Go Back   ADVrider > Bikes > Road warriors
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-06-2013, 07:36 PM   #2776
The other Ferret
Motorcycle nut

Oddometer: 269
Couple pics from today..lunch stop with my son..ducati..his fil..honda ST...and my brother... Triumph

Stop at the lake with my brother

Dreaming of good roads to ride

The other Ferret is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2013, 08:29 PM   #2777
Tripl Nikl
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,366
Quote:
Originally Posted by fragile_this_side_up View Post
Mugen "gets" Hondas, but then they have a relationship with the factory. I love the cafe'd CB1100. Someday... Someday.

And it'd get a set of adjustable cafe bars on it ASAP...

Tripl Nikl screwed with this post 04-06-2013 at 10:12 PM
Tripl Nikl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2013, 08:58 PM   #2778
jly51
Adventurer

Oddometer: 41
Ok Greywolves,Abernathy`s in Union City,Tn..Phone #731-885-1792.Shop is located in north west tennessee just across the river from Mo.Visit their. web site at Abernathyonline.com.Good luck,tell them Jimmy sent you.
jly51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2013, 09:08 PM   #2779
D.T.
One wheel wonder...

Oddometer: 9,286
Saw one in the flesh at the dealer today. Nice bike! I think they wanted $9800 for it?
D.T. is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2013, 10:20 PM   #2780
Tripl Nikl
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,366
Oh my!

Black is sweet. And the blue that's surely coming someday...

Tripl Nikl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2013, 10:00 AM   #2781
The other Ferret
Motorcycle nut

Ok, I just set my suspension to full soft front and rear. Lets see how that feels.
Old 04-07-2013, 10:49 AM   #2782
Guth
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 149
On the topic of suspension:

For those of you that have now ridden the CB1100, if you don't mind sharing...

How much do weigh?
Have you messed with your preload settings at all?
How does the overall ride/handling feel to you and what else do you ride (or have ridden) for comparisons sake?

CB1100 Forum
Guth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2013, 10:53 AM   #2783
Guth
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by The other Ferret View Post
Ok, I just set my suspension to full soft front and rear. Lets see how that feels.
I haven't messed with my preload settings at all, the ride feels really comfy to me overall right now. I weigh in around 165 lbs w/o gear.

However, just from what I remember looking at the bike last, I believe mine came setup just one click off of the lowest preload setting on the back shocks. I have no idea where in the range the front end preload sits from the factory.

If that is the case then I'm guessing that there isn't too much room to back off things at all. Hope it works out for you Ferret.

CB1100 Forum
Old 04-07-2013, 11:48 AM   #2784
The other Ferret
Motorcycle nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guth View Post
I haven't messed with my preload settings at all, the ride feels really comfy to me overall right now. I weigh in around 165 lbs w/o gear.

However, just from what I remember looking at the bike last, I believe mine came setup just one click off of the lowest preload setting on the back shocks. I have no idea where in the range the front end preload sits from the factory.

If that is the case then I'm guessing that there isn't too much room to back off things at all. Hope it works out for you Ferret.

Front preload in on the third ring from the factory. I backed it off to the 5 th ring. Yes rear shocks were 1 click from full soft at the factory. I clicked it one click to the softest position.

180 pounds here and factory settings were acceptable. Took a 25 mile ride on full soft and its acceptable as well. Maybe a skosh smoother on the flats, no difference on the curves that I took today. Ie I wasnt going fast enough to make it wallow.
Old 04-07-2013, 03:57 PM   #2785
blazeone
Adventurer

Oddometer: 26
I weight 160 and I don't mess with any settings until the bike has 500-700 miles on it. Your mileage may vary
blazeone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2013, 05:03 PM   #2786
The other Ferret
Motorcycle nut

Nit piks.

Ok after several rides, I have 2 nit piks, things I'm not particularly pleased with

(1) I do not like the helmet lock. It's really hard to get the rings from my helmet over the hook. When I get my regular plates, I'm putting on a helmet guardian and never using the factory helmet lock again.

(2) I don't care for the fuel gauge. Fill it up and you have five l.e.d. blocks. first one goes out in 23 miles, second shortly after, third shortly after that, at 80 miles you are down to 2 fuel blocks and it looks like you are getting low on gas and need to start looking for a station when in reality you can probably safely go another 70 miles. Plus the thing will go three to two, then back to three, then back to two. Drives me crazy. Either give me an accurate guage, or give me a light that comes on when I have a gallon left.
Old 04-07-2013, 05:43 PM   #2787
Guth
Gnarly Adventurer

I've always carried my helmet around with me as I've never had the nerve to leave it behind. Value it too much to do so unless perhaps I was at a moto-specific event.

I already noticed the fuel gauge moving back and forth between four and five bars on my CB. Didn't think much of it as I've never had a fuel gauge on a bike before and wasn't sure if this was due to the pitch/lean of the bike or what.

CB1100 Forum
Old 04-07-2013, 05:59 PM   #2788
Mobiker
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,476
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guth View Post
I've always carried my helmet around with me as I've never had the nerve to leave it behind. Value it too much to do so unless perhaps I was at a moto-specific event.

I already noticed the fuel gauge moving back and forth between four and five bars on my CB. Didn't think much of it as I've never had a fuel gauge on a bike before and wasn't sure if this was due to the pitch/lean of the bike or what.
I've owned 2 bikes with gas guages -1991 Harley FXRP and '02 Yamaha FZ1. Both had analog guages, both were rock steady and accurate. Sounds like technology has gone backwards with regards to gas guages.
Mobiker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2013, 06:11 PM   #2789
lambotte
Adventurer

Oddometer: 84
Anybody notice the silicone droplets at the valve covers right by the cam end cap. . One of mine is gone and looks like it melted or was wiped while still wet. Doubt it's significant and don't think it's leaking oil. Quick 120 mile trip today and first fill up. Covered in dead bugs and couldn't be happier.

Kevin.
lambotte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2013, 06:11 PM   #2790
Jim K.
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 763
Every bike I've owned that boasted a fuel gauge was wildly inaccurate. My current ride has both a light & gauge. When it indicates 1 gal left (in a 5 gal tank), the light comes on. I start to look for fuel, running say 10 - 20 miles on that last gallon. I have never been able to put more than 3.6 - 3.7 gal into the tank. In other words, I have 80 miles left, not 20 or 30. All my bike owning friends report the same, whatever the brand.
Jim K. is offline   Reply With Quote