User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-08-2013, 09:42 PM   #2836
M3-SRT8
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 268
Anybody have an ABS bike yet?

My Dealer called me to say my ABS version will arrive May 8th.
M3-SRT8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 10:01 PM   #2837
Guth
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 149
Quote:
Originally Posted by M3-SRT8 View Post

I know at least one dealer here in Oregon has already received an ABS unit.

Hope the next month passes by quickly for you. Looking forwarding to your reports of the ABS model.

CB1100 Forum
Guth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 12:13 PM   #2838
Guth
Gnarly Adventurer

Commuted to work on the CB today. The extra weight of the bike does become more noticeable in this use (compared to my 400 lb. Hawk GT). While the additional weight is a bit more taxing for all the stop & go stuff, the low end torque is a true pleasure in this environment.

CB1100 Forum
Old 04-09-2013, 12:31 PM   #2839
The other Ferret
Motorcycle nut

Oddometer: 269
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guth View Post
Commuted to work on the CB today. The extra weight of the bike does become more noticeable in this use (compared to my 400 lb. Hawk GT). While the additional weight is a bit more taxing for all the stop & go stuff, the low end torque is a true pleasure in this environment.
Lol I just ran an errand to the mower shop for oil & filter for my riding mower and to the grocery store for some food stuff on my ST 1300 which weighs 717 pounds. When I push around or ride the CB, it feels like it weighs what your Hawk GT does in comparison.
The other Ferret is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 12:46 PM   #2840
mrbreeze
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 8,184
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guth View Post
eh, my Nomad must weigh 800lbs or more. And I'm not getting any younger.

Travels with Maw Maw
mrbreeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 01:30 PM   #2841
Guth
Gnarly Adventurer

Talking

Guess it's all relative, eh guys?

CB1100 Forum
Old 04-09-2013, 02:37 PM   #2842
lambotte
Adventurer

Oddometer: 96
Quote:

The first one delivered to my local dealership was ABS (my bike). I wonder what the ratio of non ABS to ABS is for this model?
lambotte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 05:23 PM   #2843
Dav101
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 119
Quote:

One very happy abs owner. ...and yes I'm well aware the arrow pointing to me says "place no heavy objects on top of the crate."

Dav101 screwed with this post 04-09-2013 at 05:31 PM
Dav101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 05:43 PM   #2844
KMC1
There is no spoon.

Oddometer: 2,321
I saw one tonight at the local honda shop. Non-abs version. I have to say; well done honda! She's a beauty.

It's nice and light feeling, small and exudes quality. If I was serious about one, I'd have bought it.

They're asking $9999+tax/freight/etc,

An Overview of the United States National Debt: http://www.davemanuel.com/us-national-debt-clock.php
KMC1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 06:31 PM   #2845
The other Ferret
Motorcycle nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dav101 View Post

One very happy abs owner. ...and yes I'm well aware the arrow pointing to me says "place no heavy objects on top of the crate."
Lol nice. Now theres an excited owner. Great pic!
Old 04-09-2013, 07:46 PM   #2846
The other Ferret
Motorcycle nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by CA200 View Post
The National Cycle shield # I used was a N8332,
I sent some pictures off to them also.

CA200... Couple q's..

(1) why that model and not the classic Plexifairing with The longer legs?

(2) any issues with installation?

(3) any instability at speed?
Old 04-09-2013, 07:54 PM   #2847
Dav101
Gnarly Adventurer

The story of my day. A good day.

(The Pictures are a mix of at the dealer and after I got home today.)

Went by my dealer this morning to drop off a pcx150 for first service when my dealer said the truck with your bike just left.

I asked him where he was headed with it and he said no dummy your bike is around back.

Unfortunately he didn't have time to set it up today but couldn't stand the hurt look I gave him and he let me uncrate it and get it ready. We shoved the crate on the sales floor so he could keep in eye on me while he went about his business.

Things went smoothly, I needed help getting it off the base of the crate but all in all I didn't have to bother him for much. I started to install the heated grips but didn't like the feel of the throttle movement when I replaced the grip so abandoned that idea and put the stock grip back on. I went ahead and installed the accessory headlight bucket, meter covers, and rack because the parts were there and I had all the time in the world.

I washed the exhaust system in 3 steps. Simple green. Isopropyl alcohol. Water. I'm sure the pipes are going to turn color but at least I did everything I knew how to prevent anything extreme from happening.

I installed the battery which read 12.9 volts and put a battery tender pigtail on (It's in the garage trickeling now). ...And then I test rode it to my trailer I had with me.

...And then I went "WEE WEE WEE" all the way home!

I have to go back tommorrow to do the paperwork and get a temporary plate so I can really ride it on the roads. It wasn't quite setup in inventory yet. Disclaimer: Before anyone gets the wrong idea the dealer did check every little thing before I took off with it including a short test ride. That's what I'm saying.

Unfortunatly it looks like heavy thunder storms are expected all day tommorrow so I will have to wait for the weekend. I did ride it for a very brief moment from the front door to my trailer and gushed how buttery smooth everything felt... engine, position, clutch, brakes, first and second gear, ...trailer .

Oh and before I forget... for anyone that has not got their bike yet: You may want to tell your dealer you want the giant bag the crate is in. It's kind of neat ...has a plastic zipper down one side to ease it's removal. If you don't do a cut out and plaster it up on an empty garage wall for back ground ambiance you can at least make a nice custom Honda CB1100 kite
out of the material and be the only one on your block with one.

...and, see that little plastic bag enveloping the seat when its still in the crate? Save that. Would make for a nice seat rain cover for a while if taken care of. It has an elastic band sewn in that holds tight under the seat and it is perfectly sized for the seat.

Hope some of you enjoyed my day. I enjoyed sharing it with you.
Old 04-09-2013, 08:15 PM   #2848
siyeh
Lawn Nazi

Oddometer: 1,499
Sweet ride report! I would like to hear more about the heated grips?
siyeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 08:20 PM   #2849
Dav101
Gnarly Adventurer

Oh and before I forget....

When I was washing the corrosion preventative Honda applies to the exhaust... I noticed the rear wheel was completely splattered with chain grease, spokes and all. So I used simple green to remove all of the grease from the rim and spokes. It took some time.

While I was doing this I noticed the chain grease was all over the inside of the rear brake disk. Tisk tisk Honda. I took care of that too.

Also if you swap out the stock black headlight bucket for the accessory one in plasti-chrome... Take a picture of how the wiring cables run in the back inside of the headlight shell after taking the headlight glass off so you have something to go by when your fishing all teh cables through the replacement shell. Yeah, that was fun. Took me three times before I was satisfied I got it right. ...and watch out for all the colored wires that have to be pulled apart and then reattaches after the swap out. There are 2 green wires that have to be pulled apart. If your not paying attention at some point you will have 4 green wires that all look suspicously similar and may get confused on what goes where.

I noticed this while unplugging all the connectors and made sure to keep it straight somehow. Still, if you ever get the chance to farkel your bike on the sales floor, it's fun... because you don't have to worry about getting in over your head because if you do... your already where you need to be.
Old 04-09-2013, 08:29 PM   #2850
lambotte
Adventurer

Oddometer: 96
Thanks for posting the pics. I now know the rack is a must but I'm on the fence regarding the chrome gauge covers.

Kevin
lambotte is offline   Reply With Quote