Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-13-2013, 11:54 AM   #3226
Gas Hog
Two Wheel Fanatic

Oddometer: 940
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldbutslow View Post
Who out there has rung the neck of this bike versus another? I'm curious if this thing will out-run it's ancestors, brethren, or it's own shadow. These are motorcycles, aren't they....? ,BK
I got mine up to 55 today going to lunch
Gary
Gas Hog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2013, 12:01 PM   #3227
The Kurgan
Firing on one cylinder

Oddometer: 349
Just gorgeous
2003 Suzuki SV1000S, 1975 Honda CB500T (two of them)
1984 Yamaha Riva 180
The Kurgan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2013, 02:39 PM   #3228
buck80mph
"Power Junkie"

Oddometer: 191
Quote:
Who out there has rung the neck of this bike versus another? I'm curious if this thing will out-run it's ancestors, brethren, or it's own shadow. These are motorcycles, aren't they....? ,BK
Oh yea! My kind of question!!
buck80mph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2013, 05:40 PM   #3229
The other Ferret
Motorcycle nut

Oddometer: 269
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gas Hog View Post
Gary
Man, you go to lunch in a beautiful place.
The other Ferret is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2013, 07:39 PM   #3230
Gas Hog
Two Wheel Fanatic

Thanks, that field is about 2 miles from the house on the way down the mountain to town. Pic doesn't show it very well but that field is glowing with those purple flowers. I need to go back and try again.
Gary
Old 05-14-2013, 12:12 AM   #3231
Guth
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 149
Quote:
Who out there has wrung the neck of this bike versus another? I'm curious if this thing will out-run it's ancestors, brethren, or it's own shadow. These are motorcycles, aren't they....? ,BK
I've tried to be somewhat reasonable during the "break in" period, but even then, after the engine has had a chance to warm up, I've worked it fairly hard for short periods. Unfortunately, or perhaps fortunately, I really don't have anything to compare the CB1100 with other than my '88 Hawk GT. The CB1100 definitely pulls plenty hard through the gears by comparison, but I'm guessing that's not exactly the comparison you had in mind. The bottom line is that I could get in plenty of trouble with either bike if I chose to, although I could get into more trouble with less effort on the CB1100.

I'm old enough now that I'm not overly concerned about performance figures. When I was on a ride the other weekend out in a rural area, I got stuck behind a farm tractor for a short period of time. As soon as the I could see that the coast was clear, I went to pass and proceeded to get on it a bit. The strong, steady pull of the bike put a nice smile on my face and that feeling was enough of a performance indicator to keep me happy.

CB1100 Forum
Guth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2013, 02:46 AM   #3232
INTP
n00b

Oddometer: 6
Cb1100

Quote:
Who out there has wrung the neck of this bike versus another? I'm curious if this thing will out-run it's ancestors, brethren, or it's own shadow. These are motorcycles, aren't they....? ,BK
I had concerns about the bikes power, my previous two bikes were a ZRX and a ZX12.

I have yet to engage in a formal speed contest, but it is faster than a Hinckley Bonnie. It has crisper throttle response than a ZRX because of the FI, but the Rex still pulls harder.

I would compare the power of this CB to an old KZ1000, but I am sure it will feel faster once the exhaust is opened up.

The nature of this bike makes me ignore the speedometer and that will cause me trouble.
INTP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2013, 05:38 AM   #3233
skysailor
Rat Rider

Oddometer: 3,346
"My" dealer still has one. He's only getting the one. No more for central Canada. He still wants 13600 for it. I hope it sits there forever! I think it may. Canadian motorcyclists have had enough of Honda Canada's shit!(I wont even buy a wee whacker from the slimy pricks!) At least, this one has. Too bad....I really like the bike, but, I like root canal work as well. Can't believe the positive feed back the bike is getting here. Don't imagine it has much more "usable" grunt than my 650 Bandit? Are most of the buyers folks who want to go back in time, or ones who didn't do the 80's the first time?
Lyle
skysailor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2013, 05:54 AM   #3234
Gas Hog
Two Wheel Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by skysailor View Post
Can't believe the positive feed back the bike is getting here. Don't imagine it has much more "usable" grunt than my 650 Bandit? Are most of the buyers folks who want to go back in time, or ones who didn't do the 80's the first time?
Lyle
.. Ok to summarize you cant afford a yard implement, and you are mad at the gov..So you came here to crap on this thread..that about it?
Thanks for the input
Gary
Old 05-14-2013, 06:48 AM   #3235
mrbreeze
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 7,892
Quote:
"My" dealer still has one. He's only getting the one. No more for central Canada. He still wants 13600 for it. I hope it sits there forever! I think it may. Canadian motorcyclists have had enough of Honda Canada's shit!(I wont even buy a wee whacker from the slimy pricks!) At least, this one has. Too bad....I really like the bike, but, I like root canal work as well. Can't believe the positive feed back the bike is getting here. Don't imagine it has much more "usable" grunt than my 650 Bandit? Are most of the buyers folks who want to go back in time, or ones who didn't do the 80's the first time?
Lyle
somebody needs to go for a ride...

Travels with Maw Maw
mrbreeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2013, 07:20 AM   #3236
buck80mph
"Power Junkie"

Oddometer: 191
Quote:
Lyle
Lmao! I sure didn't think that Canadian beer produced such an angry drunk! U should try Cannabis! Chill dude! It's not our fault you can't handle a bike with more than 650cc's....
buck80mph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2013, 09:59 AM   #3237
Gypped
Adventurer

Oddometer: 41
Quote:
Lyle
No, you're right. The CB is just like a root canal, and there's no way it could keep up with your Bandit. I mean, it's only got 5 more hp, and TWICE the torque, both available considerably earlier in the rpm range. If you were to move on up to a Bandit 1250, that would be a different thing.

If you can't believe that, for some odd reason, the people that own the new CB also actually *like* the bike they've purchased, you may need to rethink some things. If you're looking for negative feedback, you may want to look for the people who have ridden one and then *didn't* buy it. There has been some negative feedback for the bike, but those people didn't buy them.

It's fine, you can keep being jealous of the CB. We're probably not going to be jealous your Bandit though, sorry.
Gypped is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2013, 11:16 AM   #3238
skysailor
Rat Rider

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gypped View Post
No, you're right. The CB is just like a root canal, and there's no way it could keep up with your Bandit. I mean, it's only got 5 more hp, and TWICE the torque, both available considerably earlier in the rpm range. If you were to move on up to a Bandit 1250, that would be a different thing.

If you can't believe that, for some odd reason, the people that own the new CB also actually *like* the bike they've purchased, you may need to rethink some things. If you're looking for negative feedback, you may want to look for the people who have ridden one and then *didn't* buy it. There has been some negative feedback for the bike, but those people didn't buy them.

It's fine, you can keep being jealous of the CB. We're probably not going to be jealous your Bandit though, sorry.
Well, I do like the bike. I'm not in the least "jealous", and I'm not angry at the government. I do however refuse to pay over 30% over the price you guys paid for the same bike. Question. Serious now, lets put the mud slinging aside. Would you pay and extra 30-40% for that bike. Ignore the fact that you don't have to for a moment....would you? If you knew WE got it for 30-40% LESS than you do?
You would not...and neither will I. I have a standing offer to buy one at 11K. I think that's a fair price. Cheers guys.....I know ya love your CB1100's. Ride safe.
Lyle
Old 05-14-2013, 11:17 AM   #3239
skysailor
Rat Rider

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gas Hog View Post
Gary
That IS a very pretty bike! Enjoy the shit out of it!
Lyle
Old 05-14-2013, 11:36 AM   #3240
Gas Hog
Two Wheel Fanatic

Quote:
Question. Serious now, lets put the mud slinging aside. Would you pay and extra 30-40% for that bike. Ignore the fact that you don't have to for a moment....would you? If you knew WE got it for 30-40% LESS than you do?
Lyle
Yes I would..

Ok just thinking back.. last week, I stood in line for way too long to complain that a vending machine ate a dollar bill..
so maybe not after all
Gary