ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Bikes > Road warriors
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 04-14-2013, 09:42 PM   #2956
Guth
Gnarly Adventurer
 
Joined: Jan 2013
Location: Pacific Northwest
Oddometer: 149
Quote:
Originally Posted by dirtdreamer50 View Post
Congrats Guth on opening up the new forum. Nicely done. I'm sure you will get world wide followers. When the modding starts, the forum should really take off.
tomp dd50
Thanks dd50.

Hopefully I get things figured out before the wave hits.

It's really good to see so many here signing up over on the forum. But there have been a few problems being reported on the forums first day:

One person has notified me of an account confirmation issue and another is having issues not being able stay logged in from a certain machine. But, the earlier I find out about these things the better.
__________________
1988 Honda Hawk GT
2013 Honda CB1100

CB1100 Forum
Guth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2013, 10:29 PM   #2957
Dav101
Gnarly Adventurer
 
Joined: Sep 2012
Oddometer: 119
Quote:
Originally Posted by greywolves View Post
"…And thank you to Honda, well done."


So my question to you Dav101, my good man is:

How does the CB1100 compare to the CB1000R?
These are 2 bikes on my short list and the 1000R gets RAVE reviews so IF you gotta choose one???

Thanks
That's an easy one Mr Greywolf, the CB1000R does everything better when you must compare it to the CB1100. Sharp scalpel like brakes, ridiculous pull, comfortable as all get out, designed in Rome for Honda and built in Italy. Gorgeousness personified. It has a mean stance and it's all engine. When I'm not riding it I keep it suspended off the floor in the garage like a piece of art - which it is in every sense of the word.



I even had a dust cover for it but only got to use it a couple times when the bike was still new - it kept friends away from it during several garage soirees of bad judgement and questionable behavior before the cover got ruined.




Now I'm sure you know we are comparing apples and oranges here. I have to wear a whole different class of gear when I take off on the CB1000R. You have to. I don't care who you are - it brings out the hooligan in you. And that my friend is why if I HAD TO CHOOSE between the two, the CB1100 would be the keeper. Because I'm all grown up now. The CB1100 makes everyday sensable riding enjoyable. But by the same token, I'm not dead yet, and I keep the CB1000R around to ...let's just say ...burn off excess energy. I'm quite through with the old days when I was younger - coming home on the 600F4i - shutting the garage door, running to a window and peeking out between the blinds to see if anyone followed me and saw what I had been doing. (I had an early Sunday morning ritual out in a desolate knot of roads way out in "farm country")

...and don't tease me about the chicken strips. Like I said ...I'm not THAT guy any more, I don't have to pretend to be a GP racer to get the old heart racing at my age.

So I guess it comes down to whether your a mature rider if you want a CB1000R. If your going to use it as a daily rider - I still wouldn't trust myself - but that's me. For some people the temptation to use the bikes potential would be irresistable. If your like me and you have a few bikes you like to use for different things, your golden. The CB1100 does all things well, you would never regret having a modern UJM ...it's an "everyman's" bike.

Sorry for the off topic banter everyone.
Dav101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 05:48 AM   #2958
Gas Hog
Two Wheel Fanatic
 
Gas Hog's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2008
Location: 7,000ft CO
Oddometer: 976
Quote:
Originally Posted by rainm40150 View Post
A week ago I added a new CB1100A. S/N 000027. Reminds me of my 78 Suzuki GS1000E.
Western Co..where did you pick yours up?
Gary
Gas Hog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 10:39 AM   #2959
jamboa
jamboa
 
jamboa's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2004
Location: Central Arkansas
Oddometer: 868
same here. I own a 04 Bonnie Red 904 BB and just got my CB11. I like that name CB11!
Quote:
Originally Posted by cb400four View Post
Dogjaw, you could always get both!

__________________
04 Triumph 904 Bonneville SE
08 Suzuki GSX1300 BK B King
10 Kawasaki 650 Versys
13 CB1100F
12 Speedmaster
jamboa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 11:12 AM   #2960
buck80mph
"Power Junkie"
 
buck80mph's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2009
Location: louisiana
Oddometer: 197
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamboa View Post
same here. I own a 04 Bonnie Red 904 BB and just got my CB11. I like that name CB11!
Yea CB11 works for me. Just don't leave off a 1. CB1? Wonder how bad the CB11 can beat the CB1 0 to 90mph?

It's time for a full road test on the CB...
__________________
2011 1050 Speed Triple
2012 750 Kawasaki Brute Force
2010 800 polaris rzr-s
buck80mph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 11:36 AM   #2961
rainm40150
rainm40150
 
Joined: Apr 2013
Location: Western Colorado
Oddometer: 2
Thumb

[QUOTE=Gas Hog;21188568]Western Co..where did you pick yours up?


All Sports Honda, Grand Junction: see Peter.
rainm40150 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 11:38 AM   #2962
pjensen641
Gnarly Adventurer
 
pjensen641's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2006
Location: Boone, IA
Oddometer: 332
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dav101 View Post
That's an easy one Mr Greywolf, the CB1000R does everything better when you must compare it to the CB1100. Sharp scalpel like brakes, ridiculous pull, comfortable as all get out, designed in Rome for Honda and built in Italy. Gorgeousness personified. It has a mean stance and it's all engine. When I'm not riding it I keep it suspended off the floor in the garage like a piece of art - which it is in every sense of the word.



I even had a dust cover for it but only got to use it a couple times when the bike was still new - it kept friends away from it during several garage soirees of bad judgement and questionable behavior before the cover got ruined.




Now I'm sure you know we are comparing apples and oranges here. I have to wear a whole different class of gear when I take off on the CB1000R. You have to. I don't care who you are - it brings out the hooligan in you. And that my friend is why if I HAD TO CHOOSE between the two, the CB1100 would be the keeper. Because I'm all grown up now. The CB1100 makes everyday sensable riding enjoyable. But by the same token, I'm not dead yet, and I keep the CB1000R around to ...let's just say ...burn off excess energy. I'm quite through with the old days when I was younger - coming home on the 600F4i - shutting the garage door, running to a window and peeking out between the blinds to see if anyone followed me and saw what I had been doing. (I had an early Sunday morning ritual out in a desolate knot of roads way out in "farm country")

...and don't tease me about the chicken strips. Like I said ...I'm not THAT guy any more, I don't have to pretend to be a GP racer to get the old heart racing at my age.

So I guess it comes down to whether your a mature rider if you want a CB1000R. If your going to use it as a daily rider - I still wouldn't trust myself - but that's me. For some people the temptation to use the bikes potential would be irresistable. If your like me and you have a few bikes you like to use for different things, your golden. The CB1100 does all things well, you would never regret having a modern UJM ...it's an "everyman's" bike.

Sorry for the off topic banter everyone.

Can you tell us about the stand, never seen one like that?
pjensen641 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 12:47 PM   #2963
The other Ferret
Motorcycle nut
 
Joined: Jan 2013
Location: Southwest Ohio
Oddometer: 269
My son wanted a CB1000R in the worst way until he saw one in person. Radiator shrouds turned him off. Said it reminded him of a Buell 1125. Ive heard they are awesome bikes.

Added my third farkle to the CB 11 (I like that too) a hemet guardian for 2 helmets to the rear lic plate bracket. Ive got em on 3 of my bikes. Very handy.
The other Ferret is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 01:00 PM   #2964
dirtdreamer50
long time rider
 
dirtdreamer50's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2010
Location: texas coast
Oddometer: 1,049
Ferret, give your son two words of advice, "Speed Triple". That or "Super Duke", if you can find one.

Will you post a pic or link for the helmet guardian about which you spoke? dd50
dirtdreamer50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 02:25 PM   #2965
Dav101
Gnarly Adventurer
 
Joined: Sep 2012
Oddometer: 119
Quote:
Originally Posted by pjensen641 View Post
Can you tell us about the stand, never seen one like that?
PJensen, here is a youtube link that should get you on track to learn more about Bursig stands. It is a German company. They have a distributor in the U.S. They demonstrate the stand with wheels toward the end of the video. I think there are other companies that make suspiciously similar stands for less but remember the old adage: you get what you pay for.

http://youtu.be/u1nFEGui3dI
Dav101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 02:26 PM   #2966
The other Ferret
Motorcycle nut
 
Joined: Jan 2013
Location: Southwest Ohio
Oddometer: 269
Comes in black or chrome

http://www.cruisercustomizing.com/-h...s/part/STA-HGX
The other Ferret is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 02:52 PM   #2967
dirtdreamer50
long time rider
 
dirtdreamer50's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2010
Location: texas coast
Oddometer: 1,049
Thanks, dd50
dirtdreamer50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 06:31 PM   #2968
The other Ferret
Motorcycle nut
 
Joined: Jan 2013
Location: Southwest Ohio
Oddometer: 269
Turned over 400 miles on my ride tonight. Loving this bike!
The other Ferret is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 07:34 PM   #2969
rudk
Adventurer
 
Joined: May 2011
Oddometer: 81
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dav101 View Post


....Before I forget I will mention my background ownerships and statistics: 5’11 ....





Are you sure your not taller than 5'11"???

Maybe it's just an effect of the pic. I also have to admit that I've not seen the bike in person yet, but it really looks diminutive on that picture.
rudk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 07:36 PM   #2970
GSAviator
Gnarly Adventurer
 
GSAviator's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2007
Location: Colorado Springs
Oddometer: 133


First day Apr. 12 -- a little cold. Broke 100 miles today anyhow. When will winter leave us?

OK, it looks like everyone else's! Phone camera quality.
__________________
Turkey Creek Jack Johnson: Why you doin' this, Doc?
Doc Holliday: Because Wyatt Earp is my friend.
Turkey Creek Jack Johnson: Friend? Hell, I got lots of friends.
Doc Holliday: I don't.
GSAviator is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

.
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Times are GMT -7.   It's 08:08 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2014