2008 Yamaha WR250R
1988 Honda Hawk GT
Scoobynut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 02:22 PM   #2633
tlm
Adventurer

Oddometer: 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by Justarida View Post
Had a good ride yesterday about 70 miles mostly two lane state road.
40 - 80 mph some nice curves / twisties. Indicated RPM as follows:
55mph=3100, 65mph = 3800, 75 mph = 4400.
Mild vibes start at about 60 nothing to worry with thru 70. After 70 they get more noticable. For me at 75 mph they are very noticable but tolerable.

I had a 91 Sportster and the vibes are nothing like that machine.

Gonna have to tweek on the suspension stock is tight and you feel it on less than perfect roads as most post winter roads around here are.

My bike has Bridgstone Batlax rubber. They seem to stick fairly well although being new I havent pushed them real hard yet.. but its coming

So far the bike has been a joy in every aspect and again my only concern is scratching the Tank paint. Gotta do somthing with the area where the seat meets the tank. Jacket buttons / zippers gravitate to that area and work their destructive magic.

Looks like the interest in this bike is really picking up! I hope it continues.
Stay safe everyone.

http://www.mag-knight.com/Tank%20Pad.htm I have one of these and love it....could be what you need.
tlm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 03:25 PM   #2634
The other Ferret
Motorcycle nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scoobynut View Post
That Dart screen shown above suits the 1100 better I think; that chrome band on the bottom of the nationalcycle screen just looks a little too cruiserish IMO. Here's to hoping Dart gets on the CB bandwagon.
Doubt if the chrome band has to be installed

Supposed to be 65 here Saturday
Old 04-03-2013, 06:55 PM   #2635
dirtdreamer50
long time rider

Oddometer: 1,016
All y'all with new CB's, have a great ride this weekend. After seeing mine in the crate and then being told I had to give my first born for it, I now refuse to go by and visit the guys at the dealership. Man it was beautiful.

I will own an 1100, but just not this month. New rear tire this Saturday on the Duke, Guess it will be my naked bike for a while.... tp dd50
dirtdreamer50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 07:00 PM   #2636
The other Ferret
Motorcycle nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirtdreamer50 View Post
All y'all with new CB's, have a great ride this weekend. After seeing mine in the crate and then being told I had to give my first born for it, I now refuse to go by and visit the guys at the dealership. Man it was beautiful.

I will own an 1100, but just not this month. New rear tire this Saturday on the Duke, Guess it will be my naked bike for a while.... tp dd50

Bummer DirtDreamer....

We will work out the bugs for you so when you do get yours you'll know what to look for.
Old 04-03-2013, 07:03 PM   #2637
lambotte
Adventurer

Oddometer: 84
New owner

Quote:
Congrats Kevin.. Must have pic, last 4 numbers in serial, your height and weight and how you reach the ground and a ride report. No hurry, tomorrow would be fine.
I'm working on the pic but here's the vital statistics: 0070, 5'11", 205, flat feet with mild knee bend. Perfect reach to bars. Unbelievable first ride. I've only ridden thumpers, boxer and v twins. I was blown away by the torque and the buttery smooth engine. Fit and finish are superb. Tires are bridgestone battlax. All I can say is it was worth the wait.

Kevin

lambotte screwed with this post 04-03-2013 at 07:07 PM Reason: Added tire type
lambotte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 07:04 PM   #2638
dirtdreamer50
long time rider

Oddometer: 1,016
Thanks Ferret. This will continue to be a great thread, I know... tp
dirtdreamer50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 07:26 PM   #2639
M3-SRT8
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 268
Quote:

As far as many (the majority?) of Dealers are concerned, the time to order and receive a cb1100 at a reasonable or discounted price is gone.

Now that they're showing up on dealer's floors - and disappearing just as fast - they don't see a need to discount them much, if not at all.
M3-SRT8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 07:38 PM   #2640
CB RIDER
n00b

Oddometer: 2
Quote:
Thanks Ferret. This will continue to be a great thread, I know... tp
I got my ABS model on Good Friday and have about 200 miles on it. It is very smooth and not buzzy. I'm used to an ultra-limited with all that shaking. Got caught in the rain, and it was smiles all the way.
0022, 6' 195. 32 inch inseam and the bike is very comfortable.
CB RIDER is offline   Reply With Quote