Go Back   ADVrider > Bikes > Road warriors
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-26-2012, 11:59 AM   #556
dirtdreamer50
long time rider

Oddometer: 1,027
That's what I did. Maybe there is no google in Canada... It's ok,I'm on vacation and it's too cold for an enjoyable ride, so google it is.... tomp
Old 12-26-2012, 10:51 PM   #557
Starkmojo
Chief Totberry

Oddometer: 475
I see a lot of people bitching about the price... Personally 10k for a brand new bike would be a steal if the bike had low upkeep costs... Saving a grand on a bike is nothing if the scheduled shop time is frequent and or expensive ( Ducati I am looking at you when I write this), or it is relatively prone to problems. The biggest selling point for me is that Honda has a track record of reliable bikes. As a confirmed bottom feeder on the bike market ( my financial situation took a huge hit a few years ago) I will probably never own a new bike, so the idea of not having to rebuild the carbs, rewire the lights or replace the head gasket 1000 miles after buying a bike for the low low price of 10G sounds like a dream to me. Actually it is a dream to me, one that I will probably fulfill when my daughter gets out of college... She is currently in diapers. By then we will probably be bitching about how new bikes are 30K...
Rule number one kid is don't be a dumbass like your old man
Starkmojo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012, 11:52 PM   #558
DiabloADV
Semi-Occasional

Oddometer: 2,175
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrbreeze;
Hy car has sub, and the valves have never needed adjustment in 160,000 miles.
My 4cyl Tacoma got its first adjustment at 290,000 miles.

'91 Bill Holland Steel w/Dura Ace[/SIZE]
'01 Z3 3.0 Coupe. The Clownshoe.
DiabloADV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 10:21 AM   #559
skysailor
Rat Rider

Oddometer: 3,415
Always thought white was the colour of a kitchen appliance. Fridges and stoves look okay in white. Motorcycles, not so good. Canada gets this bike in white. Why? One colour. It would fit nicely nestled between my fridge and stove. C'MON MAN! White?
Lyle
skysailor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 10:46 AM   #560
dirtdreamer50
long time rider

Oddometer: 1,027
go figure

Quote:
Originally Posted by skysailor View Post
Always thought white was the colour of a kitchen appliance. Fridges and stoves look okay in white. Motorcycles, not so good. Canada gets this bike in white. Why? One colour. It would fit nicely nestled between my fridge and stove. C'MON MAN! White?
Lyle
Ride it up there in the white out winter days, and you would be on a stealth bike. Maybe not such a great color for y'all after all. Red is a "gimme a ticket" color down here, yet that's what we get. The bike would look great in the gold, blue, or green of the earliest models, but we get red and you get white. Go figure...... tp
Old 12-27-2012, 11:08 AM   #561
skysailor
Rat Rider

Oddometer: 3,415
Quote:
Originally Posted by dirtdreamer50 View Post
Ride it up there in the white out winter days, and you would be on a stealth bike. Maybe not such a great color for y'all after all. Red is a "gimme a ticket" color down here, yet that's what we get. The bike would look great in the gold, blue, or green of the earliest models, but we get red and you get white. Go figure...... tp
You get RED. We get WHITE. Who gets BLUE?
skysailor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 11:46 AM   #562
DesmoTull
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 100
Quote:
Originally Posted by skysailor View Post
You get RED. We get WHITE. Who gets BLUE?
Not you...

Seriously though, I like the white. If someone in the Great WHITE North wants to work out a swappy swap with me, I'd consider it!
DesmoTull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 12:52 PM   #563
Smilin' Dave
I am smiling

Oddometer: 118
Quote:
Originally Posted by jly51 View Post
I asked my local dealer about delivery time and price .He say`s march or april,price right now should be $8994.00 OTD unless you are in Tennessee,got to pay the taxes.I would love to have a CB1100 but I bought a Yamaha Tenere last year so i`ll have to wait on this one .Dealership is Abernathy`s-1-731-885-1792,location is northwest Tennessee.
You will likey have to pay your home state. I bought a new bike out of state, and did not pay tax, but still had to pay tax to Michigan to get it road legal. You should only pay the tax once. SS tried to say other wise but the law says only once. In Michigan anyways.
'96 KLR 650
'88 ZX-10
Smilin' Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 04:32 PM   #564
markjenn
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 10,308
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smilin' Dave View Post
You will likey have to pay your home state. I bought a new bike out of state, and did not pay tax, but still had to pay tax to Michigan to get it road legal. You should only pay the tax once. SS tried to say other wise but the law says only once. In Michigan anyways.
When buying out of state, you always want to check on the tax situation. Most states will allow out-of-state residents to forgo paying the sales tax, but not all. And one's home state will usually provide a credit against the required resident sales tax up to the amount spent out of state, but not all. Finally, I don't know of any state that will refund your money in your home state if you spent more for sales tax out of state. If the tax you paid out of state is more than the amount you owe in-state, you're SOL.

In general, the states where it makes sense to do fly/buy deals are those that charge little/no TTL when you buy the bike. I live in WA, but have bought in TX a couple times and it works out well - I usually pay $100 or so for temp tags and doc fees, but that's it. When I get home and register the vehicle, then I get reamed for the nearly-10% home sales tax.

I love fly/buy deals. You get to do a one-way long tour and really get to know your bike on the way home. Total immersion in the new bike experience.

- Mark
markjenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 07:57 AM   #565
mrbreeze
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 8,029
Quote:
Originally Posted by DiabloADV View Post
My 4cyl Tacoma got its first adjustment at 290,000 miles.

I don't know why you put up with that!

Travels with Maw Maw
mrbreeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 08:01 AM   #566
oldhippie1
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 291
Cb1100

This thread has gotton way off track. What does a Tacoma's valve adjustment interval have to do with the CB1100?
What interest me is when will they actually be available in the US and what prices are dealers charging.
oldhippie1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 10:29 AM   #567
RedRocket
Yeah! I want Cheesy Poofs

Oddometer: 19,186
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldhippie1 View Post
This thread has gotton way off track. What does a Tacoma's valve adjustment interval have to do with the CB1100?
What interest me is when will they actually be available in the US and what prices are dealers charging.
Why don't you just go and pay Sticker, at $ 9999 there's probably only about $600 in it for your local dealer. Why not let them stay solvent instead of grinding the pennies out of them. You won't go to work unless you get paid, so find a decent sales rep ( if you can ) and let him make a meager living.
RedRocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 10:55 AM   #568
DesmoTull
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 100
Better flame me too, I'm out to find the best deal I can...
DesmoTull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 10:55 AM   #569
mrbreeze
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 8,029
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedRocket View Post
Why don't you just go and pay Sticker, at $ 9999 there's probably only about $600 in it for your local dealer. Why not let them stay solvent instead of grinding the pennies out of them. You won't go to work unless you get paid, so find a decent sales rep ( if you can ) and let him make a meager living.

the sales rep at my local dealer shows up to work every day in a new Camaro. Not sure how he can swing that, but he does.

Travels with Maw Maw
mrbreeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 11:51 AM   #570
jly51
Adventurer

Oddometer: 41
Redrocket you seem to have read my post wrong,my local shop is pricing the 1100 at $8994.00,I don`t think they would be doing that if it cost them money.They are a high volume low profit shop, so where one shop sells one bike at retail they sell several units at a discount.Would you rather have one customer to sell accessories,warranty,clothing to or 10.I was a salesperson there before retirement so I know a little bit about selling bikes.It is alot easier selling accessories-etc- to a customer after you have provided a large discount,I haven`t met anyone who doesn`t like a lower price on a motorcycle or any product for that matter.
jly51 is offline   Reply With Quote