Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-04-2013, 09:02 PM   #2671
dirtdreamer50
long time rider

Oddometer: 1,058
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dav101 View Post
I'm curious what the bike looks like with this installed on it. If anyone can find pictures please post! I like the little stripe touch that matches the U.S. tank stripe.

Dav101, I looked at every image google could find of the 1100, and all it came up with was this pic that you posted. Where did you find it? Saw a similar one on an 1100F, but it was more square. tp
dirtdreamer50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 09:10 PM   #2672
Scoobynut
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 498
Here you go. I couldn't find one in red on a bike though.

2008 Yamaha WR250R
1988 Honda Hawk GT
Scoobynut is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 09:11 PM   #2673
dirtdreamer50
long time rider

Some have mentioned turning the 1100 into a cafe racer. This is a great model for the design. CB750's were perfect platforms for radical modding, or keeping stone stock.
Old 04-04-2013, 09:13 PM   #2674
Scoobynut
Gnarly Adventurer

Another one in silver, with no stripe, on a red bike:

2008 Yamaha WR250R
1988 Honda Hawk GT
Old 04-04-2013, 09:20 PM   #2675
Scoobynut
Gnarly Adventurer

I see Honda Australia is offering a twin megaphone black exhaust system through dealers over there. Would be a good start to that cafe racer as mentioned by dirtdreamer. Not for me, but I'm sure some will go that route as these bikes become more common.

http://www.hondacatalogue.com.au/pro...EL-BLACK.html#

They also offer a 5 liter fuel canister as an accessory for the CB1100. Pretty funny. I guess the Aussies aren't afraid to admit that a 3.8 gallon tank might leave you stranded somewhere in the outback.
2008 Yamaha WR250R
1988 Honda Hawk GT

Scoobynut screwed with this post 04-04-2013 at 09:26 PM
Old 04-04-2013, 09:23 PM   #2676
dirtdreamer50
long time rider

I like the red and white fairing better than the silver, unless the tank was silver, too. A salesman at a dealership said he would paint the tank silver if he got one.

I do like the black exhaust with the black engine and red tank, too. tp
Old 04-04-2013, 09:23 PM   #2677
Dav101
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 119
Quote:
Originally Posted by dirtdreamer50 View Post
Dav101, I looked at every image google could find of the 1100, and all it came up with was this pic that you posted. Where did you find it? Saw a similar one on an 1100F, but it was more square. tp
Goto Japan.webike.net

Its called the N project BlasterII

Do a search there for cb1100 then
Click on custom parts
Click on bodywork

Scroll through the pages...there is much to see
Dav101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 09:31 PM   #2678
dirtdreamer50
long time rider

the N project fairing looks better than the AR Daytona shown here.
Old 04-04-2013, 09:36 PM   #2679
Dav101
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scoobynut View Post
Here you go. I couldn't find one in red on a bike though.

I do like the blinker cutout fitment on this one.
Old 04-04-2013, 09:41 PM   #2680
Dav101
Gnarly Adventurer

...and the stripes compliment nicely. ...and it does cover up the non paint matched headlight ears. I could get used to it. Wonder how you would get the stripes if you had it painted locally. Wonder if the paint would match if you bought it finished from their site. Wonder what shipping would cost. Wonder what the lighted green instrument dials would look like under that dark smoked screen at dusk. Wonder how the dash would just POP with that sweet sweet silver dash meter panel while all that is going on. AHHHHHHH! Somebody stop me! ...I gotta go now. I'm wondering too much.

Dav101 screwed with this post 04-04-2013 at 10:23 PM
Old 04-04-2013, 11:13 PM   #2681
Scoobynut
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dav101 View Post
...and the stripes compliment nicely. ...and it does cover up the non paint matched headlight ears. I could get used to it. Wonder how you would get the stripes if you had it painted locally. Wonder if the paint would match if you bought it finished from their site. Wonder what shipping would cost. Wonder what the lighted green instrument dials would look like under that dark smoked screen at dusk. Wonder how the dash would just POP with that sweet sweet silver dash meter panel while all that is going on. AHHHHHHH! Somebody stop me! ...I gotta go now. I'm wondering too much.
Beware the farkle monster.
2008 Yamaha WR250R
1988 Honda Hawk GT
Old 04-05-2013, 05:53 AM   #2682
Grousedog
Adventurer

Oddometer: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guth View Post
Whereabouts are you at Grousedog?
In Massachusetts where you taxation without representation
Grousedog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 06:48 AM   #2683
buck80mph
"Power Junkie"

Oddometer: 196
Owners please give your opinions...

Quote:
Originally Posted by buck80mph View Post
I love this bike! I would like to find a bike that I could tour in more comfort than on my Speed Triple. The majority of the time I ride with a Bonnie that is set up almost as a cruiser. I figure this would match well with the Bonnie. I wonder how long before the aftermarkets become available. Windshields, highway bars, and saddle bags etc.

A question for the owners. Can this bike be made into a decent touring bike? Are there any windshields available? Memphis shade? Saddle bags and trunks?
please give your opinions...
buck80mph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 07:23 AM   #2684
kraven
Hegelian Scum

Oddometer: 4,786
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scoobynut View Post
Beware the farkle monster.
Especially with this beauty.

Sometimes Scarlett Johanssen is enough in just a red dress and 1 or 2 tasteful diamond bits added.
Old 04-05-2013, 08:03 AM   #2685
dpg
Adventurer

Oddometer: 86
Well I finally saw it in person. I could actually feel that the bike was at the dealership Wednesday. I could literally feel it. I did everything in my power to get over there before 8pm when they closed but I was running 10 minutes behind so I skipped it. Plus my salesman said he would call as soon as they got the bike in and I hadn't heard from him. Well, yesterday I checked my email and sure enough I had one from early Wednesday that they had the bike on the floor. I knew it. Anyway, after years of wishing and then months of waiting I was finally able to touch and feel and look. Now this thread has been pretty much nothing but praise for this bike and rationalization and justification for anything not quite right for this bike so I will try to offer an honest evaluation of every nit pik I can, in no particular order. I am no bike expert and don't pretend to be so these opinions may not only be non-fact base but may also be at the very least unencumbered by the thought process as click and clack are so fond of saying. I was also only able to spend about 5-10 minutes looking at it before I had to leave. Keep in mind my recent history with motorcycles. I am currently riding a cbr250. Before that various scooters. Ancient history for me are early 70 Honda twins of various sizes.
Initial 5 sec. visual intake - This bike did not dissappoint in overall appearence. Piks - The turn signals look huge and plastic. The chrome fender/brake light assembly looks a little cheap and out of proportion. I would have preferred sleeker. I like the black spokes but not sold on the chromed rims. I'm 6' 32" and I was basically flat footed however my legs try to go down right where the pegs are. (I read someone else say that one time about a bike and thought that was one of the lamest criticisms I had ever heard; but keep in mind I am really trying to find fault here). While I like the shape of the seat the vinyl wasn't quite the quality I has expected and it didn't seem like it would be that great. Of course that is very hard to tell without spending some time on it. It felt like if one decided to lower the bars it would be a very nice position. However, I don't see that there would be enough clearance to lower the bars much at all. The plastice covers on the clutch and knee area where not quite the quality I was hoping for. The tank is very square, even more than I imagined. Not a problem for me as I really like it, but I could see how it might dissappoint lovers of the older cb's. Side covers - meh, perhaps brushed aluminum would have been worth the extra cost/weight ala v7racer. The headers were already a tinge of brown (yuck). I'm not a huge fan of the exhaust but it is much better than what most bikes have these day. Really I think half of my issues revolve aroung the fact that I'm not a fan of shiny chrome and would prefer a brushed metal surface or some matt black in certain areas. Even the chrome gas tank top (while keeping with the retro theme) just isn't is cool as a recessed airplane type fuel opening to me. Last and biggest concern was the weight. Remember my recent past. I like light bikes. They feel like toys and the are extremely forgiving and confidence inspiring. They are just plain fun except when you are getting blown around on the freeway. This truly does concern me as I feel a lighter bike is not only fun but safer (again minus freeway jaunts) than heavier bikes. I know this bike would not seem heavy unless you have my particular frame of reference or one similar. I imagine that once it starts rolling it wouldn't be a big concern and I would probably get used to it in a matter of hours. The extra heft would probably be welcomed on the freeway.
Ok the good - It is beautiful in person. Again it was far and away the most pleasing bike in the entire dealership to my eyes. Nothing even approaches the mental satisfaction of seeing this bike that looks like a bike is supposed to look. Very refreshing. The 18in. wheels look awesome. The riding triangle is not only perfect but it seems like the bike would lend itself to great ergos if you wanted to change the bar height or foot pegs in either direction. Just feels very forgiving in whatever changes you would want if the clearances worked out (see above concern). I like the oversized mirrors but will probably change to bar end mirrors anyway. It is beautifully proportioned in everyway. I had a few doubts looking at the tank in pics. The engine did not seem oversized for the stature of the bike at all like I had feared. The bike did not seem too small in any way to me. It was actually bigger than what I expected reading so much about its small stature. Besides noted chrome/plastic bits etc. (that is just not my personal taste), the fit and finish in person is truly amazing. The engine fins - fantastic. I am going to go give it a better look again today or tomorrow. I have money down on an abs so I am still playing the waiting game. My sales guy said they might set one up for demo. I sure hope so, I need to ride this beast. I'm pretty sure it is going to rock my world!
dpg is offline   Reply With Quote