Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-05-2013, 09:46 AM   #2701
Gypped
Adventurer

Oddometer: 37
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scoobynut View Post
Myself, I hope Corbin and Sargent are already hard at work on a replacement seat that doesn't stray too far from the appearance of the stock seat.
I can't speak for either company, but it's probably unlikely either have started on seats for the bike yet. There's just not a lot of test bikes around. As far as Sargent goes, as far I'm aware there's only 2 cb1100s in Jacksonville. Since one is in my garage right now waiting for the rain to cease, that leaves one to potentially be at Sargent. Personally, I'm extremely happy with the stock seat, it's by far one of the most comfortable I've sat on. But if anyone wants to check with Sargent and see if they need a donor bike, I can drop mine there for a week or so. I'm literally less than 5 miles from them.

I've been lurking here for quite some time but apparently I have forgotten my original user name, and had to make a new account.

I'm 34, 5'9, about 190, and the bike fits me to a 't'. I never lusted after motorcycles when I was a kid and just started riding a couple years ago. I've got a "sport" cruiser (09 Road Star Warrior) that I've taken across country and camped on (although nothing hardcore, just campgrounds and state parks) but the second I saw pics of this bike I wanted it. I was actually planning on picking up a used Z1000 originally,but passed the local Honda stealership and stopped in. The salesman scented my weakness and moved in. They didn't discount it, but i got a very reasonable out the door price including the prepaid maintenance plan.

My girlfriend named her Pamela, and her vin is 747. I forgot to check the build date. I've got a National Cycle F-16 on the way to hopefully ease up on the wind blast a bit. I'm hoping it looks decent as well. I'll put up a couple pics when I'm not on my phone.
Gypped is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 09:47 AM   #2702
jamboa
jamboa

Oddometer: 845
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimjim View Post
Oh I like those pipes!
Those pipes need to have removable baffles which my generation called Guts!
13 CB1100F
12 Speedmaster
jamboa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 09:49 AM   #2703
buck80mph
"Power Junkie"

Oddometer: 191
I can't remember how to change my signature!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamboa View Post
You need to upgrade your signature if you are who I think U R! If this bike sells we hopefully will have a selection of colors for the 14 model. A bike like this can easily be set up to tour. I have a Bonnie and I would let U ride with me as long as the CB does not take all the attention away from the Bonnie. She is jealous about such things! LOL!
Yea the CB would go great with the Bonnie. Maybe I wouldn't have to wait on the side of the road for ya after a few miles of twisties if I get one of these....
buck80mph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 09:52 AM   #2704
jamboa
jamboa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gypped View Post
I can't speak for either company, but it's probably unlikely either have started on seats for the bike yet. There's just not a lot of test bikes around. As far as Sargent goes, as far I'm aware there's only 2 cb1100s in Jacksonville. Since one is in my garage right now waiting for the rain to cease, that leaves one to potentially be at Sargent. Personally, I'm extremely happy with the stock seat, it's by far one of the most comfortable I've sat on. But if anyone wants to check with Sargent and see if they need a donor bike, I can drop mine there for a week or so. I'm literally less than 5 miles from them.

I've been lurking here for quite some time but apparently I have forgotten my original user name, and had to make a new account.

I'm 34, 5'9, about 190, and the bike fits me to a 't'. I never lusted after motorcycles when I was a kid and just started riding a couple years ago. I've got a "sport" cruiser (09 Road Star Warrior) that I've taken across country and camped on (although nothing hardcore, just campgrounds and state parks) but the second I saw pics of this bike I wanted it. I was actually planning on picking up a used Z1000 originally,but passed the local Honda stealership and stopped in. The salesman scented my weakness and moved in. They didn't discount it, but i got a very reasonable out the door price including the prepaid maintenance plan.

My girlfriend named her Pamela, and her vin is 747. I forgot to check the build date. I've got a National Cycle F-16 on the way to hopefully ease up on the wind blast a bit. I'm hoping it looks decent as well. I'll put up a couple pics when I'm not on my phone.
Spencer right there in Florida could put his Supracor foam on that seat for about $100. If you really want comfort Kevin Adcox is doing great work on seats that five you a bucket you can still move around in. He did my Versys, B King and a 11 Speed Triple.
13 CB1100F
12 Speedmaster
Old 04-05-2013, 09:55 AM   #2705
jamboa
jamboa

Wicked

Quote:
Originally Posted by buck80mph View Post
Yea the CB would go great with the Bonnie. Maybe I wouldn't have to wait on the side of the road for ya after a few miles of twisties if I get one of these....
I thought you were going to mention wait on the side of the road cause the Bonnie is always running out of gas! LOL! I got that fixed with my new 2 gallon auxillary tank mounted on my rear rack!
13 CB1100F
12 Speedmaster
Old 04-05-2013, 09:57 AM   #2706
buck80mph
"Power Junkie"

Quote:
Spencer right there in Florida could put his Supracor foam on that seat for about $100. If you really want comfort Kevin Adcox is doing great work on seats that five you a bucket you can still move around in. He did my Versys, B King and a 11 Speed Triple.
Kevin? Oh he must be Terry's brother...?
Old 04-05-2013, 09:59 AM   #2707
jamboa
jamboa

Quote:
Kevin? Oh he must be Terry's brother...?
Sorry bout that! Terry Adcox seats for the CB1100. I just talked to Cycle World. They have a CB1100 on the floor. U want o go check it out after work? Come on over to Arkansas!
13 CB1100F
12 Speedmaster
Old 04-05-2013, 10:01 AM   #2708
Gypped
Adventurer

Quote:
I think the seat is perfect as it is. I'm just offering to drop the bike at Sargent if anyone wants a seat from them since they probably don't have a test subject.
Old 04-05-2013, 10:03 AM   #2709
buck80mph
"Power Junkie"

Quote:
Sorry bout that! Terry Adcox seats for the CB1100. I just talked to Cycle World. They have a CB1100 on the floor. U want o go check it out after work? Come on over to Arkansas!
After work? Hell, let me finish shoving this sandwich down my neck and I'll go now! Well maybe I shouldn't... Why must I love all these different bikes?!! I wish I were a biker instead of a motorcyclist!!
Old 04-05-2013, 10:03 AM   #2710
jamboa
jamboa

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldF7Guy View Post
Mine was the last of the rigid mounts. Did everything under the sun to curb the vibration. Never did fix it but improved it some. Everyone of them is different from what I understood. Mine smoothed out just above 70 up to 75 and that is where I rode it. For those of you who never rode a rigid mount sportster you have not missed much. Mirrors are totally useless. Or, at least mine were.

Some have reported a very slight buzz on the CB11 but from my perspective I bet its nothing compared to what I have been accustomed to. From the reports the engine and gear box seem like real jewels.
The in line 4 buzz is totally different than the harley twin shake. The only thing I don't like about an inline 4 is the hand sleeping.
13 CB1100F
12 Speedmaster
Old 04-05-2013, 10:05 AM   #2711
jamboa
jamboa

Quote:
After work? Hell, let me finish shoving this sandwich down my neck and I'll go now! Well maybe I shouldn't... Why must I love all these different bikes?!! I wish I were a biker instead of a motorcyclist!!
yes it is a sickness. It can become a very expensive sickness. It has no cure but if you stay off the internet and don't read bike mags you can lower the impulses. R U could make plenty of money and let the mule go with the wagon!
13 CB1100F
12 Speedmaster
Old 04-05-2013, 10:07 AM   #2712
jamboa
jamboa

Quote:
I think the seat is perfect as it is. I'm just offering to drop the bike at Sargent if anyone wants a seat from them since they probably don't have a test subject.
have U done 400 miles day trips yet. That helps U perpective on the seat. Inquiring minds want to know!
13 CB1100F
12 Speedmaster
Old 04-05-2013, 10:13 AM   #2713
Gypped
Adventurer

Quote:
have U done 400 miles day trips yet. That helps U perpective on the seat. Inquiring minds want to know!
I have not done a 400 mile day yet (waiting on some wind protection), but I have put a couple 150-200 miles days on it. And those were perfectly fine.
Old 04-05-2013, 10:15 AM   #2714
buck80mph
"Power Junkie"

Quote:
I have not done a 400 mile day yet (waiting on some wind protection), but I have put a couple 150-200 miles days on it. And those were perfectly fine.
Good to hear. I'm very curious to see some pics once the wind protection is installed....Any plans for highway pegs?
Old 04-05-2013, 10:29 AM   #2715
Gypped
Adventurer

Quote:
Good to hear. I'm very curious to see some pics once the wind protection is installed....Any plans for highway pegs?
I don't know enough about standards to know what to look at for that sort of thing, but for now I'm good with the regular pegs. I may feel differently about the seat and pegs when I do a 400-600 mile day, but that's a good ways off in the future.