Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-11-2013, 08:44 PM   #1336
M3-SRT8
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 268
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guth View Post
Agreed. It feels even more so when activity is slow on this thread.
I know. I'm going to keep my distance and immerse myself in some other activities until, late April.
M3-SRT8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 09:00 PM   #1337
RedRocket
Yeah! I want Cheesy Poofs

Oddometer: 19,187
Quote:
Originally Posted by dpg View Post
That CTX700 is one of the ugliest bikes I have ever seen IMHO. I have even lost almost all of my lust for the moto guzzi v7 (still an awesome bike) and don't even really care what the new retro bmw boxer is going to look and be like anymore. I am about one day from plunking down some money on a bike I have never seen in person. This bike is just calling me! And when I am being honest with myself I am really just a Honda guy and always have been. So call me boring or lacking in character but I think this bike (cb1100) will tick all my boxes for years to come. Since this thread had died, lol, maybe someone could tell me with all the complaining about bikes running lean these day, isn't it fairly easy to make them run richer? Is this the accomplished with and ecu reflash? Can dealers do this? I assume with carbs it would be much easier but I wouldn't trade those for EFI I don't think.

I'm sure some people like Bazzaz, and Power Commander, Vance & Hines will make modules that tie in.
RedRocket is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 09:01 PM   #1338
dirtdreamer50
long time rider

Oddometer: 1,027
CTX thread

I mentioned the CTX thread, simply to allow bored readers a little excitement in their nasty winter days. At least some here have seen the 1100, but the CTX is still simply a couple of pictures on the interweb. No one has has actually seen or ridden them but are already convinced of what they will be like to ride and own. It's been fun to read...

I'm still strongly considering a CB, not the NC or CTX, but enjoy reading what others think of Honda's new direction.

tomp dd50
dirtdreamer50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 09:58 PM   #1339
M3-SRT8
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 268
QUESTION:

I've read about "Type1" and "Type 2" cb1100s.

Does that have any bearing on the US market Bikes?
M3-SRT8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 10:35 PM   #1340
Scoobynut
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 436
Quote:
Originally Posted by M3-SRT8 View Post
QUESTION:

I've read about "Type1" and "Type 2" cb1100s.

Does that have any bearing on the US market Bikes?
I read something about that as I was cruising the web looking for information on the CB1100 today. Best I could tell one of the 'types' has higher handlebars than the other one. Basic bike seemed to be the same. It didn't say anything beyond that. Sorry, can't remember which site I read it on, I was all over the place on the interwebs for a while today.
2008 Yamaha WR250R
1988 Honda Hawk GT
Scoobynut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 10:38 PM   #1341
Guth
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 149
I tried looking into this at one point Best I could tell, one of the two had lower rise handlebars and that appeared to be the only difference. It looks like we're getting the higher rise bars here in North America.
Guth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 10:41 PM   #1342
Guth
Gnarly Adventurer

Scoobynut, my post is so similar to yours, which I didn't see until after hitting the submit button, that I should delete. Then again, it's almost like existing in two places at once.
Old 02-12-2013, 02:10 AM   #1343
Tripl Nikl
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,604
Quote:
I tried looking into this at one point Best I could tell, one of the two had lower rise handlebars and that appeared to be the only difference. It looks like we're getting the higher rise bars here in North America.
Adjustable Clubman bars to the rescue!

http://www.omarsdtr.com/bars4.html

For $75, I think that this would be money well spent for anyone wanting to cafe their CB1100 since it's going to be hard to know where the angles should be for a while.

Or, some drag bars:

I think the CB1100 would look great with either of these. As for "lounge like" angles, my DR650 is pretty relaxed. So, if I owned a cafe-able bike, some scrunching on the angles would be more acceptable to me. Between the CB1100 and the upcoming Triumph Street Tracker? Good times!!

Tripl Nikl screwed with this post 02-12-2013 at 02:15 AM
Tripl Nikl is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 04:58 AM   #1344
dirtdreamer50
long time rider

Oddometer: 1,027
"Though with a taller seat and bars than the original Japan/Australia version (Europeans are taller than Australians, apparently), the CB11 has still been designed as a manageable, unintimidating machine – and Honda’s certainly succeeded. ‘1100cc four’ may sound daunting but the CB’s perch is relatively slim and low, the whole bike impressivly narrow and not overlong, the leverage provided by the wide bars ample and the weight, on the whole, carried low."

An excerpt from an MCN review posted a few pages back. Taller seat and bars than Japan and Australia models...
dirtdreamer50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 06:58 AM   #1345
Scoobynut
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
Scoobynut, my post is so similar to yours, which I didn't see until after hitting the submit button, that I should delete. Then again, it's almost like existing in two places at once.
Nah, don't delete it. If someone disputes our point, they'll have to take us both on!
2008 Yamaha WR250R
1988 Honda Hawk GT
Old 02-12-2013, 07:01 AM   #1346
Scoobynut
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirtdreamer50 View Post
"Though with a taller seat and bars than the original Japan/Australia version (Europeans are taller than Australians, apparently), the CB11 has still been designed as a manageable, unintimidating machine – and Honda’s certainly succeeded. ‘1100cc four’ may sound daunting but the CB’s perch is relatively slim and low, the whole bike impressivly narrow and not overlong, the leverage provided by the wide bars ample and the weight, on the whole, carried low."

An excerpt from an MCN review posted a few pages back. Taller seat and bars than Japan and Australia models...
I'm assuming this applies to the Euro model, but not necessarily the USA model? I guess we'll find out soon when the regular production ones start hitting our shores, or when some full road tests start appearing in our domestic mags/websites.
2008 Yamaha WR250R
1988 Honda Hawk GT
Old 02-12-2013, 08:28 AM   #1347
ARDirt
Adventurer

Oddometer: 48
Was hoping to start seeing some full blown ride test in the March issues of the mags but so far haven't seen anything. If someone see's something please post. This bike is also calling me!!!!
ARDirt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 08:44 AM   #1348
Gregster
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 959
Canadian MSRP $13,199.
http://motorcycle.honda.ca/newfor2013

US MSRP $9,999
http://powersports.honda.com/2013/cb1100.aspx

Nice to see we're getting ripped off as usual.
http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/story/...y-pricing.html
Gregster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 09:52 AM   #1349
Guth
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scoobynut View Post
I'm assuming this applies to the Euro model, but not necessarily the USA model?
I believe that the USA model is getting the taller seat as well. Tall that is when compared to seat that was originally released in Japan.
Old 02-12-2013, 09:54 AM   #1350
Guth
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ARDirt View Post
Was hoping to start seeing some full blown ride test in the March issues of the mags but so far haven't seen anything. If someone see's something please post. This bike is also calling me!!!!
The March issue of Bike magazine (out of the UK) gave the CB1100 a very favorable review.