Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-08-2013, 09:22 PM   #3166
M3-SRT8
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 268
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamboa View Post
My first order for CB11 goodies from Japan went so well I just placed another order. An order of a lil over $500 gets U free shipping if U buy less U will pay out your arse!
Soooo...if I purchase from them the Wyvern Classic 4-4 S/S exhaust system, which is well over 720 bucks, I get Free Shipping to the USA?

M3-SRT8 screwed with this post 05-08-2013 at 09:32 PM
M3-SRT8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 12:21 PM   #3167
mrbreeze
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 7,895
I was just over at the local Honda dealership. They have a CB1100 on the floor. I asked the guy how many they had sold so far - none.

They have sold several NC700's and he said the first 6 CTX 700's they get are already spoken for.

Travels with Maw Maw
mrbreeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 03:10 PM   #3168
Guth
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 149
Sounds like sales are running hot or cold in various parts of the country, or from one dealer to the next.

Where is your local dealer located Mr. Breeze?

CB1100 Forum
Guth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 03:21 PM   #3169
dirtdreamer50
long time rider

Oddometer: 1,017
Guth, I wonder if the extra cost of the 1100 over the 700's is a deciding factor for those looking for low cost/low expense transportation over a retro exclusive.
$2-3K is a lot of money in this economy, and the 700's are being sold as high mpg low investment motorcycles. I know that cost differences are major factors in what is purchased in my industry, today... tomp dd50
dirtdreamer50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 05:29 PM   #3170
Guth
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 149
Perhaps, but I sort of doubt it. I have a hard time imagining someone considering the both the CB1100 and the 700s. Like you said, a retro exclusive v.s. lower cost / lower expense transportation. For example, I was largely comparing the CB with the Triumph Bonnevilles and the Moto Guzzi V7s. If cost was a factor, I would have been more drawn to the basic Bonneville as opposed to the Honda 700s. I'm definitely not bagging on the 700s, I just see that bike as appealing to a different segment of the market.

I've been tracking member comments regarding the sales success of the CB over on the CB1100 forum and there is a fair amount of contrast between a number of the answers provided. Some dealers having sold every CB they could get their hands on and others with their first bike received still on the floor.

Mr. Breeze's post is interesting because of the noted success of the new CTX700. So obviously certain bikes are moving in that market. I'm just curious where in particular that happens to be.

CB1100 Forum
Guth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 05:33 PM   #3171
Randy
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,259
Saw one at the dealer yesterday. Must say that I was pretty underwhelmed. Probably a nice bike but I think it looks better in pictures than in person. Just not inspiring to me personally.

"some might call it a 'midlife crisis', I prefer to call it a renaissance of thought and action"... "Life is too short to do anything other than that about which you are absolutely passionate."..."Adventure is a frame of mind, set upon by action, not defined by equipment."..."It all boils down to your ability to say "SCREW IT" and really mean it"....Randy
Randy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 06:28 PM   #3172
dirtdreamer50
long time rider

Oddometer: 1,017
Quote:
Originally Posted by Randy View Post
Saw one at the dealer yesterday. Must say that I was pretty underwhelmed. Probably a nice bike but I think it looks better in pictures than in person. Just not inspiring to me personally.

I only saw one, still in the crate. Looked pretty good, even still in the metal shipping cage. Never saw it assembled. Sold immediately......
dirtdreamer50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 08:12 PM   #3173
davevv
One more old rider

Oddometer: 2,323
Quote:

I had the same reaction when I saw one last week. It's a nice bike, but it just didn't excite me like I had expected it to.
davevv is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 08:43 PM   #3174
Super Sneaky Steve
B@nned Club :D

Oddometer: 4,076
Quote:
Originally Posted by davevv View Post
I had the same reaction when I saw one last week. It's a nice bike, but it just didn't excite me like I had expected it to.
I think Honda should have given it the cafe treatment. Hard not to get excited about that.

It is a wee bit too conservative.
Super Sneaky Steve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 09:27 PM   #3175
OldF7Guy
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 290
Quote:
Originally Posted by dirtdreamer50 View Post
Guth, I wonder if the extra cost of the 1100 over the 700's is a deciding factor for those looking for low cost/low expense transportation over a retro exclusive.
$2-3K is a lot of money in this economy, and the 700's are being sold as high mpg low investment motorcycles. I know that cost differences are major factors in what is purchased in my industry, today... tomp dd50
I may be wrong but I see the 700 as more of a commuter type bike than the CB11. I think cost, utility, and gas mileage are all huge factors. Its just catering to a different market. Guys are getting 60-70 mpg out of them and that is just crazy to me for its size. 700 must be the sweet spot for that.

The CB500 is due out any day and I bet its going to cut into some sales of the 700. I dont think either will cut into the CB11 sales. Its just a different segment and price point imo.

Oh, and congrats to you M3-SRT8. You have been a patient man for sure.
OldF7Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 03:44 AM   #3176
danketchpel
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,905
Quote:

Wow, my reaction was quite different. It's one of the few new Hondas I even consider owning and admit it got me pretty excited. I really like standard style bikes in that format.

I will also admit that for my needs it would have to be a second bike and $11k is a little steep for that bike. I think that bike should sell for ~$9,750 or just under $10k.

I'd like to ride one to see how much better it is compared to buying an older UJM or even a Bonneville for $8k.
00 Suzi DRZ400-S
danketchpel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 04:25 AM   #3177
JerseyBiker
Scootarazzi

Oddometer: 1,916
Quote:
Originally Posted by davevv View Post
Same here exactly.
JerseyBiker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 06:25 AM   #3178
Ginger Beard
I have no soul

Oddometer: 6,120
Now that these bikes are actually being bought and ridden, does anyone have real world MPG figures?
Ginger Beard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 06:37 AM   #3179
cbolling
Here...Hold my Beer.

Oddometer: 2,695
Quote:

I am going to go by the dealership this weekend and see if they have one.

http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=661436
cbolling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 08:26 AM   #3180
mrbreeze
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 7,895
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guth View Post
Sounds like sales are running hot or cold in various parts of the country, or from one dealer to the next.

Where is your local dealer located Mr. Breeze?

Franklin, TN. The odd thing is, this is a very affluent area, but bikes sales are pretty slow, at least for Japanese bikes.

http://www.hondaofcoolsprings.com/

Travels with Maw Maw
mrbreeze is offline   Reply With Quote