Go Back   ADVrider > Bikes > Road warriors
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-22-2013, 06:10 AM   #3286
PotatoSam
n00b

Oddometer: 6
Just another random pic from your Potato Friend.

PotatoSam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 06:46 AM   #3287
darmahman
"Illogically Deluded"

Oddometer: 2,769
Mine is at exactly 4000 RPM's at 70 in 5th gear. Quite acceptable to me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gas Hog View Post
First fill up @111 miles was 53.02 mpg.. And that is of course going up and down on the throttle for the break in.
Been crapy weather combined with little time, but I think I will change out the rear sprocket as it has plenty of power but is too low geared. I need to recheck, but close to 4,000 @60ish is ridiculous.
With that change and break in behind me this thing might approach 60mpg
Gary
darmahman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 10:09 AM   #3288
M3-SRT8
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 268
Lack of power? How much, on the Street, do you really need?

The cb1100 very quietly goes about it's business. Plenty of power to leave traffic in it's track.

I've never ridden a more smooth, refined, and composed bike. It's like a turbine, quietly spooling up or down as needs require. It's sooo quiet you don't realize how fast you're going.

I'll ride it this way for the summer, then put on a set of 4-4 pipes, probably from R's Gear. Expensive now, and only available from Japan. Maybe they'll open up a distributor in the US and knock the price down.
M3-SRT8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 11:12 AM   #3289
schnutzy
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 375
been thinking of a change in bikes, stopped by a dealer to do a few test sits and see whats out there.
they had a CB1100 on the floor. damn that thing looks good. little smaller then i thought it would be though. oh well. still one hell of a looker

2012 Suzuki TU250x
schnutzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 11:55 AM   #3290
Guth
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 149
I'm very happy with the bike just the way it came from the factory. That's a good thing since I can't afford to spend money on too many additional accessories at this point anyway. The one thing I might consider changing down the road is the exhaust, as the factory unit is extremely quiet. Like M3, I'll be curious to see how things shake out with distributor options down the road for existing brands/parts. Not to mention what new items might be developed here locally (in my case here in the States) over time.

CB1100 Forum
Guth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 06:05 PM   #3291
Gas Hog
Two Wheel Fanatic

Oddometer: 913
Quote:
Originally Posted by M3-SRT8 View Post
I've never ridden a more smooth, refined, and composed bike. It's like a turbine, quietly spooling up or down as needs require. It's sooo quiet you don't realize how fast you're going.
My thoughts exactly, its amazing how cool this thing is.. just as is.
Gary
Gas Hog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2013, 09:36 PM   #3292
Blakebird
r-u-n-n-o-f-t

Oddometer: 14,914
Quote:
Originally Posted by darmahman View Post
Mine is at exactly 4000 RPM's at 70 in 5th gear. Quite acceptable to me.
Hey Mike - haven't dipped into this thread for a while, did not realize you'd picked up a CB1100.

I'd been reading things like "if you're over 6' it's too small a bike" kinda things....and was getting the impression it was a smallish bike, never having seen one in the flesh.

I flew to DFW last weekend to pick up a new leftover VFR1200 for $9,999 and ride it back - and they had a CB1100 on the floor, so I swung a leg over.
Completely normal size, very comfortable and looked like it would be a great fit.
The fit and finish was excellent (as it is on the big VFR)

We'll have to get together for a ride some weekend - lunch in Steamboat maybe.
IBA #11735 . 1968-present
Blakebird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2013, 05:14 AM   #3293
darmahman
"Illogically Deluded"

Oddometer: 2,769
Now that is a deal on the VFR..
Yea, I am trying to simplyfy the garage and sold 3 bikes and a trailer to get this.
Once I get the R100 sold I will relax.( need a duel sport, I think)
Come up some time and we can ride Stove Prairie and Poudre - have lunch at Mish.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blakebird View Post
Hey Mike - haven't dipped into this thread for a while, did not realize you'd picked up a CB1100.

I'd been reading things like "if you're over 6' it's too small a bike" kinda things....and was getting the impression it was a smallish bike, never having seen one in the flesh.

I flew to DFW last weekend to pick up a new leftover VFR1200 for $9,999 and ride it back - and they had a CB1100 on the floor, so I swung a leg over.
Completely normal size, very comfortable and looked like it would be a great fit.
The fit and finish was excellent (as it is on the big VFR)

We'll have to get together for a ride some weekend - lunch in Steamboat maybe.
darmahman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2013, 09:41 PM   #3294
bowlingballhead
Adventurer

Oddometer: 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by skysailor View Post
Finally had a look at one in person. It was WHITE! They only come in WHITE in Canada. Looked like a refrigerator. Or some large kitchen appliance. WHITE?

"You're lookin' at the Fridge, I'm the rookie. I may be large, but I'm no dumb cookie."

bowlingballhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2013, 05:40 AM   #3295
Jim K.
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 769
White only?

To some of our northern cousins who don't like the white fridge look, I see one of the positives of this bike is that the tank is the only painted part (assuming you like the side covers in silver). Check in with some of your local body shop guys. I think with a little shopping around, you could get some one to shoot the tank for pretty minimal money. Especially if you are willing to pop the tank & do some wet sanding & prep work yourself. A quart of paint is pretty cheap, you can get any color under the rainbow, & you give your local guy some work.
Jim K. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2013, 09:16 AM   #3296
lambotte
Adventurer

Oddometer: 84
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim K. View Post
To some of our northern cousins who don't like the white fridge look, I see one of the positives of this bike is that the tank is the only painted part (assuming you like the side covers in silver). Check in with some of your local body shop guys. I think with a little shopping around, you could get some one to shoot the tank for pretty minimal money. Especially if you are willing to pop the tank & do some wet sanding & prep work yourself. A quart of paint is pretty cheap, you can get any color under the rainbow, & you give your local guy some work.
I think the white would have looked great with the blacked out engine and the black spoke comstars we have on the US bike. It needs some contrast.

Kevin

2013 Honda CB 1100
lambotte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2013, 09:23 AM   #3297
Dooga
Adventure Tourer

Oddometer: 275
Ah, powder coated black!
Old 05-26-2013, 01:36 PM   #3298
vicvegas
eager beaver

Oddometer: 186
The one Cb i have seen here in Manitoba at a dealership had the black wheels and engine, same as the US version.
vicvegas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2013, 03:30 PM   #3299
vicvegas
eager beaver

Oddometer: 186
vicvegas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2013, 03:37 PM   #3300
bowlingballhead
Adventurer

Oddometer: 30
Still looks like a fridge.
bowlingballhead is offline   Reply With Quote