Go Back   ADVrider > Bikes > Road warriors
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-28-2012, 12:14 PM   #31
mrbreeze
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 7,685
I am surprised to see this rumor showing up again this year. I will be shocked if it comes to the States. I was foaming at the mouth for one of these when they first came out, but I no longer have any interest in it at all. Sorry Honda, but if you wanted to sell one to me, that boat has left the dock.

Travels with Maw Maw
mrbreeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2012, 02:14 PM   #32
bikefreak47
Adventurer

Oddometer: 73
I'll stick with my '83 CB1100f "Hot Rod" purchased off this site. And my 69,000+ mile '94 CB1000f...
bikefreak47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 11:55 AM   #33
RedRocket
Yeah! I want Cheesy Poofs

Oddometer: 19,047
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave in Wi View Post
They did it back in what, 2009 or 10 when it was first introduced also. They had at least one CB1100 in California and I remember one of the motorcycle magazines had a litte writeup on it. They were gauging reactions but for whatever reason they felt it wasn't the right time back then. This might even be the same bike.
Yeah, it was over a 18 months ago that I saw one.
RedRocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 03:16 PM   #34
kraven
Hegelian Scum

Oddometer: 4,729
Maybe they're taking another look at how many retro standards are selling in our market and figure it's worth their time now?
Old 08-29-2012, 06:32 PM   #35
yellowbirdrs
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 967
super sport looks good
yellowbirdrs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 06:45 PM   #36
HapHazard
t00 0ld 2b n00b

Oddometer: 2,180
I remember seeing it in Cycle World in a "look what we aren't going to get" article, and thought it was a great idea.
The all-blackout model doesn't do it for me at all - much prefer red with a silver engine and wheels with CHROME fenders!

That 4-into-1 collector like the old CB400F is great.

Even the white/gray model is cool.

But I have an aircooled 23 year old FJ1200 that would kick it's ass, so it's doubtful I'd buy one - prices at the Honda store are getting up there - the CBR600 is $11,700, if that's any indication of what it would sell for.

HapHazard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012, 06:12 PM   #37
Nightstrom
Adventurer

Oddometer: 14
As long as the ergos (like footpegs) are decent and its large enough, I'd definitely be into buying it. I sat on the Triumph Bonneville SE and it felt like a moped. Pretty small for me. Bikes have gotten too far off pace for the regular guy, IMO. The sportbikes of the 80's, that I grew up with were still a blast, and much more comfortable. Everything just kept getting more extreme. Even the nakeds. We ended up at the age of uncomfortable motorcycles. It left you with slim choices, aside from cruisers and not everyone want one of those. I think people are looking for fun, comfortable motorcycles again. You are seeing it in Adventure touring, and maybe your classic motorcycles again, with modern goodies. I have a 2011 V strom 650. I changed the ergos (lower Corbin Modular seat, lowered footpeg brackets, 1" risers, etc, and it now has a very comfortable, and classic riding ergos. I hope motorcycles head this way again.
Nightstrom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012, 06:27 PM   #38
CajunRider
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 261
A day late and a dollar short.

I just got myself a Triumph Thunderbird Sport. That means... no matter how much I really like the looks of this bike, I won't be getting one.

They should have put them for sale here in the US when they first showed them a few years ago. I may have bought one.
CajunRider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012, 07:35 PM   #39
opmike
Choosing to be here.

Oddometer: 334
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightstrom View Post
Everything just kept getting more extreme. Even the nakeds. We ended up at the age of uncomfortable motorcycles. It left you with slim choices, aside from cruisers and not everyone want one of those. I think people are looking for fun, comfortable motorcycles again.
If you can't find a comfortable, fun, modern motorcycle, you're doing something wrong. The biggest complaints these days seems to be with seats.

Comfortable bikes haven't gone anywhere, they just don't look like a CB750 anymore, and there's no shortage of people that will bitch, piss, moan, and complain about that fact.
opmike is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012, 08:51 PM   #40
AZbiker
Crunkin' with crackers

Oddometer: 6,918
Quote:
Originally Posted by CajunRider View Post
A day late and a dollar short.

I just got myself a Triumph Thunderbird Sport. That means... no matter how much I really like the looks of this bike, I won't be getting one.

They should have put them for sale here in the US when they first showed them a few years ago. I may have bought one.
Those make awesome noises. Nice bikes, except when it comes time to change the air filter.

derek

http://azbiker.smugmug.com

Got SmugMug? If not, save some cash and use my code: McYdbycdcvM5Q
AZbiker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2012, 12:13 AM   #41
zuma
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 201
If you're tallish you probably won't like the CB1100, it's tiny. I'm 187cm tall, the seat height is around 775 mm from memory and when I sat on one, what with the foot peg position it felt too cramped. The small tank (14.5L) is way too small as well, I didn't even bother taking it for a ride.

Now the Versys 1000, that's a different story. I rode a demo bike for around 120k's, probably the most comfortable bike I've ever ridden and that includes Goldwings, ST1300s, FJR1300s etc. The riding position was just so right for me, the seat so comfortable. The screen was hopeless (lots of turbulence whatever the position) but that's easily fixed.
zuma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2012, 12:43 AM   #42
eakins
Butler Maps

Oddometer: 17,244
that's still plenty of omph to get down the road really fast.
this obsession with 2000hp bikes is nuts!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bk brkr baker View Post
Looks nice.

550 + lbs.

87 hp.

Both of the guys that were dieing for this , now will get the chance .

http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=598717
Cycle World Adventure Rally:
http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=956350
eakins is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2012, 12:44 AM   #43
eakins
Butler Maps

that version is awesome looking.
retro and modern.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yellowbirdrs View Post
super sport looks good
Old 08-31-2012, 12:47 AM   #44
eakins
Butler Maps

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobbieAG View Post
I don't think they'll bring this here. First it's too close to the CB1000R unless they drop that model. Second, is it really air cooled? That will cause problems with our strict emissions standards.
this bike? http://powersports.honda.com/2012/cb1000r.aspx
not even remotely looking like that transformer-bike.
Old 08-31-2012, 12:55 AM   #45
eakins
Butler Maps

that's one big reason adv bikes are so popular these days, upright comfortable seating and bar position...like the old standards use to be.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightstrom View Post
As long as the ergos (like footpegs) are decent and its large enough, I'd definitely be into buying it. I sat on the Triumph Bonneville SE and it felt like a moped. Pretty small for me. Bikes have gotten too far off pace for the regular guy, IMO. The sportbikes of the 80's, that I grew up with were still a blast, and much more comfortable. Everything just kept getting more extreme. Even the nakeds. We ended up at the age of uncomfortable motorcycles. It left you with slim choices, aside from cruisers and not everyone want one of those. I think people are looking for fun, comfortable motorcycles again. You are seeing it in Adventure touring, and maybe your classic motorcycles again, with modern goodies. I have a 2011 V strom 650. I changed the ergos (lower Corbin Modular seat, lowered footpeg brackets, 1" risers, etc, and it now has a very comfortable, and classic riding ergos. I hope motorcycles head this way again.