ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Bikes > Road warriors
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 05-26-2013, 03:43 PM   #3301
vicvegas
eager beaver
 
vicvegas's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2010
Location: Thompson,Mb
Oddometer: 186
Hopefully it comes out with the black tank next yr. i dont see why Honda could'nt offer it in a half dozen colors when there only painting the tank.
vicvegas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2013, 04:14 PM   #3302
dirtdreamer50
long time rider
 
dirtdreamer50's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2010
Location: texas coast
Oddometer: 1,016
I kinda like it. The last white bike I had was a '68 Yamaha DT1. tp dd50
__________________
Little Fauss: I was going faster than I ever went in my whole life, then I fell off.
dirtdreamer50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2013, 05:11 PM   #3303
RedRocket
Yeah! I want Cheesy Poofs
 
RedRocket's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2003
Location: SoCal
Oddometer: 19,041
Quote:
Originally Posted by bowlingballhead View Post
Still looks like a fridge.
Nicest looking fridge I've ever seen.
RedRocket is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2013, 05:29 PM   #3304
Guth
Gnarly Adventurer
 
Joined: Jan 2013
Location: Pacific Northwest
Oddometer: 149
Quote:
Originally Posted by bowlingballhead View Post
Still looks like a fridge.
Yet to many of us, it still looks better than anything else out there available for sale in the new bike market right now.

In other words, I'll take the fridge over the garbage disposal (best tucked away and not seen) bikes any day.
__________________
1988 Honda Hawk GT
2013 Honda CB1100

CB1100 Forum
Guth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2013, 05:39 PM   #3305
vicvegas
eager beaver
 
vicvegas's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2010
Location: Thompson,Mb
Oddometer: 186
It sure was refreshing to walk into a Honda dealership and see somthing like that Cb with a nice attention to detail I normally do not expect from Honda. The white was nice and you can tell its a quality paint job but its not the color i would be looking for if i was gonna buy one. The price seems a little steep for the bike to even though i guess it is comparable to say a 1200 sportser. I'd love to have one if i already had two or three other bikes to fill other needs. on the same note though i picture that white CB with a set of those olins remote res shocks and a set of nice black bars, I could probly make the white work if i wanted one bad enough. Now lets hope Honda continues on with this classic style, i know i'd like to see like them do a old school goldwing, i'm picturing a road king style with the two hard bags and no fairing
vicvegas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2013, 08:58 PM   #3306
darmahman
"Illogically Deluded"
 
darmahman's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2003
Location: Fort Collins, CO
Oddometer: 2,768
Vic - That is exactly the thinking behind a UJM - One bike does it all! - Just trying to save u money...


Quote:
Originally Posted by vicvegas View Post
It sure was refreshing to walk into a Honda dealership and see somthing like that Cb with a nice attention to detail I normally do not expect from Honda. The white was nice and you can tell its a quality paint job but its not the color i would be looking for if i was gonna buy one. The price seems a little steep for the bike to even though i guess it is comparable to say a 1200 sportser. I'd love to have one if i already had two or three other bikes to fill other needs. on the same note though i picture that white CB with a set of those olins remote res shocks and a set of nice black bars, I could probly make the white work if i wanted one bad enough. Now lets hope Honda continues on with this classic style, i know i'd like to see like them do a old school goldwing, i'm picturing a road king style with the two hard bags and no fairing
__________________
ABC# - 4011
“Folks are usually about as happy as they make their minds up to be.” Honest Abe
The last honest politician to come out of Illinois
darmahman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2013, 03:40 AM   #3307
Tripl Nikl
Beastly Adventurer
 
Tripl Nikl's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2012
Location: Western Washington
Oddometer: 2,381
Quote:
Originally Posted by vicvegas View Post
Hopefully it comes out with the black tank next yr. i dont see why Honda could'nt offer it in a half dozen colors when there only painting the tank.
There's so many refinish options these days, get the bike and do it yourself. Seriously, vinyl coating or PlatiDipping the tank would be cheap and it has the benefit of protecting the OEM paint.

Gloss black PlastiDip Lotus wheels:


I'm thinking that a "aluminum" tank might look sweet:


Maybe flip the colors a bit, a "aluminum" tank and black side cover. Swap the handlebar for a Triumph Thruxton bar.



Man, I need to get my butt on a CB1100 and stop bench racing my imaginary bike!
Tripl Nikl is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2013, 06:06 PM   #3308
siyeh
Lawn Nazi
 
siyeh's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2005
Location: Evansville, Wisconsin
Oddometer: 1,466
another one sold in wisconsin









put 36 miles on it tonight-I think I will keep it
siyeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2013, 07:52 PM   #3309
Gas Hog
Two Wheel Fanatic
 
Gas Hog's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2008
Location: 7,000ft CO
Oddometer: 910
Looking good
I love the look of those 4 to ones on this bike. Especially when so many are so monstrous.
Gas Hog is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2013, 08:12 PM   #3310
Dave in Wi
Beastly Adventurer
 
Dave in Wi's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2007
Location: Madison WI (40 Square Miles Surrounded By Reality)
Oddometer: 1,894
Quote:
Originally Posted by siyeh View Post
another one sold in wisconsin


put 36 miles on it tonight-I think I will keep it
It did turn out to be a nice day to ride. Congratulations!
__________________
Dave in WI
2002 ZRX1200R
1975 XL100
1988 DT50
"Daddy, it's five o'clock sometime!"
Dave in Wi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2013, 08:49 PM   #3311
KMC1
There is no spoon.
 
Joined: Sep 2008
Location: Greater SLC
Oddometer: 2,192
Saw one in the flesh tonight and got to hear it run. Absolute quality and simply gorgeous in the sun. If I ever win powerball I'm gonna need a Jay Leno garage.
__________________
Obama says adding $4 trillion to debt is unpatriotic: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1kuTG19Cu_Q&sns=em

An Overview of the United States National Debt: http://www.davemanuel.com/us-national-debt-clock.php
KMC1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2013, 04:37 AM   #3312
Domromer
Desert Rat
 
Domromer's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2004
Location: Charleston, South Carolina
Oddometer: 1,084
Anyone here know what the cb1100s weight capacity is? I'm thinking this bike my be a nice basic two up tourer. Just add a givi top box for the passenger to lean on and hit the road.
__________________
If all you ever do is all you’ve ever done, then all you’ll ever get is all you ever got.

http://advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=851060 ... A desert rat explores the south.
Domromer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2013, 07:24 AM   #3313
siyeh
Lawn Nazi
 
siyeh's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2005
Location: Evansville, Wisconsin
Oddometer: 1,466
Quote:
Originally Posted by Domromer View Post
Anyone here know what the cb1100s weight capacity is? I'm thinking this bike my be a nice basic two up tourer. Just add a givi top box for the passenger to lean on and hit the road.
owners manual page 121 says 351 lbs or 159 kg
siyeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2013, 12:28 PM   #3314
Domromer
Desert Rat
 
Domromer's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2004
Location: Charleston, South Carolina
Oddometer: 1,084
Jesus why does Honda always publish such low weight ratings. The silverwing is rated to carry more weight.
__________________
If all you ever do is all you’ve ever done, then all you’ll ever get is all you ever got.

http://advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=851060 ... A desert rat explores the south.
Domromer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2013, 01:27 PM   #3315
Dooga
Adventure Tourer
 
Dooga's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2012
Location: Arlington, VA
Oddometer: 275
I saw one today at Coleman Powersport. It's a gorgeous bike. So small. So well put-together. Awful color. And yes, a little cramped for my frame. Would buy one anyway and just deal. Maybe by the time I can afford one they'll import a lacquer-black model.
__________________
1995 BMW K1100LT
Dooga is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

.
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Times are GMT -7.   It's 03:10 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2014